Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

GeneX posted:

I feel like Bayley being the mystery partner will probably get a better reaction than anything else on the show

Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
hashtag wear electronic nxt

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

DEAR RICHARD posted:

wasn't jeff deleted?

yes, that's why he's broken now. it's like when you delete random dlls out of your windows directory.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
can't stop thinking of this every time i hear aron rex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAbtKQyssK4&t=10s

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
So smart money bets called Survivor Series 100% last night, what has been the overall record of betting sites as the PPV started? I feel like they've been near 100% since I usually check this thread before the shows.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
so is hero back, or is this just bringing in a competitor for one or two matches and then he disappears to become either a trainer or goes back to the indies?

i was going to use mickie james and eric young as my two examples, but one of them is back and the other one may be back.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
hasn't he pretty much said that he hates working out ever and likes to eat a lot

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
given that seth rollins' titantron still has SGT SLAUGHTER and BIG SHOW VS FLOYD MONEY MAYWEATHER in it, i'm sure they just copied and pasted a list of wrestlers from their website and it included the CWC competitors.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
wasn't it spread pretty widely that they had no plans for her to leave NXT when hiring her? Felt like it was said pretty much everywhere except officially.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
so in the end, what exactly was global force wrestling?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
what visas do wrestlers get into the US with anyway?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Kvantum posted:

Also only in tag matches, IIRC. Never defeated in singles competition.

tag matches and lost to Bayley in a fatal 4 way

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Knowing past spoilers, for all we know the entire face roster could've come down and beat up Almas before losing, and it would've just been summed up as "Almas lost to some schmuck"

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Jinder demolishes Corbin based on hairline alone.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
boy i'm real excited for baron corbin, the youngest balding wwe champion in history

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
baron corbin, the first wwe champion whose belly looks like how sad my face is when i hear his entrance music

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Baron's older than Hogan was when he won his first title!

I humbly withdraw my statement.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Fentry posted:

Baron Corbin has new music for some reason

https://streamable.com/9zy2h

Just like his first theme, awesome until you see who walks out.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I guess it seems weird that the plan all along wasn't supposed to be Kalisto winning the title, because this seems like the natural thing to have done storytelling wise.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Garbage that shows up every week just makes you put up with an onslaught of garbage you don't care about.

Brock's has been incredibly lazy and nothing but Suplex City matches, but they're still better than Jinder, and they're also less frequent so it hasn't gotten as worn out as it would if it was more often.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
On Raw Talk, Cena was teasing that he might have to give in to heelish tendencies to get things done, so this might still be a fun story if he wrestles Nakamura as a heel.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
How many years running is Get Roman Over At WM going now?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
rovert was right http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/daniel-bryan-makes-huge-announcement?sf185073827=1

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Gaz-L posted:

Hmmmm, they changed their mind on Almas, and jobbed out Asuka and Shinsuke at WM.... what do these people have in common.... :thunk:

honestly given how hot the match was, and how good the match was, they're leaving money on the table by not finishing the storyline with the rematch. compared to shinsuke which just felt like bullshit

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
War Raiders vs Heavy Machinery hell yes.

(I guess that's the other reason they're not War Machine)

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
They only hate 3MB because they're the stable that has come closest to matching the shield's post breakup title count.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Styles Clash is a dumb move because most of the force is slamming the opponent's knees, while your face is driven down.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
So are betting odds no longer worth looking at anymore?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Didn't see the Big rear end shift, but it looks like the Ronda bets were wrong on the title, although I guess it'd technically be a DQ win. Those bets would be thrown out though for that wouldn't it?

e: Looks like missed on Braun too. Given the 50/50 nature and the obviousness of some of the wins, I think the smart money isn't really coming in anymore.

spongeh fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 18, 2018

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I always wondered who actually buys those algorithmic generated t-shirts and I guess I have my answer.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Someone in the thread already found the source, it was from 2015. The "random code" that the Takeovers use is always like advertising server JavaScript and wwe.com and such. Got a kick out of the person who thinks a CSS class of red-arrow means that Neville is returning though, and it's not just... a red arrow.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I'm bummed that Keith Lee can't challenge for the Cruiserweight belt.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I'm sure the surprise was "plans changed" and not "completely made up."

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I love how they sometimes have the champions give up the belt to get called up. Knowing that they're going to lose the belts because of a call up really sucks the drama out of matches.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I should be excited about this announcement considering how beloved the 24/7 hardcore belt was, but even if they try and do something similar, they won't be able to pull it off well.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

RealFoxy posted:

What should we do about the main roster feeling bloated and having no time for the undercard? Hm, yes, send a bunch of people back to your shortest show and developmental brand

I wish NXT got 2 hours of TV a week, but if it went live I'd be terrified that it might get noticed by Vince or Dunn

this, but unironically. send them back to NXT so they can live an easier lifestyle, and wrestle good matches. don't put the developmental people on TV if they're bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I hope they change his name to Ratthew Middle