Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
Just finished the first episode; I reckon I give it a 7 out of 10. Winona Ryder can loving act though, excellent work. I'm gonna watch a couple more and see how it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Edgar posted:

I enjoyed this show. Is wayward pines any good?

No lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

naem posted:

No lol

the first season was all right I guess but oh man the second one is extremely bad

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Blue Train posted:

the first season was all right I guess but oh man the second one is extremely bad

Same here. Season one was OK, but season 2 is just all of the worst characters who came back for a second season.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

I'm glad the hottie got with the cool rear end Tunnel Snakes guy instead of the goonie weirdo.

yeah that was legit

she gonna step out on him tho

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

SNOT CORN posted:

Here is where the next season of Stanger Things is going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky2dU6oIBAw

i cant wait for the remake that absolutely fails to capture anything cool about teh original

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

My guess is 11 is still alive and living in the woods and the slug will threw up is to leave it open to a season 2 where slug gets into the water supply and infects more people or something.

I think that kid will be the Typhoid Mary for a whole lot of town next season, hopefully with a wide variety of cyclopean abominations for people to turn into. It could be an homage to Salem's Lot. There's a lot of wishful thinking to this, of course.

Also, what the gently caress Google, why isn't "cyclopean" in your dictionary? Haven't you ever read cosmic horror?

edit: in case my post didn't confirm it, show rules

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Filthy Hans posted:

I think that kid will be the Typhoid Mary for a whole lot of town next season, hopefully with a wide variety of cyclopean abominations for people to turn into. It could be an homage to Salem's Lot. There's a lot of wishful thinking to this, of course.

Also, what the gently caress Google, why isn't "cyclopean" in your dictionary? Haven't you ever read cosmic horror?

edit: in case my post didn't confirm it, show rules

yeah mmhmm i think thatd be a great idea for a terrible second season.

the season 1 story was great and now its over. gimme something fresh for s02

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Yeah, I hope this is an anthology type series and every season is different. I am watching the last episode right now and drat is the opening one of the best I've seen. It sets the tone of the show from the second it kicks in, and the film grain plus title font is perfection.

e: Just finished the episode and I still feel the same way. Thought the ending was great, Netflix has been producing some really great stuff for the last few years.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 24, 2016

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

1. STFU about cgi vs. practical w/e this isn't TVIV sperglord den, fucklords
2. thanks for acknowledging that OP is correct
3. 011 is most def alive and chillin in the woods
4. 7/10 is a lowball score, grellgraxer, you should be ashamed trying to rate something before watching all of it
5. Winona Forever
6. Netflix is notTV do not argue with me, see #2

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

bitching about cgi when there was demonstrably less cgi than practical effects makes you seem like a tool and its worth discussing fuckboy

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

hemophilia posted:

bitching about cgi when there was demonstrably less cgi than practical effects makes you seem like a tool and its worth discussing fuckboy

SUCK MY BALLS SPERGLORD

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

psychokitty posted:

SUCK MY BALLS SPERGLORD

btw gl with that they are internal

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

psychokitty posted:

I think there are surgeries to fix that.

thehoj
Jan 29, 2003

Blue Train posted:

I'd actually say that only the first half of season 1 is good.. The second half, after you find out what's going on, goes downhill quickly..
And season 2 is absolutely terrible.. For some reason I hate myself so much though that I continue to watch.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
I liked the butt head thing. Or it looks like a butt head when it's not open. Eleven was like "I'm the monster" but I knew she was fibbing, because the butt head thing is clearly the monster.

Anyway, I thought it was case closed on the third episode, but I was mistaken. The case was not closed.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Germstore posted:

I think there are surgeries to fix that.

:chloe:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

psychokitty posted:

you have bashful testicles?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

maybe just turn up the thermostat

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
011 was played by Millie Brown, who absolutely stole the show.
The most natural acting ability in a kid since Chloe Moretz.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
It felt like a really good X-Files episode where Moulder and Scully never show up, but luckily local law enforcement happens to be competent.

And all them kids were good actors.

Germstore posted:

I'm glad the hottie got with the cool rear end Tunnel Snakes guy instead of the goonie weirdo.

Giving that character an actual arc and bending it toward creating empathy was a very good choice by the writers. The goony older brother being a bit of a skeez was also a good choice by the to keep him from becoming a lovely mary-sue

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

psychokitty posted:

1. STFU about cgi vs. practical w/e this isn't TVIV sperglord den, fucklords
2. thanks for acknowledging that OP is correct
3. 011 is most def alive and chillin in the woods
4. 7/10 is a lowball score, grellgraxer, you should be ashamed trying to rate something before watching all of it
5. Winona Forever
6. Netflix is notTV do not argue with me, see #2

11 is in the Upside Down, either whipping monster rear end with her psychic powers, or controlling them. I bet the slug Will barfed up with lead to a bigger rift opening and then El comes back and does some more crazy poo poo. The waffles in that Hopper left make their way to Upside Down for El, and also she'll develop a taste for a new junk food when she comes back; probably raw cookie dough.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I understand that if any more words come pouring out your oval office mouth, I'm gonna have to eat every loving Eggo in this room.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

did anyone else notice that the sheriff sounds exactly like Harrison Ford

drink_bleach
Dec 13, 2004

Praise the Sun!
This show is good and cool and if you don't like it you are dead inside and can't enjoy things.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Germstore posted:

I understand that if any more words come pouring out your oval office mouth, I'm gonna have to eat every loving Eggo in this room.

*rips balls off with mind*

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Frog Act posted:

did anyone else notice that the sheriff sounds exactly like Harrison Ford

That's David Harbour - he's a pretty good actor. He played a really twisted villian in 'A Walk Amongst The Tombstones'.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 25, 2016

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

It started off a little *meh* but picked up steam really quickly to the point I couldn't stop watching. Hope we get a season 2!

Also am I the only one who thought Winona did a horrible job acting? The kids, the teens and the sheriff were great but every time Winona was on screen I cringed a little bit.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Pawn 17 posted:

It started off a little *meh* but picked up steam really quickly to the point I couldn't stop watching. Hope we get a season 2!

Also am I the only one who thought Winona did a horrible job acting? The kids, the teens and the sheriff were great but every time Winona was on screen I cringed a little bit.

Well she didn't steal the show, but she did walk out without paying.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pawn 17 posted:

She played horribly frazzled mom on the verge of losing it super close to reality. I think she did a very good job with the character. Not as good as the scummy absentee father though, that guy hit every single note

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's good. They really nailed exactly what they were going for.

Steve stole the show.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Steve stole the show.

that hair :shlick:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's good. They really nailed exactly what they were going for.

Steve stole the show.

Kid playing Dustin did a really good job capturing "Dumb, happy kid in 1980-1994"

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Booblord Zagats posted:

Kid playing Dustin did a really good job capturing "Dumb, happy kid in 1980-1994"

he was not dumb! he knew all about magnetic fields!!!

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

gd dp :pervert:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

psychokitty posted:

he was not dumb! he knew all about magnetic fields!!!

Yeah but he was way too happy about pudding. Only tards get that happy about school-puddin

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah but he was way too happy about pudding. Only tards get that happy about school-puddin

it was chocolate pudding though and he didn't have teeth

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Booblord Zagats posted:

He was fat

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

psychokitty posted:

it was chocolate pudding though and he didn't have teeth

You have a pretty good point there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

Pudding is good!

• Locked thread