Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/HazardF5/status/764734664774934528

So for those keeping track, the belt that was the Legends title, the Global title, the TV title, and the KOTM title has finally been retired and replaced with the Grand title. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNA_King_of_the_Mountain_Championship Been a hell of a ride, g*dspeed

Has any single title ever had more name changes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grozz Nuy posted:

Having Lashley win all the belts seems especially pointless when they just vacated the X Division title and had someone else win it immediately and then replaced the other one.

Also, for people keeping count, that's 3 title changes so far

Seriously why the gently caress did they do that angle? All they did is bury the gently caress out of their roster, THEN their belts, for literally no reason.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

If they don't give baby Maxel the BROKEN haircut style then they're just leaving money on the table

They did already. He has The Tiniest Highlight and it's kinda adorable. :3:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Really early Summerslam betting odds and all yeah yeah. Still, Sasha randomly having a huge shift and going from -1200 fav to +180 underdog is notably strange

What're the rest?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dean being such a heavy favorite makes me glad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo Dean. :woop:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Skinty McEdger posted:

As long as they don't do anything spectacularly stupid like have Bayley show up and cost Sasha the match turning heel and joining with Charlotte they'll be fine.

I also expect those odds to change again in the next four hours when they confirm finishes.

Those Dean/Dolph odds are pretty much :lol:NOPE though, which I'm thrilled with.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

Also Finn winning is cool, and Dolph not winning is even cooler. Congrats, Foochs, my "I still like dean" post-trainwreck vs. Jericho has nothing on you

Thaaaaannnks....?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hasn't basically everyone left signed except ZSJ and possibly Ibushi, that's knida unclear?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
TJ's signing surely, he was in that promo for the cruisers on Monday.

IIRC it was reported Ibushi signed, he denied it but then I think someone else reported they were still negotiating/nothing official either way, but what we do know is he's the likely winner of the CWC and continues to be featured, including being in Nakamura's locker room at TakeOver which IMO points to him signing? Is that about right?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SomeMathGuy posted:

So who's turning, Rollins probably? Or will they do a "Meh, these heels are popular with fans anyway, just do a heel/heel match" sort of thing?

Either way :woop:

Like I've been saying since last Monday, I'd bet literal money on Seth face turn.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seth would be a better face than KO.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

HIAC is cobrand? would be funny if the raw girls do a cell while Becky put a great wrestling match.

No? It's a RAW show.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hero v. Shinsuke? loving yesssssss

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

It just feels weird to bring in Hero, rebrand him as Kassius Ohno, cut him, and then go into this whole phase where they're totally OK letting indy guys use their old names.

Meanwhile, Hero revives his career as one of the hottest indy workers on the planet, WWE convinces him to come back, and ... they're sticking with the same bad WWE name he had before. They have random C-listers using their indy names on 205 Live, why not do the same courtesy with Hero?

There is no guarantee he won't go back to the Chris Hero name eventually, and it's a unique situation because he came in right before most guys kept their indy names and they might want to keep continuity instead of having to awkwardly go "THE MAN FORMERLY KNOWN AS KASSIUS OHNO, WHO WILL NOW BE KNOWN AS CHRIS HERO IS BACK!" especially on the first appearance, AND that's assuming what we saw wasn't just a dark segment where they used the old graphics because they had them.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

They could easily do a reverse-Itami/Asuka where he comes in and says "I'm known here as Kassius Ohno, but I will now be known as Chris Hero".

The one I'm still miffed about is Apollo Crews. Uhaa Nation was such a badass name and if he'd held off on signing just a bit longer he probably could've kept it.

They might still do that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Dean Ambrose will win the Rumble and be involved in all the matches at Wrestlemania. He is the best.

Dean vs AJ Vs Cena
Dean vs Miz - IC title
Brawn vs Taker (Dean is guest ref)
Samoan Joe vs Rhyno (Dean is timekeeper)
Goldberg vs Lesnar (insert promo from Dean)
Multi woman Dean on a pole match
Ultimate posedown - Dean-o Bravo vs big show

End the show with Dean/Rene wedding.

