Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Daaaaang, definitely one of my favorite shows in a long time. I'm e cited for a second season, hopefully they don't over explain season one.

I'm an idiot and terrible at dissecting or analyzing movies and shows and why I enjoy them, but I read a post on another forum that helped me realize why I liked the show so much. It did three really generic 80s/early 90s themes really really well. The spielbergian kids ETish plot where they are trying to rescue their buddy with the help of a magic girl, the horror/thriller genre with the older teenagers having sex and lame highschool romances before they start getting murdered and have to battle a supernatural hero, and then the adults with the government coverup and small-town cop trying to find the truth behind the secretive and vaguely defined federal organization's x-files style thing.

There's just so many things going on in every episode and it stays interesting until the very end. I kept getting pissed off in the middle episodes because Jonathon and Girlie were just loving determined to deal with the monster by themselves without getting together with Hopper and Winona and sharing information with them and the kids. Ugh.

Dustin is the best character, but all of the kids did a really good job. Lucas was so-so.

Just a really neat show. Watched it with my sixty year old parents and they were crazy about it.

E- oh and duh that soundtrack was fly as gently caress and I love it. And the incidental synth music was my jam precisely. so goddamn groovy

Two Free Toppings fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Hell Yeah posted:

steve owns.

I ended up liking Steve a lot but I was also a big fan of watching dude get his face broke in via pervert nerd punches

E haha he got beat up so hard

I am glad Nancy ended up with him instead of dude who took pictures of her getting naked. I mean no competition you gotta go with the hottie

Two Free Toppings fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 6, 2016

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Germstore posted:

After covering up two deaths and killing a third person they probably hit a point where it's a better idea to bully a dozen people into keeping quiet than to somehow try to cover up a dozen more murders.

Not to mention I could swear that the Feds briefly mentioned in ep4 or 5 that the monster grabbed some fishermen and maybe a few other guys at some point. So people are getting disappeared from that small town pretty quickly.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Most important - the van flipping over the kids was totally sweet and Barbs actress and her hips are my sexual jamm and I'm very jealous of the worm-snake monster that managed to get up in her but maybe it is open to a 3some or somethin I'm not picky

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Bug Bill Murray posted:

This show has a lot going for it but I think ultimately it's less than the sum of its parts

*gif of the ouija wall spelling out 'lol sheesh'*

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Away all Goats posted:

the best part of the show is when hopper decides the best way to solve this mystery is to just start punching dudes in the face

Man Hopper gives so many guys serious brain injuries with his fists. He knocks out like a dozen dudes just by punching them in the face really hard. So cool.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Moridin920 posted:

idk i think by kid actor standards they did really well

I thought Lucas was the weakest of the bunch but all of the other kids did pretty great.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Fat Shat Sings posted:

if the guy is melting down into deconstructions of something only having seen like 40% of it he's either too dense to understand it or is just an opinion hipster that needs the attention that comes with disagreeing with everyone

Eh he's not really melting down and is actually being kind of nice about his totally wrong opinion and apologized for his poo poo posts. That's not so bad.

I also was totally into the show by halfway through the first episode Calico, so the rest might not be for you. I definitely disagree with the weird pretend hulk dude but I'm thinking about Steve's hair and Dustin and so I'm totally at peace with the world. Namaste...or should I say naMYSTERYte?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
I thought Super 8 was pretty dece but actually I think I might be mixing up the ending of that movie with the one from the Simon Pegg/Nick Frost barhopping flick. End Of the World? I can't remember. They both had aliens and I was probably high.

E- ^ well, there you have it. I was remembering the not trite movie ending I suppose.

• Locked thread