Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
A Dutchman, to be precise. You might've heard about this happening in third world shitholes before, but apparently it still happens surprisingly frequently in Europe too!

quote:

A court in the Netherlands has sentenced a man to 30 days in jail for insulting the king on Facebook.

The 44-year-old Dutchman "intentionally insulted" King Willem-Alexander, accusing him of being a murderer, thief and rapist, the Dutch judiciary said.

He was convicted of breaking seldom-used royal defamation laws.
He was found to have doctored images of executions online to include the king's face in place of those of the actual victims, the judiciary said.

"This behaviour is unacceptable in our society and demands that a penalty be imposed on the suspect," it said in a statement.
The Netherlands' lese majeste law dates from 1881 and carries sentences of up to five years jail or a fine of 20,000 euros ($22,200; £16,700).

In total 18 prosecutions were brought under the law between 2000 and 2012, half of which resulted in convictions, Dutch TV reported.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36799639

:lol:. Clearly this is ridiculous and shall not stand! This calls for an act of civil disobedience, especially sine there's no downside for us like getting into any actual trouble, making it the best kind of disobedience.

Here are a couple of extremely original and topical examples to get things starting. Feel free to extend this to any inbred royalty scum.

large

Unfortunately PS crashed after I did the full cutout but here's the head in case anyone needs it http://i.imgur.com/JrFrKym.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You guys are gonna go to jail for this thread.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

mobby_6kl posted:

You might've heard about this happening in third world shitholes before, but apparently it still happens surprisingly frequently in Europe too!

But you repeat yourself

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I have been offered a reward to kill the OP. OP what is your counter-offer?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The king can suck my drat balls.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Suck my dick, you gently caress king.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hmm, i'm torn between my instinctive hatred for the op and my instinctive hatred for royalty

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
hail to the king baby

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

Prince Pils strikes again. I would say bring back the guillotine but his fat head probably wouldn't fit.

Our queen is a MILF though, or should I say QILF?

Molentik fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 15, 2016

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Man was apprehended with aid of the court conjurer and the mute headsman.

lol monarchies

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol at the loving Dutch

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Celluloid Sam posted:

lol at the loving Dutch

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
the same exact laws apply to every day people there too so, get your alarmist bs outtttttttttta here

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Celluloid Sam posted:

lol at the loving Dutch

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
whatthe gently caress even is a "netherlands" haha

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Shaquin posted:

sounds like the planet gooch or taint if you prefer

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Shaquin posted:

It's full of dykes

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

The guy in question

WENT TO JAIL FOR MURDERING AND DISMEMBERING HIS WIFE BEFORE

He was sentenced to twelve years in jail but got out after half that because it turned out his lawyer was an alcoholic. Also he refused a psychiatric examination.

namaste.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
The Netherlands didnt even make it to the 24-team Euro 2016 smdh

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Sai posted:

The guy in question

He was sentenced to twelve years in jail but got out after half that because it turned out his lawyer was an alcoholic. Also he refused a psychiatric examination.

namaste.

should have just murdered and dismember the king imo

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sai posted:

The guy in question

namaste.

Don't worry he's going back to jail now.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Under Erdogan, in Turkey, people get sentenced to huge jailtime for posting a pic of Erdogan looking like Gollum.

under King W-A, in the Netherl;ands, a man brutally murders his wife and cuts her body up, gets early release, posts photoshopped pictures with the kings face on people being executed by ISIS, posts death-threats, refuses to work with the investigation and gets 30 days in prison

Hrmmmmm are they brothers?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

probably not one is Dutch and the other is from wherever else you say

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I refuse to accept Turkey as the name of a nation

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Sai posted:

Under Erdogan, in Turkey, people get sentenced to huge jailtime for posting a pic of Erdogan looking like Gollum.

under King W-A, in the Netherl;ands, a man brutally murders his wife and cuts her body up, gets early release, posts photoshopped pictures with the kings face on people being executed by ISIS, posts death-threats, refuses to work with the investigation and gets 30 days in prison

Hrmmmmm are they brothers?

Two bad countries

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Celluloid Sam posted:

I refuse to accept Turkey as the name of a nation

Fun fact the animal turkey is named after the country and not the other way around

turkey (n.) 1540s, originally "guinea fowl" (Numida meleagris), a bird imported from Madagascar via Turkey, and called guinea fowl when brought by Portuguese traders from West Africa. The larger North American bird (Meleagris gallopavo) was domesticated by the Aztecs, introduced to Spain by conquistadors (1523) and thence to wider Europe. The wordturkey first was applied to it in English 1550s because it was identified with or treated as a species of the guinea fowl, and/or because it got to the rest of Europe from Spain by way of North Africa, then under Ottoman (Turkish) rule. Indian corn was originally turkey corn orturkey wheat in English for the same reason. 

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
If His Swampy Majesty were to make a mistake and say, "I'm so stupid!" would he have to go to jail?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Blue Train posted:

Fun fact the animal turkey is named after the country and not the other way around

turkey (n.) 1540s, originally "guinea fowl" (Numida meleagris), a bird imported from Madagascar via Turkey, and called guinea fowl when brought by Portuguese traders from West Africa. The larger North American bird (Meleagris gallopavo) was domesticated by the Aztecs, introduced to Spain by conquistadors (1523) and thence to wider Europe. The wordturkey first was applied to it in English 1550s because it was identified with or treated as a species of the guinea fowl, and/or because it got to the rest of Europe from Spain by way of North Africa, then under Ottoman (Turkish) rule. Indian corn was originally turkey corn orturkey wheat in English for the same reason. 

Interesting and informative!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

:effort: for the one, true King.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Blue Train posted:

Fun fact suck my drat balls

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
haha im going to amsterdam on spring braek and im gonna smoke so much medicine

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001

Celluloid Sam posted:

Fun fact suck my drat balls

whoa could you cite your sources please

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Good. Lèse majesté is a crime, and criminals deserve to be punished.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

PsionicAnt posted:

whoa could you cite your sources please

Wikipedia

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol at any country that still has royals i mean have some goddamn self respect wtf

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Moridin920 posted:

lol at any country that still has royals i mean have some goddamn self respect wtf

especially loving Dutch ones

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
maybe if the dutch had guns this tragerdy would never have happened

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Hell yea break out some old laws, way cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

mobby_6kl posted:

A Dutchman, to be precise. You might've heard about this happening in third world shitholes before, but apparently it still happens surprisingly frequently in Europe too!

Pretty sure Europe qualifies as a 3rd world country as well.

• Locked thread