Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I was born in 89 but a lot of the media i consumed as a child was 80s media because i had a family of poors so this was right up my alley.

It wasn't really nostalgic though, like i definitely saw the influences but it's good on its own merits, not just good for being a nearly perfect homage to spielberg, king, and john carpenter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

RedMage129 posted:

CGI monster was whatever, not great but I can give it a pass because it was a pretty rad boss. But whenever they showed the CGI goo rift I was like, nah you could easily have done that practical and it would have looked 10000 times better.

the monster was mostly practical effects lol

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

monkey posted:

Yeah whatever cool 80s thing it had going, the CGI goop totally ruined it for me.

edit: especially when they have a scene where they talk about how the practical effects in The Thing were done.

the monster was mostly practical effects lol

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

It sure wasn't. Screamed of CG everywhere especially in the face.

it sure was.
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/stranger-things-finale-duffer-brothers-interview-season-2-1201816664/

quote:

Fortunately, Spectral Motion is another company that built a lot of monsters for Guillermo. They built our monster and they’re really great. They have an amazing robotic engineer who built the head — we call them petals, the pieces that open up when it needs to feed. Those were completely animatronic, programmed in a way that they moved in random patterns, which made them feel very organic and alive. There were times we couldn’t do what we needed to do with a guy in a suit and then we turned to computer graphics. Fortunately, Aaron also had a vfx company. He cared so much, the monster was his baby. He and his team did a really great job bringing it to life on a really tight television schedule.

congrats on not knowing what ya talking about.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

I don't give a flying gently caress what they say, I am looking at a clip of it again right now and this thing has a 90's rear end CGI look to it and it absolutely looks like it was added to the scene in post.

i think you just want to whine about cgi in lieu of real complaints.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

darkhand posted:

that same quote just said they used CGI too when it wasn't possible with a guy in a suit so you're both wrong looks like

nah

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

monkey posted:

To be clear, it was the goop that spoiled it for me, not the monster.
It wasn't just that it was CGI goop, but low budget, poorly rendered, obviously CGI goop that would have looked better done with cornflour, water, food colouring and string. The monster was fine.

oh yeah i guess, i didn't notice the cgi goop but if it bothered you thats fair

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i played D&D all of three times, twice stoned and once on 40mg of percocet and imho it didn't bother me at all everything checked out :colbert:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

bitching about cgi when there was demonstrably less cgi than practical effects makes you seem like a tool and its worth discussing fuckboy

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

psychokitty posted:

btw gl with that they are internal

you have bashful testicles?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Sandlot was like a bible for every sick burn and jab you could make without getting ejected in little league.

They need to make season 2 Stranger Things: Spooky Baseball Field some malevolent force forcing kids to play baseball with a really rare autographed ball and every time they hit a homerun or commit an error tuliphead appears and screams you're killing me smalls before consuming them

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

thathonkey posted:

pshh she didn't even do the hard parts. i can rap nicki minaj's vers from "monster" like at least a good 2-3 better than this

THEN DO IT

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

child stars still get chewn up and spit out by hollywood. adults have a hard time dealing with fame and child stars don't deal with it at all. See nearly every product of disney and nickelodeon for the last 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

jake lloyd is on his parents poison genes imv

• Locked thread