Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

psychokitty posted:

These kids are so loving awesome and nerdy. And the music is so good. It teleports you right back to the 80's like it could be an 80's show but way better made and not cheesy as like the A-Team and poo poo like that. I watched the whole thing and in my brain it's like I watched it in the 80's and just remember it being really good. HFS watch this show it's on Netflix.

Wat is it
Is it like goonies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Goonies is cool

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
finished this show yesterday

drat it was good

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

thathonkey posted:

can someone make me an av of the top part

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Calico Heart posted:

That's literally not what he is saying. He is saying the scene is being played with an emotional sincerity that isn't warranted if you've been paying attention to the show - what reason does the audience have to feel sad, knowing that the assumption the characters are making is wrong?

This is a fair point though. Like, it's totally not fair to assume everyone has guessed/gotten what a specific viewer has. I dunno how overt or obvious anyone might think they'd made the kid's fate.

This is again, not what he's saying. He is saying that her development is vague - ie what she wants and understands - but that that lack of understanding etc., was not a part of the dramatic narrative. You can refute/argue this point, though, it still ain't a perfect argument. I just felt you were oversimplifying what he was saying.

This isn't a refutation of that specific point and is in fact kinda rubbish matet. Believe it or not it is entirely possible for a vague show (or even just a show that is vague about certain important elements) to have clear rules, or established fact. It's not like if A and B are underexplained then C must also be.

Eh

breaking bad definitely sucks

you're a retard

E: YOU RETARD

• Locked thread