Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joke_explainer

Lizard Wizard posted:

Here's a grasshopper taking a rest on a fence along a nature trail.

i love the texture on the wood in this! and the depth of field is good. It would be a great picture if the grasshopper herself was sharply in focus, but I mean, almost all wildlife photography benefits enormously if the wildlife would just cooperate...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
this thread just crashes my browser now, pretend i quoted and commented on most of the last page because my computer wont allow me too

:(

Scaly Haylie

shoot, i forgot to post yesterday's picture so here it is:

lighting's not the best :shrug:

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

Lizard Wizard posted:

shoot, i forgot to post yesterday's picture so here it is:

lighting's not the best :shrug:

squerils got turned to stoned

Scaly Haylie

while i'm at it, here's today's, taken an hour ago:

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

Lizard Wizard posted:

while i'm at it, here's today's, taken an hour ago:

ELK?

Scaly Haylie

indeed!

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

Elk is delicious

Scaly Haylie

Scaly Haylie

super mario batali posted:

Elk is delicious

i would not know.

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

Biird

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
This thread needs more mod participation. :crossarms:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
so seriously the only way i can even comment in this thread anymore is to type a single letter, wait for my browser to catch up, hit post, then hit edit and add more words. That last page absolutely kills my browser every time because trying to reply brings up a bunch of the huge pictures from page 4. am i the only one this is happening to?

Luvcow fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 4, 2016

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Ok everybody, timg ur stuff

joke_explainer

Luvcow posted:

so seriously the only way i can even comment in this thread anymore is to type a single letter, wait for my browser to catch up, hit post, then hit edit and add more words. That last page absolutely kills my browser every time because trying to reply brings up a bunch of the huge pictures from page 4. am i the only one this is happening to?

i'm having no problem but I'll pull my images!

Ok everybody, timg ur stuff

timg doesn't actually help... it still loads the whole thing, just hides it with javascript so it doesn't break tables

joke_explainer

there I made my pics just links to the gallery. luvcow now you can check them out individually! :)

FluffieDuckie

This thread needs more mod participation. :crossarms:

-.-

Ok here's the deal. Life got crazy. I'm trying to get ready to leave town and my dog thought that would be an excellent time for an emergency room visit and now my days are filled with shoving pills down a dog's throat in between loads of laundry. None of these things are conducive to talking pictures for the Internet.

As a form of reparations I will post vacation pictures but they may have to wait until I get home because I'm not smart and making pictures appear in my posts from my phone is like witchcraft to me

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Scaly Haylie

FluffieDuckie posted:

As a form of reparations I will post vacation pictures but they may have to wait until I get home because I'm not smart and making pictures appear in my posts from my phone is like witchcraft to me

You can upload from your phone's photo library on imgur.

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Awesome sorry to hear bout your dog fluffie. Mods pls ad a 56k warning

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

joke_explainer posted:

there I made my pics just links to the gallery. luvcow now you can check them out individually! :)

sweet! i loved the foggy tank pics from a page or two back. I think it was the iceland ones that crashed me, though they were amazing pics.

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Thomas the crepe engine

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
A picture of my house from today, done painting!

http://imgur.com/IFhy4Vl

<3 <3 Vanisher

joke_explainer

My fav local bagel company hadn't delivered to stores for a couple days and I got worried and messaged (I've been chasing this companies bagels all over town as different coffee shops and grocery stores started or stopped carrying them.) The owner let me know they were fine but just moved and had some electrical problems to sort out. She offered to drop off some bagels for me to freeze for emergencies, I said sure, and this morning I had a bag of freshly baked bagels on my doorstep!!

I love these bagels. Thin, crispy, blistered crust with chewey-but-tender dense crumb. And they have my fav flavors: Salt and everything. Anyway there's my photo.

joke_explainer fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 7, 2016

mags

Nice nail hygiene

Robot Made of Meat

mister magpie posted:

Nice nail hygiene

His nail is indeed clean, and he's holding a tasty-looking bagel.

Thanks for your contribution to this photography thread.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

joke_explainer posted:

My fav local bagel company hadn't delivered to stores for a couple days and I got worried and messaged (I've been chasing this companies bagels all over town as different coffee shops and grocery stores started or stopped carrying them.) The owner let me know they were fine but just moved and had some electrical problems to sort out. She offered to drop off some bagels for me to freeze for emergencies, I said sure, and this morning I had a bag of freshly baked bagels on my doorstep!!

