Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Healthy Nut Snack
Mar 23, 2016
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/pokemon-go-death-guatemala-shot-danger-safety-dead-a7145836.html

quote:

A teenager has been killed in what could be the first death of someone playing Pokemon Go.

Jerson Lopez de Leon, who was 18, was ambushed and died after being shot while he was playing the game with cousin Daniel Moises Picen, 17.

It still isn’t clear why the two were attacked, police said. But they have speculated that it may have been that the attackers found the teenagers using the app itself – which has location features that make it possible to encourage people to go to specific areas, or to locate players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Someone walked into a river on day one and drowned you idiot

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
R.I.P. Jerson

Healthy Nut Snack
Mar 23, 2016
If someone walked into a river and died I don't think it really counts. If that's what took them out they were already living on borrowed time. This instance actually illustrates the app's potential as a tool someone can use to murder children.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Business Gorillas posted:

Someone walked into a river on day one and drowned you idiot
I don't think that's what happened.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Pf Guatemala.

That bullet was going to kill someone whether they were playing Pokemon or not.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Healthy Nut Snack posted:

If someone walked into a river and died I don't think it really counts. If that's what took them out they were already living on borrowed time. This instance actually illustrates the app's potential as a tool someone can use to murder children.

Some one drowning from stupidly playing the game is way more "Pokémon go death" than being ambushed by some criminals while you happened to be playing.

That said if they are on the game to hunt people you could probably quickly identify who it was

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
BREAK YOSELF FOOL

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Those kids were going to die in that 3rd world country whether Pokemon go was on their app or not.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Moridin920 posted:

Pf Guatemala.

That bullet was going to kill someone whether they were playing Pokemon or not.

Yeah no kidding.. I'm not 100% sure that the game is officially out in Guatemala either which means he may have pirated the app, been super amped to play it, then shot lol

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Fishy Joe posted:

BREAK YOSELF FOOL

I want to see if a Glock will fire if it's filled with hardened semen.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'm gonna use Pokémon GO to "lure" my victims :bigtran:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
seems like pokemon go has made it a lot easier for creepy people to walk around filming other people

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

He just fainted officer jeez

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
can't wait for the upcoming release of "frogger GO"

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hmm.. 2 extremely Hispanic teenagers, 1 shoots the other, the city and location?? Anonymous

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Looks like he found Hitmanlee

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

heaven caught an angel 2day

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Looks like he found Hitmanlee

ha

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I find this story very farfetch'd

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

a hole-y ghost posted:

Hmm.. 2 extremely Hispanic teenagers, 1 shoots the other, the city and location?? Anonymous

Its guatamala city guatamala. Its probably a great place to go if you want to get murdered

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and by probably I mean its one of the murder capitals of South America

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

JakeP posted:

and by probably I mean its one of the murder capitals of South America
it's cool, i'll just use lowercase

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Captain Yossarian posted:

Yeah no kidding.. I'm not 100% sure that the game is officially out in Guatemala either which means he may have pirated the app, been super amped to play it, then shot lol

u wouldnt steal a car crime doesn't pay IDIOT

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

furthermore

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Strategic Tea posted:

u wouldnt steal a car crime doesn't pay IDIOT
What if I would steal a car but not a videogame?? ever think of that owned by logic

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I thought a couple idiots walked off a cliff in Encinitas the other day

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

if someone dressed up as Team Rocket and went out to go rob people of their phones that would be peak 2016 imo

Slightly Absurd posted:

I thought a couple idiots walked off a cliff in Encinitas the other day

yeah they were okay though, one tumbled like 40-50 feet and the other went 80 but seems like they were in a spot where the bluffs aren't sheer (musta gotten hella lucky because 'walk off the cliffs in Encinitas' usually means death for sure)

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
they probably told a gang member that he had a pikachu on their head and then lol'd about it. gang members hate that poo poo.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
just for non-locals, here's what the bluffs in Encinitas are like for the most part - there's definitely areas where they aren't as sheer and they are more sloping (which is prolly where those dudes fell):

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
LOL if you aren't forcing your children to carry a book around for entertainment with a dumbfuck phone that does jackshit

Who are the dumbshit parents paying for these goddamn cell phones

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I'd rather be dead in America than alive in Guatemala.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
its almost like America is amusing itself to death...whether its pokemon, netflix, donald trump, or opiates - all common symptoms of the same disease

at this stage u could prob convince most phone zombies to walk into a burning building if u told them charizard was in there

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 21, 2016

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
pokemon go

TO HELL

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Mariana Horchata posted:

its almost like America is amusing itself to death...whether its pokemon, netflix, donald trump, or opiates - all common symptoms of the same disease

at this stage u could prob convince most phone zombies to walk into a burning building if u told them charizard was in there

i dont think guatamala is in america and i dont think pokemon is american

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
People are out there trying to catch all the pokemons, and I'm just here trying to catch all the STDs, shaking my goddamn head, what's wrong with our youth

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

reallivedinosaur posted:

i dont think guatamala is in america and i dont think pokemon is american

its south america :shrug:

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
A Pokémon jumped out and scared me to death. These jump scare games need a warning.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

JakeP posted:

its south america :shrug:

the americans in the south are all racist bigots eating greasy fat hamburgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabf
May 29, 2015
Pokemon GO to hell

E: f;b