Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It turns out that 50/50 booking is actually insanely good.

There's a middle ground, don't be a dumbass. Also they're wasting their only effective booking on a part-timer who doesn't give a single gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Its just seems from a "casual" perspective like World Champion Brock Lesnar is basically booked like World Champion Hollywood Hogan with Paul Heyman playing the role of Eric Bischoff.

Imagine that except Bischoff and Hogan both only show up every few months for a month or so then gently caress off again.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

I don't mind because RAW is bad and having Lesner show up every week would be more bad. Let him be the end-boss that shows up to kick someone's rear end every now and then as long as eventually you have heel Miz with the IC gloating about he's the most important RAW champion because he's the one who shows up and then get his rear end kicked by Lesner.

It's awful, it sucks, and it needs to stop. It''s been like this for over 3 years and it's all because of Roman. People need to realize this, accept it, and stop justifying it. It's the worst thing in WWE and has been for years and yes I'm including Roman.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Roman is good but his booking is poo poo and makes me actively hate him.

Brock is good but his booking is poo poo and makes me actively hate him.

Just clearing that up.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I can't think of anyone in WWE booked better than Brock since at least the start of the Goldberg feud.

Brock himself is booked well. It's that his booking takes such a gigantic poo poo on the rest of the card that it's​ awful.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

I seem to recall at one point before the brand split they were doing two house show circuits (which is normal) and the one headlined by Reigns was practically getting lapped by the one headlined by Dean and it was hilarious. It only got worse when the split happened, I think. Wasn't there a RAW PPV that didn't even come close to selling out while the SmackDown PPV later that month had already done so?

Something like that, yes. The Top Face Roman Experiment is toxic to business.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

I have less than zero desire to watch another Ambrose/Wyatt match. Or watch Bray Wyatt, in general.

Thank gently caress it's just a match and that Balor is the feud.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

This Raw sounds like poo poo

It's a pre-taped RAW. They're always poo poo. Occasionally on a live Raw there'll be something cool but any international Raw they just don't bother.

The tag stuff sounds cool though!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Allegedly the Smackdown main event for Summerslam is Cena/Jinder, which boggles my mind when they could have Cena/Styles, Styles/Nakamura, Styles/Orton, Orton/Nakamura, CENA/NAKAMURA (which better loving happen in the next 12 months) or even, and I swear I'd care more about it than Cena/Mahal, Cena and Orton part 20178.

Doesn't boggle my mind at all. I've been thinking that was happening for weeks. It's dumb, super dumb, but obvious.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

mike bennett is tv ready as is

I would mention his impossible blandness but then again the title program right now is Randy/Jinder so...

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

say what you want about mike bennet but he has his entire act down pat and doesn't have to learn to work wwe style

Oh I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm jussayin' Bennett is bland af.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm not sure what the word bland has to do with Jinder, though

Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal is the most bland title feud possible so WWE doesn't care if Bennett is bland and I can't imagine him being a downgrade.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Jinder isn't a heel you racist.

Yes he is and this gimmick bullshit isn't funny.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Junpei Hyde posted:

Look I know Randy is broing but Jinder is working with what he's given.

Jinder is worse.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Braun's almost certainly getting Brock at Summerslam, leaving Reigns free
Reigns ain't skipping Summerslam just to sell a kayfabe injury, so he'll need something to do
They're still adamant about making Summerslam this big Mania-like spectacle with part timers and big matchups
Dave said there's a reason they've been careful to not outright say Taker's retired or done-done
The feeling backstage about Taker since Mania has seemed like he wanted at least a somewhat better match to go out on, but was absolutely fine with Reigns being the one who got the last W no matter what, so if he comes back it'd probably only be for a rematch

Roman did say tonight that he retired Taker though.

Also that Mania sendoff was perfect, don't loving ruin it Taker.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Under the vegetable posted:

It was the biggest wet fart a retirement match and angle could possibly be and would have tainted taker's memory and legacy forever if it was really his last match

I meant his exit. Nothing else.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

roque won, literally one guy is in nxt like 4 months later and he;s 80 years old

He was literally denying Fish would show up so wrong

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is better than Brock/Roman at Mania so I'm down.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

I'd rather see Jinder hold the title for 5 straight years than give it back to Randy loving Orton

gently caress right off. Jinder is actively terrible.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yes, I poo poo all over Jinder and people who enjoy his title reign because I literally don't find it even ironically entertaining and it represents everything lovely about who gets pushed in WWE and why. The Jinder Experiment is the one thing I will never find good. Ever.

Not even sorry.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dean's title run was good and I literally don't see why people think it wasn't. It was short but it was good. Plenty of good matches, peak Dean promo work, and crowds were into it. Also the post-loss chase was also really loving good with the matches at No Mercy and TLC. Guess it's just a meme or something. I'm not saying it was an all-timer and AJ absolutely should've taken it off of him, but Dean'ss cash-in and promo the night after by themselves were better than the entirety of Jinder's run could hope to be, and that completely discounts the rest of it.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Is it not good to like things? I myswelf try not to poo poo over your enjoyment of a product.

