Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I really hope Smackdown just keeps plowing forward with the whole "we know you're expecting Randy to turn but he's not going to because that's boring" thing for like a whole year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Vaguido posted:

I assume it's because they ruined the credibility of the title and they want to use part timers to make it a big deal.

They could've started that by not making it look like a strawberry Fruit Roll-Up.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I love that the 4 guys I most want to see from the UK tournament are getting NXT matches now. Bate, Dunne, Andrews, and Seven are all really fun to watch.

Chris James 2 posted:

I kinda expect them to come up on the post-Mania SD like I expect Nakamura on the post-Mania Raw

If they don't show up that week then lol, they're stuck in NXT till Summerslam

Don't forget that there will be a 2017 Draft. It's usually in June or July, so I'd expect them called up in the Draft if it's not the post-Mania Raw/SD.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's kind of funny though because Crews just beat Dolph on his own and now at the PPV Dolph will beat two guys. WWE logic.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

It's really a no-win situation for everyone involved. If Kalisto/Crews win, who cares, it's just Dolph and they had the 2-1 advantage. If Dolph wins, the other guys are even bigger geeks for losing with a 2-1 advantage.
The only good way out of this is to have a debut or some other heel come out to help Dolph to make it even, and then Dolph still loses because he's a bitchboy.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The really dumb thing about that injury is that Oksana landed just fine, and then suddenly dropped her knee into Naomi's eye for no reason. God, she was terrible.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like the sliding out function of the new doors, but otherwise it just looks like they took Hell in a Cell and put phone booths in it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Eh, I liked the circular design, and the grid outside the ring was cooler than the new padded areas. It made it look unique.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, I like the new door design a lot. The circular design I was referring to was the cage itself.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Beth Phoenix folded Melina in half and made her kick herself in the head so that earns a HOF entry to me.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

achillesforever6 posted:

Anger Corey who thought he was done with calling Drifter matches

Corey really vocally hating The Drifter is literally the only thing I like about The Drifter, so I'm OK with him going to Raw.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The one thing I really hope doesn't happen is Orton bringing the stupid Universal title to Smackdown and then WWE finding some way to shift the WWE title to Raw.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, I've mostly turned the corner on Corbin, mainly due to his Talking Smack stuff. I still wish they'd find a way to get characters over on their actual TV shows instead of a half-kayfabe talk panel aftershow, but it's still done wonders for a few people.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I could see them making her NXT's end boss. Like regardless of whether or not she's champion, anyone who wants to make it out of there has to beat her first.

Really she's still in the undefeated phase anyway - you can't have a dominant character forever, so it'll be interesting to see what happens when she starts losing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sanguinia posted:

That being said, his credibility has been shattered so many times now than even with the good booking and worthwhile storytelling he's gotten to be part of on Smackdown his ceiling is probably permanently damaged. Having Orton beat him might be the right call given how the crowd has been reacting. And I hate to say that because I love Bray.

I don't think anyone is beyond redemption, they just have to book him strongly and credibly on a long-term basis. But since this company only pushes new people long-term by accident, they won't do that. He only has a ceiling because the company gives him one.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Spermgod posted:

MAKE BRAY LOOK STRONG is one of the weirder preoccupations of this forum imo

It's really no different than how we treat any other internet favorite, like how a lot of us want Cesaro to be pushed better too. Wyatt's just in a unique position where he's got actual depth to his character and he's on the cusp of being a long-term main event fixture if they use him better. We don't say that same kind of stuff about Owens or Styles as much because they've mostly already reached that point.

I figure Bray will end up more in a Kane position than a Taker one though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

dromal phrenia posted:

If they want him to be another midcard chump, just make him a... Rob Zombie Enthusiast or something and cut it out with the 20 minute promos about souls and demons and buzzards and dead ladies.

Well they did give him dreads and a crust punk jacket, so you're not that far off.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Luigi Thirty posted:

So did WWE and look what happened

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

KungFu Grip posted:

lmao his theme is literally buttrock bagpipes

So, Korn?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

KENTA owns and I hope to see at least one strong NXT run from him, but his body just seems to be totally broken down these days. Even Nakamura managed to make it to the main roster unscathed, while Hideo Itami kinda feels like a forgotten man.

To be fair his most recent injury was due to his opponent's botch.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MotU posted:

he has had more character than others

1) chains are off
2) ready to ride
2.5) yee

Bring back yee.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wonder if Montez & Dawkins did that shoulder gyrating thing again. That ruled.

Benne posted:

Sonya Deville over Lacey Evans. Both women are renamed, Evans used to be Macey Estrella and Deville was Daria Berenato.
Ehh I guess that's an alright name for Daria, but it's weird to suddenly rename someone who was already featured fairly prominently. Still, Daria owns and I'm glad she's back on TV. Pushed right she has legit cred that could make her believable to beat Asuka.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MotU posted:

roman isnt booking himself what do you want him to do, say sorry vince i should be midcard i quit. freakin lol, idiot

It IS his fault that he sucks though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
She'll be in The Marine 6: This Time We Have A Marine

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope Dunne goes over. Bate's had a fun run but Dunne's heel charisma is fantastic.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Big hero Roman returns to kick a man directly in his injury. Be a star, Roman.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Occasionally on a live Raw there'll be something cool but any international Raw they just don't bother.
Except when piping in cheers for Roman. That's extra effort.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

RealFoxy posted:

The great thing about the tournament is that it will finally give some legitimate competition to Asuka, her title run has been fine but it's almost entirely a lack of legitimate opponents over her just being a dominant type

That's more of a problem with them not building contenders credibly. Or even booking one of those 3 or 4-way matches to have one challenger pin another without her involved.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

Cena/Orton sounds more like the SD Mania main event

This is clearly what the fans want again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope Maria ditches her old pop-punk theme. Starting up whatever SDvRaw game opened with that on the menu every time was painful.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Roman did say tonight that he retired Taker though.

Also that Mania sendoff was perfect, don't loving ruin it Taker.

But you see, he retired the Undertaker, but he didn't retire the American Badass. Let me tell you a story about being stuck in the desert with a motorcycle...

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Getting big "Wrestling Superstar Virgil" vibes from this

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If only Kaz had some sort of veteran friend who had history with TNA and a reason to hate the Elite. Can't think of anyone who fits that description though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm glad they pulled it off this way. They teased the Rockers breakup spot on Britt's Waiting Room and Joey was even wearing the black leather jacket, but then they swerved by holding off the turn until later.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pac is the guy I can see beating Miro for the TNT if they don't announce trios belts soon.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Rhino's always been cooler as an angry force of nature than some stable's enforcer.

He is Strong Mad.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Regardless of what he's actually like, my mental picture of Manny Lemons is a guy who carries containers overflowing with lemons and his catchphrase is "Oh no! Too manny lemons!"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm curious if they'll add a Malakai Black match to the card. I presume he'll run through Big Shotty on Dynamite or Rampage next week, and then gets Dustin at the PPV to close out the feud. Otherwise maybe he attacks someone after their match to start a new feud?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Tampa Bae posted:

Have you ever gone to a sport that isn't wrestling? People are going to do that regardless but if it's a good show people usually stay unless they need to piss

Just have more people selling merch, snacks, and beer to the crowd in wrestling so you only need to get up to use the bathroom

Note to self: Invent crowd-vendor personal urinals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That pleases me greatly.