Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

FoxStrats posted:

I never said it wasn't genetic lol, and I've been insistent that training curbs the effects of an innate prey drive, not the prey drive itself. How is it that everyone could understand that concept besides you?

You know, you do know a lot about dogs. I'll grant you that.

But other than that, you are by far the dumbest motherfucker I've ever read and - to be perfectly candid - probably more dim than anyone I've ever met, which, frankly, shouldn't surprise me seeing as your greatest confidant and intellectual equal is a guard dog.

You've actually gotten me in stitches.

By the by, is that why you have the Boston Terrier avatar? Because, even though people don't regard your intelligence highly by human standards, you're still considered pretty bright when compared to other dogs? I mean, hey, Roundheads ALMOST break top 50. That's certainly worth bragging about.

im quoting this because i dont know what it means

like i see what its TRYING to mean

but im quoting it for future shames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Zwiebel
Apr 25, 2009

Worry Not,
Wonder Not.
Grimey Drawer

FoxStrats posted:

I never said it wasn't genetic lol, and I've been insistent that training curbs the effects of an innate prey drive, not the prey drive itself. How is it that everyone could understand that concept besides you?

But other than that, you are by far the dumbest motherfucker I've ever read and - to be perfectly candid - probably more dim than anyone I've ever met, which, frankly, shouldn't surprise me seeing as your greatest confidant and intellectual equal is a guard dog.

By the by, is that why you have the Boston Terrier avatar? Because, even though people don't regard your intelligence highly by human standards, you're still considered pretty bright when compared to other dogs? I mean, hey, Roundheads ALMOST break top 50. That's certainly worth bragging about.

You did not just

You did wha

In stitches

Have you in stitches

you magnificent ninja, how your puppets dance

Every step you take, every move you make every smile you fake we'll be watching you

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Herr Zwiebel posted:

You did not just

You did wha

In stitches

Have you in stitches

you magnificent ninja, how your puppets dance

Every step you take, every move you make every smile you fake we'll be watching you

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

FoxStrats posted:

I just kept seeing this when I read that.

Chido fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jul 26, 2016

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

FoxStrats posted:

I usually just lurk but I need to quote this for posterity because mmm. *kisses fingers like a chef*

Sick burns brah

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

GUYS I SAW THIS VIDEO ONLY ONCE AND MY NEIGHBOR HAS A BIG WHITE FLUFFY DOG, AM I AN EXPERT IN LGDs NOW?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UunkNihNpDE

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

I've seen this video 5 times, do I have a PhD in sheepdogging now? I mean i totally know what sheep look like now! BTW I've never been to a farm, that's like a suburban house with a bigger yard, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCZWRhvwZjE

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
holy poo poo this idiot thinks super knows even one single thing about g u a r d d o g s because she has gamebred shitbulls

aaaahaahhahahaha

buddy its poo poo like this that makes people assume youre an ignorant as gently caress pet dog owner

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007
dude you should probably look up what game bred means

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Ausrotten posted:

holy poo poo this idiot thinks super knows even one single thing about g u a r d d o g s because she has gamebred shitbulls

aaaahaahhahahaha

buddy its poo poo like this that makes people assume youre an ignorant as gently caress pet dog owner

You assume FoxStrats has any idea of how gamebred pitbulls actually are like... his frame of reference is probably the regular suburban rescue pit.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Hey dont start shittalking suburban/rural rescue pits. They are like loveable and poo poo. I just dont want someone making a murderdog more murdery is all.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SneakyFrog posted:

Hey dont start shittalking suburban/rural rescue pits. They are like loveable and poo poo. I just dont want someone making a murderdog more murdery is all.

I regularly feed Amy the blood of my enemies to make my murderdog more murdery.

(she's not even a murderdog she's just bred a certain way which I am not going to talk about here :) )

Hey Fox I'm glad you've got an Alangu and not some loving english. They're about as "hot" as any turkish (or that area) dog and by that I mean "if you went back in time to the early 1800's and looked at most of the mastiff breeds in europe, it'd have been pretty standard". You're still not dealing with insanely high prey drive though, just an energetic animal with a lot of weight behind it. You basically have an amped up (by one or two ticks) US-bred bull mastiff, dude. Ultimately, my sheltie cross has more prey drive than your dog does and I kept her from going hog wild until we moved out into areas where it didn't matter if she and her dog life partner caught a squirrel and ripped it in half in the space of a breath because that idiot squirrel was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

PartyCrown posted:

dude you should probably look up what game bred means

There's actually a couple of lines of alangus that I've been told of that were bred in for dog aggression and used in fighting, so he might have some flickering idea. Maybe. It's nowhere near like the pit fighting scene that Super's educated about in that these dogs were never that deep into it nor was the culture really the same- though truth be told I only have a very weak understanding of it myself, as alangus aren't particularly populous over here in the US and I don't have a lot of leaning that way. The only turkish-area breed I'm really into is the anatolian (and it's many cousin-named same-breed buddies). That doesn't mean I'm blind about dogs over there, it just means I'm not going to get eyeballs deep in them because meh.