I've explained many times why I think Jinder's push is bad, not only because I think Jinder's bad but because of the message it sends. Furthermore, I'm genuinely curious what redeeming qualities anyone finds in it. I'm not trying to be a dick, help me here.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 1, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

It's terrible that there are non-white wrestling fans.

That's not the part I take issue with. Don't even try to tell me Jinder would've gotten this push if he still had the 3MB bod, demographics be damned.

If they pushed an Indian wrestler (or Canadian-Indian or whatever else) who wasn't necessarily a top talent but was good, cool. But they pushed an absolute roid-monster who always sounds like he's losing his voice, has terrible inflection, terrible facial expressions, and is just as bland as Randy in-ring, probably one of the few people I'd consider more bland.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 1, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hell Foochs sometimes people get pushed because of how they look. Wrestling is just like any other show business, it's always worked that way.

I understand that. Doesn't mean I have to like it or that I'm wrong. Also looking at Jinder physically grosses me out. He's more gross than Steiner. Like when he first came back he was roided, but at least looked something approaching human. Even in the brief tag team with Rusev I don't remember thinking :gonk:, and that was when the "Hardbody Mahal" thing started. But now, Good God.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mkay0 posted:

I care about what others think wrt different wrestlers. I care a lot about others opinions on physiques, race, workrate and promos. These are important things to me.

*bows out of thread, waits for spoilers*

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Get loving owned Roque. LMAO. Gotta put respect on rovert's name even though he drives me nuts sometimes.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So for real what are the chances they do ReDRagon v. AoP? That'd be pretty awesome.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Sometime in October maybe. Apparently.

Wait what? Am I reading between these lines correctly? Or are you saying that's when Kenny is defending the title and this isn't doublespeak?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bloodysabbath posted:

How the gently caress do you make a guy the first ever universal champion then maybe possibly send him back to developmental?

Has anyone actually said he's one of the names being suggested? I think this is people just assuming. Stupidly.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The main reason I said the Finn thing is stupid is I'd almost toxx on him being back in the main event scene within the next few months. Brock is really jamming that scene up and it won't be as much of an issue soon.

Or they move Finn to SD and he's at the top of the card there. People are mistaking placeholder feuds for a depush.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Defiance Industries posted:

Nah dude, Roman just needs one more WrestleMania Moment (tm) and people will finally love him

I don't know if you're joking but Brock is legit leaving sooner than later. Certainly before Mania.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

In speaking to two different sources backstage at today's WWE Smackdown Live taping in Cleveland, Ohio, we have been told that the plan is for WWE champion Jinder Mahal to defend his title against Shinsuke Nakamura at Summerslam.

Credit: PWInsider

Get in.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

i was asked to post this. Very early plans are for Nakamura to defeat Jinder without winning the title, and for the match to be placed near the opener. Nothing new for the secondary big belt, but I thought that was an interesting look into the true understanding of their audience; it may spoil the crowd for a majority of the show depending on how much they like Nak. Could even be related to a potential copout for why the audience doesn't go nuts for Roman winning the title in the main.

Um...you are my friend but source?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ragnarok the Red posted:

:lol: Vince learned the opposite lesson he should have from WM32. Instead of spitebooking the entire card so the crowd has to give his chosen one a positive reaction which they don't, he'll spitebook a favorite to attempt to kill the crowd and use it as an excuse to defend Roman's negative reactions.

Y'all. It's Cavauro. He's a good dude but grain of salt.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

I asked around extensively about this.

Becky Lynch currently isn't apart of the internal plans for Summerslam.

The Cyborg feud is just her going into business for herself and a project between Becky Lynch, Luke Sanders and a backup plan for Cyborg if she lost last weekend.

If Tito didn't manage Cyborg, no buys IMO.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bard Maddox posted:

Johnny Impact sounds like a lovely mid-90s white rapper who tried to make it big after Ice Ice Baby

he may have actually been in The Funky Bunch

It's pretty perfect for the character to be honest. Johnny is basically generic 90's movie bully so a stupid name like that is perfect.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

GFW taping ongoing and I'll have results as always, just wanted to apologize for the one important part of last night's show that I forgot to mention

In the gauntlet for the world title was the debut of Standby Wrestler Richard Justice, aka Supercop Dick Justice

Wait are you actually there?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Yep. At first thought my mind was playing tricks on me because the only time I'm ever at a TNA show, the last loving thing I expect to see is the man, the myth, the legend, Dick Justice. Then found out he was there last night and welp, had to rush here with the news

Holy poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

Because despite being a big 4 show, Survivor Series is kind of treated like poo poo by WWE

Also tbf they probably should have big matches on B-Shows sometimes to reduce churn, or try to.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Braun vs Brock IS a big match, though! And give Cena and Joe some promo time and that match could be huge too! It just reeks of either Cena being so close to out the door that they're panicking and rushing through all the 'dream' matches, or Vince not thinking there's any money in Nakamura/Cena or Joe/Cena.

I'll give you that, I was more referring to the B-Show logic in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
4HW v. 4HW and Steph tapping to Ronda would both be cool as hell Mania options and if you don't think Steph would tap to Ronda you're a massive idiot. Some of y'all are the equivalent of the D&D brokebrains.