Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asuka should never lose the NXT Women's Title, she should vacate it when she gets called up to the main roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jericho winning seems weird unless it's by countout or DQ

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I always mix it up. So Jericho, Bray, and BRAUN are all heavy favorites? :stare:

Also Owens is staying on SD whether he's champion or not. They've outright said as such.

Have they? Everything I've heard when watching seemed to say that the champion will be on SD and the non-champion goes to RAW

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The_Rob posted:

Hasn't attendance and ratings been going down pretty consistently too? I mean sure it may not look bad initially because they have their hands in other pots but eventually people are going to get annoyed and go elsewhere.

I seem to recall at one point before the brand split they were doing two house show circuits (which is normal) and the one headlined by Reigns was practically getting lapped by the one headlined by Dean and it was hilarious. It only got worse when the split happened, I think. Wasn't there a RAW PPV that didn't even come close to selling out while the SmackDown PPV later that month had already done so?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Evil Badman posted:

You're a work/angle. Is she still going to be out of the match?

I'm not a scoopsman but even I can tell you they're obviously setting up a rematch at Brooklyn.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chris James 2 posted:

Sonjay Dutt won the X division title at today's Mumbai TNA taping

Unhindered

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mkay0 posted:

Corbin is the likely winner, and it's only 5/6.

"Only?" You don't even double your money on a win.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Junpei Hyde posted:

He would actually be good

To be fair, both your and his statement can be true.

Dolph is really the only Bad End here

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The plan for Braun is probably Lesnar

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wonder if they'll give her new music or if she and Alicia Fooooooooooooooooooox will have to share

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dromal phrenia posted:

why isn't it live? wtf

the cwc wasn't live either why would this be

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

LMAO if they sign Taya and not John Morrison

Who's Taya

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Giant Murderbaby posted:

The title has just been vacated. There is a big women's tournament tournament happening in the same time frame. It makes immediate sense to have that tournament be for the title. The "burying" is another instance of frustrated marks hiding behind smarky terms to make their fanboyism sound like analysis.

EDIT: in any instance I hope they don't use a battle royal. It's such a random and messy a match to determine a champ.

I'm an unapologetic mark for Peyton because she was hilarious and very entertaining in a match at the NXT house show we got last year. I'd love to see her get a short reign.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kinetic77 posted:

Not sure if it aired yet, apologies if so

It hasn't, you dick

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I thought I was in the discussion thread

:doh:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

if they really want to boost ticket sales they should maybe not charge $75 (after fees) for upper deck in the corners. Those prices made sense when the PPVs were $50-60 but now they're $10 or free.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think Ryder would do fine on the indies

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

I personally don't care that much about Alexa as champ because she's booked to have no worthwhile foils/challenges. The main story there seems to be that Nia Jax is kind of desperately gullible to still be her lackey waiting for a title shot where Alexa will almost assuredly manipulate someone into aiding her into getting an advantage and then beating Jax. Except I guess she's gone now because of the booking?

On a very basic level I consider Jinder's title to be (a) attainable, (b) coveted, and (c) something Jinder actually fights for. Its a bad run and a bad champion but it does sorta feel like a championship run to me.

The way it feels to me Alexa's isn't attainable, Miz's isn't coveted, and Brock's isn't present and he doesn't have to do anything to keep it.

Nia is gone because she landed on her neck when she got powerbombed on the floor in the 5-way

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

HerraS posted:

Kalisto is getting booked into an injury angle and return with the gay hairdresser gimmick teaming up with a returning Neville who will be repackaged with that Mighty Mouse gimmick

he debuted on the main roster with a mighty mouse gimmick :ssh:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I always knew AJ was the best

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I can't wait for the glorious return of Santina

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LeninsTomb posted:

I'm hoping TUE keep outnumbering Black and Dream makes the save

Reading the spoilers, this is what I assumed as well.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Basic Chunnel posted:

I just hope that if it happens it happens before a different crowd. I don’t even trust Full Sail to mark out properly anymore, and that would be a moment for posterity.

I guess they're taping in Atlanta for a while now so maybe they're setting up a tag title match announcement for takeover at those tapings?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CopywrightMMXI posted:

What are the chances of any of the following showing up for the women’s rumble:

Melina
Kelly Kelly
ivory
Jacqueline
Kaitlyn
Alundra Blayze
Molly Holly
Victoria
Lita
Trish

I'm very upset that you didn't include Beth Phoenix in this list.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This isn't the gdt

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Daniel Bryan's odds to win the Rumble went from 66/1 to 10/1 overnight

👀

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah Rock hurt his shoulder in a match a few years ago that caused a production delay and his insurance doesn't allow it now.

So he would have to be on a break from filming anything, and that hasn't been the case for 10 years.

I thought he tore a groin muscle?

tao of lmao posted:

She could have been a lot worse. She seemed to genuinely laugh at a couple of Corey’s jokes too which made her come across as kinda normal. Weird, I know.

Not that it's really that different from normal but Corey was on fire last night. He's the one announcer WWE has that will actively increase my enjoyment of the product.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

cheese sandwich posted:

Commercials have IC champ Reigns defending against Miz in house shows end of march? Jfc

Card subject to change.

Those were probably made before last week's title change.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

Sasha's neck is sending feelers out to IMPACT and New Japan.

Pretty sure Sasha's neck isn't sending feelers to anything right now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gaz-L posted:

Which, obviously, Sasha will do, and land on her head.

She'll probably do that double knee spot off of it and explode either someone's head or her knees

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

try the new taco place posted:

I betcha Elias ends up alone in the chamber long enough to sing a song.

Or even better- he does one from his pod after a double pin?!

Or even betterer: he just sings during the match from his pod

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Braun rips off the padding everyone bitched about last year and it’s the old EC underneath. It’s a very big pop but then everyone dies.

The big pop is actually Jason Jordan's neck, which leads to his death

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cena/Nakamura was good the first time when they didn't get much time, I'm good with a part 2.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I guess I'm finishing persona tonight then

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SamuraiFoochs posted:

NOT ANOTHER loving YEAR LONG SETUP. THOSE ARE NEVER GOOD.

Sigh.

foochs look at his post history in the thread and back away from the ledge

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

"You did this" is still my favorite part of the whole thing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

There hasn't been anything like that, that I can recall

I think I remember tongue-in-cheek complaining about a female competitor breaking up a pin to stop her team from losing because intergender violence is supposed to be disallowed

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

VJeff posted:

Uh,don't they end this year?

September 2019

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

VJeff posted:

I coulda swore they re-upped for four years in 2014. Huh.

Possible they did, but they may have added four years to a contract that ended in 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rovert I hope you get through your situation OK, thank you as always for your scoops.

This is a pretty cool scoop too