SneakyFrog posted:

they're only pits in name and not in soul.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

they're only pits in name and not in soul.

eh hopefully :unsmith: My "neighborhood" is always trying to form an HOA to restrict dangerous breeds

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Today I learned we are our avatars.

I'm a cat.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Ausrotten posted:

aaaahaahhahahaha

I think it's more about me not knowing what Super does when not piddling around on SA. forgot she dealt in gamebred.

But seeing as she's a bitch, it makes sense that you think it speaks to my knowledge of pets :flame:

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

FoxStrats posted:

I think it's more about me not knowing what Super does when not piddling around on SA. forgot she dealt in gamebred.

But seeing as she's a bitch, it makes sense that you think it speaks to my knowledge of pets :flame:

This plus the emoticon reek of fedora. :3:

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007
being right doesnt make someone a bitch

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Foxstats' posts make more sense if you read them in the voice of somebody trying to sound like the first old spice man, but failing.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

PartyCrown posted:

being right doesnt make someone a bitch

But being right and KNOWING it, there's where we crossed the line!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FoxStrats posted:

I've seen people be as dumb and wrong as you before, but rarely are they this self confident and unlikeable.

Here just gonna replace the name here for you:

"Foxstrats is fascinating–the same way that it’s fascinating to watch a zoo gorilla make mounds out of its own feces. The gorilla is a noble, intelligent animal that will demean itself in captivity. Foxstrats is a less noble animal of roughly the same intelligence, whose cage is the English language. It's an amazing thing to behold."

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007
foxstrats, are you actually reading any of the citations in any of the effortposts people are making at you, or, are you having microsoft sam read them to you so you can devote both hands to cheeto consumption?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Heavy Petting > My new dog likes to kill thin... HEY gently caress YOU BUDDY

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hey thread we're not gonna make a dent in any of these heads so I'm listning to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMTNGrosw9o apparently what're you guys listneing to

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
my coworkers whining Remix feat: AnnoyingGuy

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

FoxStrats posted:

"not knowing i dealt in gamebred" is still hillarious because you still called pit bulls in general "guard dogs" you literal talking bottle of code red Mtn. dew

I have seen a lot of stupid poo poo in all my years on these dead gay forums but someone fedora posting about dogs is brand new

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

SneakyFrog posted:

eh hopefully :unsmith: My "neighborhood" is always trying to form an HOA to restrict dangerous breeds

yeah unless your pit bull literally came from a game breeder it's pretty much a Labrador with a murder switch that can flip at any random rear end time sorry duder

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Superconsndar posted:

yeah unless your pit bull literally came from a game breeder it's pretty much a Labrador with a murder switch that can flip at any random rear end time sorry duder

ah well in that case then 2 should be even more exciting, :rip: me.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

SneakyFrog posted:

ah well in that case then 2 should be even more exciting, :rip: me.

Just don't ever leave them alone together and don't be surprised if they eventually stop tolerating each other and be prepared to crate and rotate.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Crate and rotate seems bad for my back can i perhaps put one crate at a time on a large turntable so all the other dogs and cats can just point and laugh?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

i still just

foxfarts posted:

i almost kind of want to change my custom title text to this but I keep alternating between absurd laughter and the overwhelming urge to give foxfarts a wedgie and take his lunch money, i'm conflicted

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

I'm the rapey niceguy vitriolic use of the word bitch as a reaction to a woman telling you you're wrong about dogs lmao

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK
im the paper thin veil of pseudo intellectual smugness thrown over a stunningly deep well of ignorance and stupidity

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I thought we were all our avatars? Not to be all cavalier or anything sardonic or disparaging...

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ausrotten posted:

im the paper thin veil of pseudo intellectual smugness thrown over a stunningly deep well of ignorance and stupidity

You fuckin fool, you're gonna get emoted right off this planet if you keep it up

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

why wont fox farts come back

i want to learn about dogs

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
got dominated, respects u too much now

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

foxfarts pls

i want to put u in stitches again with my ignorance

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Superconsndar posted:

foxfarts pls

i want to put u in stitches again with my ignorance

Maybe if you change your av to a border collie he'll decide that you're his intellectual equal worthy of conversation.

E: Also, not that I'm a dog owner, but since I want to at least make sure I'm getting things straight, with (high-prey-drive?) 'driven' dogs, that behavior is something that can be controlled to an extent with patient training, but you always have to be mindful that your dog didn't magically lose that drive, they're just not immediately acting on it. So you still need to be aware of what your dog is doing at more or less all times, and take other measures to avoid disaster. Is that about it?

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 27, 2016

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

The Lord of Hats posted:

E: Also, not that I'm a dog owner, but since I want to at least make sure I'm getting things straight, with (high-prey-drive?) 'driven' dogs, that behavior is something that can be controlled to an extent with patient training, but you always have to be mindful that your dog didn't magically lose that drive, they're just not immediately acting on it. So you still need to be aware of what your dog is doing at more or less all times, and take other measures to avoid disaster. Is that about it?

pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
My dog avatar went to space it is very smart please come back

• Locked thread