Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Chris James 2 posted:

What about Joe?

He's fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

So are they actually going to try and push Strowman in singles?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Well, they just signed Shelton Benjamin...

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

spongeh posted:

hasn't he pretty much said that he hates working out ever and likes to eat a lot

Yeah, and so did the Bossman.

Don't diss the hosses.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Mob posted:

The masses love when a big man can move. Remember when Sportscenter used to show highlights, a big fat lineman scooping up a fumble and running for a touchdown always made the top 10

Vader and the Bossman. Not to mention the nicest guy of his day, Earthquake. Fat guys who can go are awesome.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Sanguinia posted:

Midcarders? You know that Ambrose was #2 in the Rumble and wrestled Triple H for the title just before that match, and main evented multiple PPVs and many months of TV before he fought Brock right? Or were Rollins and Reigns also midcarders when they fought Brock?

The 70,0000 record breaking live audience of Wrestlemania 32 were behind Ambrose to win that match regardless of whatever percentage of the worldwide audience likes him and regardless of your opinion of his wrestling talents. Brock killing him and making him look like a jobber in a really lazy match where he took almost no punishment despite a street fight stip instead of at least making Dean look strong in a compelling close-fought match like he gave to Roman was a very clear flashpoint in the audience losing steam for Brock, and denying that is just denying the reality of smaller and smaller crowd reactions every time Brock has reappeared since then.

The Orton Match had plenty of heat because Randy had heat off a return from a long absence and all the RKO pop exploitation in the build. The match died because Brock wrestled a less quality and less interesting match compared to his past efforts when they expected him to step up against an opponent like Orton who is traditionally protected and allowed to look strong, just like he had to step up in the Cena rematch after the first squash.

There's a clear distinction between someone wrestling a style that allows for squash matches and someone wrestling lazy. Brock has been wrestling lazy for the last year, and its really easy to see because he wasn't wrestling lazy before that.

Dean-o, for all that I really enjoy him, is absolutely booked and treated as a midcarder.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Venomous posted:

Bray pinned John Cena and AJ Styles clean in the past couple of months. He has all the momentum behind him as champion, and he's actually been booked strongly up to this point. If they wanted a good, young main event heel to keep Smackdown going, it would be an incredibly good idea to have Bray retain against Randy at Wrestlemania.

That would mean showing some confidence in one of the only young main eventers they have that came up through the WWE system and isn't an indy darling.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Bray was very unique when he came up and after the novelty wore off, his reactions did. His promos were samey, long and dull and his matches were rarely good. This isn't all his fault, but the guy was death on the microphone for a long time.

Ask yourself honestly how much of 'his promos are poo poo' is you filtering them through the lens of knowing that he won't back up any of the poo poo he's talking because he's ultimately just there to job.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

FAROOQ posted:

TELL ME ABOUT THIS RUMOUR THAT TAKER/REIGNS IS ON LAST

Taker's almost always on last at outdoor shows. His entrance sucks if it's still light out.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Zayn to SmackDown? Hey, that might actually be a decent thing. God knows Raw's got nothing for him in the writing department.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's awful, it sucks, and it needs to stop. It''s been like this for over 3 years and it's all because of Roman. People need to realize this, accept it, and stop justifying it. It's the worst thing in WWE and has been for years and yes I'm including Roman.

I can't help but love the end of tonight, where Reigns is lying on the mat enjoying the laziest blade job as the announcers try to sell the 'murdered face' silence... and the crowd chants THANK YOU STROWMAN.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

like Dave said, it's not like there's a Daniel Bryan in the roster getting massive reactions and not getting pushed. Both Seth and Finn clearly are getting pushed but they aren't setting the crowd on fire. Ditto Joe and Sami.

Dave had a funny comment about the last PPV, where the fan reactions leaving the arena were pretty much evenly split between "Holy poo poo that Bray/Orton match sucked" and "holy poo poo that Roman/Braun match was awesome"

Why the gently caress would anyone get excited for Sami Zayn in 2017?

I love his work to death, and think he's great at the job, but his booking has been so consistently hosed that cheering for him is pointless because he's just going to lose. He only gets beat up so they can make a heel look good by kicking his rear end, and that stops being effective when it becomes clear the face is a jobber.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

Also after years of Jeff Hardy ducking UK tours in TNA he just shows up like nothing's wrong in the WWE

WWE probably paid him a wheelbarrow full of ducats to do it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE fans genuinely think Ronda didn't just bomb out of the UFC in the most visible way possible and that her stock is still high

It's this. Most WWE fans don't really grasp just how embarrassingly bad Ronda's last fight was, thanks to the Olympic level judoka listening to her retarded boyfriend and trying to out box an opponent and not grapple.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Exactly. Of course, they're balls deep on Brock despite him being done in the UFC as well after this last failed drug test, so it follows.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jul 15, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

MotU posted:

im fine w/ shayna winning to get ronda AS LONG AS it gets us rusev beating up travis browne somehow

Rusev making Travis Browne tap would be worth it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Venomous posted:

Honestly, if I were Bayley right now, I'd be petitioning hard to Vince to let her go back down to NXT where she was well written and not used badly. Same with Finn.

I'm pretty sure Finn at this point just takes his paychecks and pretends he's someone's admin assistant when the other wrestlers get recognized outside of the show.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Aug 1, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

bradzilla posted:

It's so cute when people think that the wrestlers care about how they're booked first, and their paycheck second.

