Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bad bones is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the tapings so far sound kinda fun but i'm still probably not going to tune in because i dont know what day and time tna is on without looking it up and i might have to spent several seconds finding pop tv in my cable package

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Garza Jr and Laredo Kid, two exciting and talented luchadores, are in a trios team with Mahabali Shera

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Isn't there a maximum bet for most of the sites that offer WWE betting? I think it's like 50 or 100 bucks?

Yes

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

nikki should win

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

you dont have to watch impact

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

They've been trying to sign Shirai for months now. I guess WWE is getting pretty desperate to sign her. As for Hojo, she's probably the second or third (maybe fourth) best female wrestler in the world, if Meltzer is to be believed.

dave isn't really an authority on joshi anymore or women's wrestling outside wwe in general

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

Wasn't there some article somewhere in the recent past that explained in detail how now that they have a stable base of Network subscribers that is roughly equivalent to the revenue they used to get from traditional PPV buys, the WWE's business model is effectively infinitely sustainable regardless of short-term trends in things like ratings or house show attendance? Unless they have to do something crazy like pay for their employee's health insurance, of course.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Nothing that you couldn't justifiably attribute to declining live event ratings in general. Network numbers would probably be the best metric and they seem turbulent but predictable.

If you're really interested in the business/financial side of wwe check out any article by brandon howard or chris harrington who come to this conclusion

I believe they just started up a podcast on the subject that I assume is incredibly dry and boring

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

batistas silent heel turn promo was better because he did it wearing jeans, a denim jacket with no shirt underneath, and timbs

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hell yeah gently caress her up Liv

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mob posted:

Agreed except for the last part you disgusting sexist

what part was sexist

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

check the drat thread title

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

asuka isnt undefeated

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bradzilla posted:

How are they booking a match where the babyface gets DQd

i dont think that's what they're doing but randy orton going on a rampage and beating up jinder and the boyz with weapons would be both in character and get a big pop

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I did. Joe stinks. Was better in TNA.

counterpoint: seth "freakin" rollins is the alternative

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

mike bennett is tv ready as is

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I would mention his impossible blandness but then again the title program right now is Randy/Jinder so...

say what you want about mike bennet but he has his entire act down pat and doesn't have to learn to work wwe style

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i walked in the middle of it to beat traffic

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Teddybear posted:

He Was Never That Good, Really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACqhW2ThcqI

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Benne posted:

Unless they pull a Sheamus/Cesaro and make Ohno/Itami team up, are there even any other face teams left for AoP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OD0oo940d8

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

false alarm, folks, alvarez is always wrong

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

spooky supernatural heels should always be treated like the jokes that they are

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly Bray would have been better if he wasn't supernatural at all and just a crazy cult preacher

agreed

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

roque hows roverts dick taste

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"Whoever they want from CMLL" means whoever the CMLL office feels like sending because nobody in ROH knows CMLL which is why you end up with El Terrible instead of someone young and cool or someone old and legendary

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

anyway go Johnny Wrestling

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

this is just like vietnam

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

literally the first time ive seen Andrea wear different gear

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i think they just want a cool moment and maybe a headline

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the trifecta rules the world

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ronda is still really famous guys

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

you're all being worked by the perception this is simply a goodwill gesture towards Ronda to generate heat

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm trying to think of any celeb the wwe has managed to get in during the prime of their career and not the downturn of it.

Rock and Batista don't count.

Donald Trump

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

cavauros a good dude shoutout to cavauro

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

drat...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He's got a brighter future in the fed than Gumby does

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

more roman/lesnar, the best wrestlemania main event of all time, matches sounds like a great timeline to me personally

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

most of rybacks bookings are for his manager's promotion or his manager's buddy's promotion

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ryback still insists he's going to try for new japan when his shoulder is fully healed by the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

which four horsewomen