Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I did a search and saw some mentions of this podcast but no threads, so I thought hell, I'll start one.

I started listening last week and am working my way through the backlog. I'm on episode 8 now.

I was pretty skeptical at first based on what I'd heard of it - 3 dudes from Twitter I'd never heard of talking politics and media on a lovely Skype call - but it's funny as hell (and the sound quality gets better). It probably helps that my politics more or less align with theirs (they are far left) but their targets are more establishment politics/media than conservatives.

I think an AV Club review of an early episode does a fairly good job summing up the show - better than I've done here, at least:

quote:

Chapo Trap House is not for everyone. Plenty of potential listeners will be turned off by the very far left political leanings of the hosts—Felix Biederman, Will Menaker, and Matt Christman, each minor Twitter celebrities in their own right—but even those who agree with their politics might prove allergic to the consistently poor audio quality of the show. And yet, it feels like an absolutely essential listen. The hosts have gripes with people at every point along the political spectrum, and although they are often lamenting many of the events of the week, their energy and desire to improve the political landscape of this country is not only unparalleled, but also contagious: if listening to this podcast doesn’t make you want to become more a more politically engaged person, it’s hard to imagine what will. It’s also a tremendously funny show right out of the gate—an offhand joke about calling one particularly unsavory pundit “Cold Stone Steve Austin” stands out, as does their hilariously biting take on Hamilton—and hopefully one that these guys actually keep producing every week.

Anyone else listening??? wanna talk about it???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Sorry to inform ya of this but there's already a Chapo Trap House thread.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Fuckin' search failed me again, or i'm an idiot. or both?

• Locked thread