Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Just got the game, and I have to ask- are there any good 40K mods for this around? I can't seem to find any. I got it from GoG, so I doubt I'd be able to use Steam Workshop with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Cicadas! posted:

So! Now that 1.0 is finally out and they're not going to retroactively gently caress anything anymore, I've been working towards getting my happy little rock people up to speed. I've been working on a new ship, because I was really disappointed in the old one. It was just a giant ugly diamond shape with a single square room. Not very exciting.

Anyway, here's a work in progress picture of the new one. I wanted something compact, but still with enough room to live in, and I settled on the idea of "Space Camper." Given that they're highly nomadic and not too great with machinery, I figured they'd gravitate towards something that's not too flashy but easy to fix and customize, with a lot of storage space.

The yellow spots are for the thrusters, and the purple spot is where the teleporter will go. It's sunken into the floor because having a bump to walk over in your ship like that bothers me for some reason. You can actually get out onto the roof through that gap in the top, and jump around or put out some deck chairs or whatever. There's an invisible box at the edges of the rails, though, so you can't accidentally space yourself. The open top actually ties into my upgrade plan, too. Instead of having the camper get larger, I thought it would be cool to have a bunch of different ships join your caravan that you could get to from the roof by grav rail or something. I always liked fleets better than big ships anyway.

It's still rough in spots, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. What do you think?

Could you make a version of this that replaces the Human ships with the Space Campers, please? It sounds like a really cool idea, but I'm a space-racist :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zereth posted:

I installed a mod which makes every augment act like it's also Light of its rank for exactly this reason.

Anyone have a name for this mod?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Nalesh posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740491582

Decided to actually make that mod I was talking about a couple of days ago, added a wire input to the colony deed so you can just wire all of them up to a button and then run around collecting rent.

Could you upload this to Mediafire or something? I've only got the GoG version of Starbound.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So, uh, do we need any other mods to play the bugboys? Because insect races are cool, and I might actually reinstall Starbound to play one of them.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Are there any good mods that give each race their own special abilities? Because I admit, I kind of like the game in small doses now and then, and if Chuckefucks won't do what's necessary, I'm hoping the community would.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Samovar posted:

BTW, where would we be able to read about Rho's developing game?

This thread's the one you're looking for, I think.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Longer than you think, Ghost Leviathan! It's longer than you think!

Going from old Starbound to what it is now has been quite the jaunt, I'll agree.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What was the name of that goon-made game that is/was similar to this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

That's the one! Thanks!

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 25, 2021