Just a thought, but consistent terrible booking hurts a performer's future career prospects in an industry where contract negotiations and revenue from merch sales are based on popularity.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

All 8 of them, and then she's coming for Arn Anderson.

I would mark like hell to see someone on the women's roster practice up until they could do an Arn level spinebuster.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Asuka will put Sasha over.

Sasha will blow out her knee again two minutes into the match, leaving Asuka to carry and put her over, only to vacate the title the next night,. Asuka will be blamed for the injury.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

It involves Bray Wyatt. It's going to be

Remember when it looked like the Orton feud was actually going really surprisingly well, And it was coming off big wins over Cena and Styles, AND everyone was psyched for the Mania match

And then there were worm designs on the ring that even the crowd were bored by. And then he got pinned with one RKO anyway. And then it was all followed up by the House of Horrors, still today a strong contender for both Worst Match and Worst Segment of the Year (not for lack of competition)

I don't know what it is about Bray, but everything WWE tries to do with him they can't help but gently caress up in incredible ways. Sometimes it's just easier to spot in advance

The worst part is that I feel genuinely bad for Bray. He's trying hard, and is game for trying to spin something out of whatever poo poo they hand him, but the booking is just so bad.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Also free bad poster Rovert, who did nothing wrong this time

Dude's been told to shut the gently caress up if he's going to play coy in the spoilers thread. Jerusalem's a lot nicer than I would be about it.

sportsgenius86 posted:

it's Ronda Rousey, Shayna Baszler, Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir.

Watch, we're going to get two MMA people in main events at WM over giving someone on the roster who works full time anything remotely resembling a rub. Maybe when Rhonda beats Asuka clean and Brock puts over Roman in a zero-effort squash it'll finally be enough to get full-on booed out of the arena at Mania rather than just at the RAW after.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 27, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Senerio posted:

He would absolutely forget that caveat the moment he steps in the ring.

This is Bryan. He'd enter the ring via climbing the turnbuckle from the outside and flying headbutting someone if he thought he could get away with it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Senerio posted:

Fixed for accuracy.

Very true.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

So, is it getting to be more of a sure thing that Daniel Bryan is returning in the Rumble tomorrow?

Well, I put 50 bucks on it in the toxx thread, and I won't be sorry to give it away.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Benne posted:

The closer we get to showtime the more terrified I am that Dolph's gonna win

Can we pay Heath to take one for the team and break his knee all Tonya Harding style?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Oh come on, we all knew she was in the match as soon as they said she was on the announce team, right?

So, as a spoiler, did anyone else happen to notice that Steph is pretty okay as an announce team member?

Likely because she doesn't have anyone yelling in her ear, but she was giving pretty okay color commentary and keeping her mouth shut for the most part.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

bradzilla posted:

Other than constantly repeating what Cole said, she was white noise.

White noise is a step up from the norm for WWE commentary on a womens' match.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Or have Sami AND KO show up and Sami goes "See? Told you he was a different guy!"

Kevin: "Yeah, but why's he here? I killed that sonofabitch and left him in a ditch in Mexico."

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Billzasilver posted:

Eh, if it happens it happens.

If he dies, he dies.

Edit: Beaten like Cena.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yeah, it's a sweet gig for Hero. Less travel, mentoring, and no pressure to cut weight and get into the wwe look that makes him miserable and hurts his in ring work.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

mkay0 posted:

Dolph vs Shane? Wow

If we're really lucky, they can both hard enough to end both their careers in the ring.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I actually wouldn't mind this either.

This would be good.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean Jinder more than Randy but it applies to both given Randy is clearly in zero effort mode

That's the killer. Orton can be good. He just gives no fucks, which is hilarious in a dude who's 37.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

In the first episode Nakamura caught Sasha when she went for a dive on him, then gently placed her on the apron. That’s the most they’ve allowed.

I think they should have Charlotte/Roode beat Asuka/Miz to have Charlotte get that win on Asuka going into Wrestlemania, but they’re not blowing the streak on a Facebook event. Streaks suuuuck.

They did the 'other woman knocks Alexa off the apron' spot last week too, but given that she is a tiny human being and landed on Braun, I don't think that counts as violence.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

I don't get people thinking he shouldn't wrestle anymore when at this point he probably has the healthiest brain on the roster.

If he's healthy, more power to him, although I hope he takes this opportunity to cut some of the more concussion-prone stuff like the diving headbutt out of his style just to be safe.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

From everything we know about Danielson he’s crazy enough to put his foot down about it but idk if I’d trust talk abt NJPW waiting in the wings to make him the ace of a US expansion, or whatever. Hard to differentiate it from fantasy booking.

Otoh WWE brass has been driven to weird lengths by perceived competition, real or imagined, before. So who knows.

I get the impression that he's savvy enough to lean into those rumors a leverage to get a better deal with WWE, where he's cool with staying.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

oldskool posted:

Shane's starting the tag match, they spend the whole match with Shane getting his rear end kicked, building to the most nuclear hot tag you've ever heard.....and Bryan jumps off the apron and turns on Shane.

So Sami and KO turn face, is what you're saying?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

300 pounds is my acceptable lower limit for truly fat. Those shrimps don’t come close.

DO NOT DISRESPECT FAT CHRIS HERO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Rocky's got half a dozen movies in preproduction right now, no way in hell his insurance lets him risk being hurt for weeks again just to get a cheap pop for Vince.