Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Angular Landbury posted:

Let's make up fake TNA names

Broxwell Vankness
Jono Narfwell
Jennivver Sweet
Jeff
Stevenson Lonx

Bazooka Kaboom
Napalm Skydeath
Octo Rugboy
Fred
Borion Lorax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Pritchard says tag titles are recovered, vacant. 4 teams will battle for it: Reno Scum, Decay, Garza Jr/Laredo Kid, and the returning LAX who attack the other three teams

Please tell me Reno Scum is some sort of Rappongi Vice ripoff.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

spongeh posted:

honestly given how hot the match was, and how good the match was, they're leaving money on the table by not finishing the storyline with the rematch. compared to shinsuke which just felt like bullshit

Given how over Almas is, even as a heel, if they want to leave him in NXT for a bit to finish up with a rematch or some sort of 'Vega finds someone else because Almas is a loser even with her help, and Almas proves he can regain the title without her' storyline, there's a ton of money still to be made with him.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

It makes more sense to me now that i've read a more in-depth spoiler: Ref bump, Ciampa grabs the crutch and the belt, Gargano runs down and in taking the belt away from Ciampa, accidentally knocks out Black, Ciampa takes out Gargano and covers Black as the ref recovers.

And yeah, i'm a big fan of his from back in the Tommy End days, but his title run didn't do a lot for me. His character works best as the guy who aggressively meditates at you and doesn't say a lot other than the occasional 'ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THIS?!?'

We Got Us A Bread fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jul 19, 2018

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Astro7x posted:

He's barely wrestled since winning the title, two defenses against Young and Lars... I mean, if I am reading this right, the only other match he's had was on the UK show. 3 matches as champion, 2 defenses, and a bunch of talking? Yeah, that's not how you book that guy

Also, using the...pop-tart entrance every time is stupid. For comparison, THIS is the entrance that gets across what Black's character is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtKpoOdU14c

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

oldskool posted:

Taking the NXT champion off the card is a non-starter. The other issue is that every episode of NXT between now and TakeOver is in the can; if you just wipe out the triple threat you have to edit/delete every segment in those shows that references it.

If I had to guess I'd say they probably do a #1 contender's match at TakeOver where Ciampa interferes to keep Gargano from winning, and then Gargano runs in on the main event for the gently caress finish.
If Ricochet can't go I would expect Cole to be the opponent in these matches, considering that between the NorthAm title, the backburnered Ricochet feud and the tag team title scene it'd be easy to completely ignore TUE's involvement until it became relevant to put somebody in TUE back in the NXT title picture.

Yeah, the best/most straightforward way to do it is start Takeover and do a 'Ciampa takes out Black backstage' at the beginning, takes out Gargano as well at some point, and then do the 'welp, looks like I have no opponent, it doesn't matter, you people didn't deserve to see me anyway..' thing, and then whomever it is comes out and we have a match.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

They need someone who can get good face heat against Ciampa immediately. It’s too bad Ricochet’s likely out and Dream is probably too green to improvise at that level. Dunne could do it. An obvious ringer like McIntyre or Breeze will need time to warm up the crowd.

Taking the strap off Black on TV was the second roundly bad booking decision in NXT history, the other being Asuka losing her smile. We’re finally at the point at which the title’s heat has dimmed in comparison to the feud itself, as tends to happen on the main roster.

I actually think McIntyre isn't a terrible choice, he seemed fairly well received by the NXT crowds, and you can just 'he never got his title remach, and since he's in town..' with him.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

I think this just shows the value of a wrestling promotion having an 'I just want to fight' character. NXT Kevin Owens, Braun, etc. , a guy that you can slot in to a match at the last moment, and the fans buy it.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Nikki Cross got over because of character work, not the amount of matches she won in NXT

Also the number of secrets she knows. Admittedly, it was just the one, but boy was it a good one.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Why would you do the Bray reveal on the go-home show for a PPV that HE'S NOT ON?!?

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

extradite THIS! posted:

Apparently the bald guy shown in the Nightmare Collective videos on Dynamite could very possibly be Canadian wrestler Dr. Luther. Personally know nothing about him.

I hope he uses that ringname in AEW too and then they can say he's a doctor, you know. Of what? Doesn't matter.

If it's THAT Dr. Luther, then he's a friend of Jericho's from way back. Jericho talks about him performing in NJPW when Jericho/Storm were there in his first book. I think, I could be wrong, that they all went to the same wrestling school around the same time.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Do they still do media appearances?

There have been strong rumors that they're going to stop, or at least incredibly scale back, their live events.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Wasn't there a section in that where Johnny just went and partied with the band to run down the clock?

Yep. I miss the Worldwide Underground, they were such a bunch of dickbags.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

karmicknight posted:

Yeah the match ends with Kingston's Family and Death Triangle fighting each other to a tainted victory for the heels, only for the monster Eddie Kingston pissed off during his single minded pursuit of the belt to finally remind people that Godzilla is in this movie. Like Death Triangle has no real quarrel with Lance, so it kind of makes sense that a surprise Murderhawk Monster would clear the ring so that Lance can stand tall over Eddie Kingston.

Yeah, it follows up on Eddie's "I see you, Lance" from a few weeks ago.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I promise you he'd have put more effort in had he been booked to go over.

That might be sorta right. Not so much about the "booked to go over" part, but in Nak's book he makes it VERY clear that he's only going to invest the time and energy into a company that they're going to invest in him. No more, no less.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Ahahahaha...remember the year that Brock showed up, and despite not being in the match just sorta went "lol, I win!!!" and everyone went along with it because reasons? Never underestimate the ability of the WWE to force Becky into the mix/make her the winner. It makes no sense? That's sorta what they do.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Buddy is balls deep in the Malakai Black-verse, he's been working on doing something with Buddy for months and was featured in that weird movie thing Black did before he debuted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Pylons posted:

*Tony Schiavone interviewed ROH Champion Claudio Castagnoli, who came out with Wheeler Yuta. Claudio said his championship represents Honor and the logo of the Blackpool Combat Club is the new symbol of excellence. They are a team and a family who make each other better. They win and they lose, together. Last week, unfortunately, Wheeler Yuta lost the ROH Pure title but he will get back up and win it again. Last week, Claudio had one of the hardest matches and hardest opponent he's ever faced in Dax Harwood. Next week, it will be a great week for the BBC because Moxley and Danielson are in the finals for the AEW title. Iron sharpens irons. Next week, there will be another World Champion in the BBC and will have two world champions in their ranks. Chris Jericho got up from commentary. He said the JAS is the symbol of excellence. Jericho ran down his accolades but said the one place he's never been World Champion was Ring of Honor. Seven World titles isn't enough for him, he wants "ocho." He challenged Claudio for a title match "this Wednesday" at Grand Slam. Claudio said he was hoping this would happen and has been waiting for this moment for a long time. He said Jericho was one.

Lol. BCC. Blackpool Combat Club. Not...that.