Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

'Quid no se' is a complete sentence in spanish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ok, I thought of something that might work but it needs more than 3 people.

You start with 5 people.

One player (not necessarily a competitor) is scum and gets a night kill.

There's no time limit, so you can't no-lynch, and D2 starts whenever scum submits their night kill.

D2 is LYLO also with no time-limit.

Depending on the set up, both 'competitors' can lose, they can both win, or one can lose and one can win.

Sometimes the best answer is 'you both suck'.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

Let's say it doesn't work before trying it once so we can see what Quid means :rolleyes:

Ok I'll battle you in your normal version Quid, gimme a role MCS and make JakeP or someone town.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

JakeP posted:

Conceptually it doesn't make sense if you pose it as a mafia game. There is no difference between town and scum, they are just different alignments. You could call one Blue and the other Green. Mafia has Good guys who don't know whats happening, and Bad guys who kill good guys. What you are proposing here is just put 2 people out there and have them argue for other people to kill the other dude for what can only be super arbitrary reasons, because there is no context for why anyone should pick a winner.

Like I said, it is 1v1 pop con, where people choose who they want to win based on whatever random criteria they decide to use

That's why I proposed a 5 person game where neither competitor is guaranteed to be scum. You have to analyze the play, who votes for who, and it's over quickly.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

JakeP posted:

yeah sure but how do you defend your honor if your besmircher is on your team, all this is is a super quick almostmafia mini

If you're on the same team and you successfully bus your 'competitor', losing the game, then you've also got an answer.

If they bus you and lose because of it, you've kind of won there too.

If they bus you and you find scum but they were against you, you've won.

It's all in the post-mortem, but it's no longer a 1v1 popularity contest.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

JakeP posted:

i think you are using the phrase bus wrong, but then wouldn't the ideal strat be to throw and force the other players to lynch you?

So you can say, "Ha ha, you suck I was town."

That would work most of the time against your competitor (75% of cases) but if your competitor then went on to WIN without you it makes you look bad.

Also in 25% of cases your competitor is scum, and if you were playing scummy and they got you lynched then they might win in LYLO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also, the proper ending to that is for one of the 'bystanders' who is scum to kill the other competitor, basically ending the game because none of them care.

And then the result is that both competitors suck.

• Locked thread