I love these bagels. Thin, crispy, blistered crust with chewey-but-tender dense crumb. And they have my fav flavors: Salt and everything. Anyway there's my photo.

nobodies going to ask where the hole is?

really?

FluffieDuckie

i see it :shrug:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I'm being gaslighted

joke_explainer

It did have one but I kind of took the pic from the bulgey side on account of having already took a bite out of it

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

joke_explainer posted:

It did have one but I kind of took the pic from the bulgey side on account of having already took a bite out of it

oh poo poo... ya i see it up top, thats a very fat bagel

deep dish peat moss

I really like lights shining through clouds and sunshafts and godrays they're super cool... here's one I took last month up in like far north Az where you drive up and up and up the mountains for hours and then you go kind of through some clouds and reach this big mesa plateau that stretches forever in every direction, and right when we got to the top this was in front of us. I wish I had pics that weren't through a dirty windshield

If you guys are using imgur you can thumbnail your image by adding a lowercase L to the end of the filename you can use this template to make posting it easy

code:
[url=LINK1][img]LINK2[/img][/url]
Paste the link to your image in place of both links and add the L to the end of LINK2 (before the .jpg)

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 6, 2016

mags

Robot Made of Meat posted:

His nail is indeed clean, and he's holding a tasty-looking bagel.

Thanks for your contribution to this photography thread.
i can post a kitty pic if you want

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Robot Made of Meat

I tried to post a picture a day, but I kinda' got burned out what with one thing and another.

Then, someone in another thread laid a sick burn on FluffieDuckie, deriding her old-osity and implying she only used rotary-dial phones.

I felt that it was my duty (as a perhaps even older poster than FD), to defend her honor by posting pictures of my rotary-dial phones.

This is the rotary-dial phone on my deck. It's JUST beneath (and slightly south of) Clock Frog's clock.

This is the rotary-dial phone on my front porch. I don't use this one much, but it's nice to know it's there.

This is the Princess Phone in my upstairs bathroom. Please ignore the hair.

This one is in my downstairs bathroom. Basic black rotary-dial deskset. But it DOES have an official Bell-System mechanical pencil with built-in dialing tool on the holder!

This is the clear rotary-dial desk set in my studio. It's pretty rare, and very cool! Sadly, it's also a blurry picture.

In case you're worried, I'm not about to run out of rotary-dial telephones. Here's a drawer-full in my shop.

And in case you think I'm some sort of freak who lives in a place that only has rotary-dial telephones, rest assured. Not all of my phones have rotary dials.

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Aug 6, 2016

mags

I tried to post a picture a day, but I kinda' got burned out what with one thing and another.

Then, someone in another thread laid a sick burn on FluffieDuckie, impugning her old-osity and implying she only used rotary-dial phones.

I felt that it was my duty (as a perhaps even older poster than FD), to defend her honor by posting pictures of my rotary-dial phones.

This is the rotary-dial phone on my deck. It's JUST beneath (and slightly south of) Clock Frog's clock.

This is the rotary-dial phone on my front porch. I don't use this one much, but it's nice to know it's there.

This is the Princess Phone in my upstairs bathroom. Please ignore the hair.

This one is in my downstairs bathroom. Basic black rotary-dial deskset. But it DOES have an official Bell-System mechanical pencil with built-in dialing tool on the holder!

This is the clear rotary-dial desk set in my studio. It's pretty rare, and very cool! Sadly, it's also a blurry picture.

In case you're worried, I'm not about to run out of rotary-dial telephones. Here's a drawer-full in my shop.

And in case you think I'm some sort of freak who lives in a place that only has rotary-dial telephones, rest assured. Not all of my phones have rotary dials.

what are those for?

paul_soccer12 posted:

Robot Made of Meat

I guess I should cross-post in the "Things Millennials Don't Do" thread.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i like those phones

i loved when phones still had that pulse/tone setting so you could still get that old time waiting feeling after you dialed each number

mags

I guess I should cross-post in the "Things Millennials Don't Do" thread.

you couldn't post about your mom in there

paul_soccer12 posted:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
:vince:

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Doggie Picture!

<3 <3 Vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

After yesterday's post, I realized that I'd foolishly forgotten the rotary-dial phone in the bar . . just a few feet from my desk. So, I will now rectify that omission.

And while I was grilling a tasty burger for dinner, I noticed this fuzzy fellow on my kitchen door.

I did NOT pet this kitty.

• Locked thread