Throw in a tag schmozz and Battle royal on the undercard (both featuring Dean) and you have a hell of a show.

Unironically less ham fisted than last year in terms of getting one guy over at the expense of everyone else.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Brock Lesnar loving sucks.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Goldberg beating Brock again at WM and then losing to heel Roman at Summerslam seems like a pretty good chain of events.

Seth is dead so RIP any hope of a Roman heel turn.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Venomous posted:

I'd say upper midcard. Could easily hang in the main event (as with his incredible matches against AJ) but he's best suited for matches towards the top of the card like his ones against KO and the Miz.

Dean is like early-mid 2000's Jericho. Not on the level of Cena, Reigns, or Styles, but just below that. I'd argue KO is more of a midcarder than Dean, which is really damning for Raw.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is so loving funny

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So the Hardys are ROH now, huh?

Hmm. I dunno why I ever thought they'd go back to WWE.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DEAR RICHARD posted:

add braun to roman/taker and make it watchable

This would actually be good IMO

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Probably because there's usually at least one change in the midcard matches in the week before the show, or they're desperately clinging to hope that WWE will make a good booking decision

Or because it's actually true a reasonable amount of the time?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Bray is unnecessary now that there's a superior fat guy in shirt.

Bray has been better in ring recently. And just as good in character work.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can we all agree that set owns? Because yeah buddy. If the show is even half as good as that set, it will be a good show.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The loving Spirit Squad? Is Cornette back?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do like that AJ formally made peace with Shane and turned face before going to Raw. I have to admit I think it'd be the funniest poo poo ever if they made AJ's character "mad about going to Raw because Raw sucks" and I'd bet money they are. Also if that Trips stable is happening I'd be down for them vs. Face Club, tbh.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vaguido posted:

I think face Gallows and Anderson would suck, but they've sucked the entire time in WWE so sure, I guess.

I don't so much mean plucky faces, more "dudes who are funny with AJ and beat rear end". They have such good chemistry and AJ got over as a face for being an entertaining dick so roll with it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

I hope the idea is that Shane's actually still a bitter dick about it.

That'd be good too although I don't know what the endgame would be. I like that both of SD's authority figures are faces.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

he wasnt even in the andre battle royal lol

Yes he was.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

hmmmmmmmmm I respect your right to believe that but I must decline

Seriously he was.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Muddy Burphy posted:

Easy way to have a World title match on the PPV without blowing through a Brock appearance.

I can't wait until Brock goes away forever.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

We just have to get through one more (seven hour) Mania and then we're free

Holy poo poo CJ2 do we actually agree on this? My man. :hfive:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In kayfabe Bryan and Shane are the worst negotiators in history.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Midnightghoul posted:

They're trying to court Mauro by publicly outing and shaming bullies

Except they're doing some bizarre thing where the bully is the face so not really?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I always mix it up. So Jericho, Bray, and BRAUN are all heavy favorites? :stare:

Also Owens is staying on SD whether he's champion or not. They've outright said as such.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

has BRAUN ever not been a heavy favorite, everyone seemed to know that the plan was Braun/Lesnar at SummerSlam which would make him losing moronic

True. Other hand, bow wow.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Not Summerslam, the June or July Raw PPV (was Bad Blood, now Great Balls of Fire)

Summerslam last I heard is Finn getting squashed by Brock (similar to Cena's match and Bryan's planned match)

The second Brock retires forever will improve the product exponentially. Brock booking is worse than the worst Roman booking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

WWE has pushed Finn over Reigns.

Finn then proceeded to get injured yet again.

In a freak accident.

IcePhoenix posted:

Have they? Everything I've heard when watching seemed to say that the champion will be on SD and the non-champion goes to RAW

On the most recent SD they were very explicit about it.