Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Agreed OP, I have to watch the last episode later tonight but I have loved everything to this point. Love that title music.

I watched the last episode last night - you are in for a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I liked how they handled the tunnel snakes dude showing up at the house in the last episode. I was thinking "Welp, I know what's going to happen here" but instead it turned out cool

This show is what Super 8 should have been

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

psychokitty posted:

Sort of. Also a little bit like Stand By Me and a little like any Stephen King book and reminiscent of 80s shows like Outer Limits.

It's awesome that the the show's title screen logo looks like it belongs on a Stephen King book cover

I recommended it to my 80 year old mother. I've never recommended a show for her to watch.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Tumble posted:

I asked this question in the "Bad Places To Be In An Action Movie" thread.

Has any character in any show or movie ever had a good result when they attach a retrieval cable to them? I feel like they draw back a bloody cable/rope every time, like that scientist they sent into the portal for the first time.

The original Poltergeist had a good result with that

EDIT: Too slow!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Last episode spoiler

When Mike kisses Eleven. That girl nailed it with her confusion and then the little smile. A very :3: moment

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I liked that they dressed up El in a blond wig and dress like the kids did in ET when they took ET out for the first time

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Mariana Horchata posted:

i never gave up on winona

might have to change my av back to celebrate her well deserved career renaissance

She should have chosen Ben Stiiler instead of Ethan Hawke in Reality Bites.

She deserves all the kudos she's getting for her performance in this show.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I was 16 in 1983 so I was the age of Barb, Nancy, creepy photographer kid and the Tunnel Snakes dude.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Yeah, it's very Silent Hill but Silent Hill has Stephen King and Adrian Lynne all over it so it's all the same pool in that sense.

Adrian Lyne?

There's not a lot of Jacobs Ladder type stuff in the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I feel bad for the girl who played Eleven because she is going to have to deal with Internet creeps and fan fiction and a kid she shouldn't have to deal with that

• Locked thread