Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Franchescanado posted:

Another: Gordon being forced to repeatedly watch pictures of his nude wounded daughter covered in blood and in various sexual poses after possibly being raped, despite the horror of the situation, isn't horrific. It's like they relied on the fact that it's supposed to be disturbing to actually disturb people, instead of using cinematic techniques to wreck your heart.

But instead, it's just kind of flat.

I watched it yesterday and this scene in particular really hit me with how much I wasn't taking the story seriously because of the 90s kid cartoon art being used. Like, intellectually I knew this is something that should be horrifying to look at but it didn't look horrifying. Tangent to that, for a movie they're releasing in theaters the animation isn't all that hot either.

And yeah, everything about that first half-hour is bad.

site fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

BioTech posted:

I could've sworn there was an episode about this in TAS.

I think there's a scene of something like that in mask of the phantasm

I guess it could've happened in the show proper too

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lots of new posts this morning, I wonder what's--

Oh

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Something that helped a lot in tas was that there was a lot of time where he could voice Bruce and not Batman

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Avengers finally started again. Black Widow causes the terrigen bomb. Kamala was only in there for like 5 seconds. Maybe next week :/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
FF was in a few episodes of emh as well so not entirely out of left field

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ugh, G Willow just told me the writers/producers haven't even talked to her about Kamala. Not gonna get my hopes up.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Okay so its a two parter

1st ep is avengers go to a small town where "a weird mist" is fogging it up. It's a crashed inhuman ship and terrigen dispersed in the air. They run into The Inhumans (BB, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon in their old school looks and a guy called the Seeker). Black bolt is an rear end in a top hat and gorgon starts a fight. A new inhuman hatches and they all team up to fight it.

2nd ep reveals the crash was a setup by the Seeker and Ultron. Ultron takes over attilan and tries to use black bolt's power and an amplifier to destroy the world but Natasha turns the machine into a terrigen dispersal device which saves the world but releases the mist everywhere.

site fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 5, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ToastyPotato posted:

Well Paul Dini wrote Arkham City didn't he? That game calls Catwoman a bitch while you play her almost literally every couple of minutes. So in general, yes, DC's idea of making mature content is generally to throw in the word bitch, some blood, and some tits and rear end.

Don't forget the thugs convos where they plan on raping Harley

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hayley Atwell will voice agent carter in avengers

No return of Agent Carter the show though :(

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Kamala

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I trust the opinions of person who labels Steven u fans as internet manchildren

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

purple death ray posted:

I wonder if someone at WB is slowly realizing they could have just made a CGI, family friendly cinematic universe for the JLA in the first place and made a bajillion dollars without having to share the profits with Lego.

If wb did it themselves it would probably suck tho

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I actually enjoyed forever it felt the most comic booky of the four and b&r was terrible because oddly it was every scene with the bat family that sucked rear end but the villains were bmovie silly and were the only decent things about it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The special deluxe edition now with added scene of ww having sex

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lobok posted:

X-Men Evolution dancing may have been bad but Pearl Jam Evolution dancing was pretty good.

I approve of both of these

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

catlord posted:

A free trial of Amazon Prime including streaming? Don't mind if I do.

Taking advantage of that to watch Batman the Animated Series and Superman the Animated Series, since I've seen very little of Batman, and none of Superman. It's fascinating how different Batman feels to all the later shows in the DCAU, a little... slapdash, I guess, though not bad at all, but where Superman takes three episodes to establish the characters and everything, Batman just tosses us Man-Bat, and Robin just suddenly appears in a couple episodes of season 1 (by Amazon's listing) only to disappear again. It's real strange, I can see the elements that became the DCAU, but at the same time it doesn't feel at all like the later shows. I think part of it is the art style, since it's not the refined version they used for the later series, it stands out more.

Didn't the Robin thing happen because they were produced or aired wildly out of order or something like that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
When I was a kids beast wars was extremely my poo poo, please no one disillusion me from this

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Beast machines was where they killed like half the characters from Wars and went back to a dead Cybertron and morphed into like half animal half vehicle forms and optimus became some weird pacifist monk for a while right?

That show sucked

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lmao marv wolfman and didio? Seriously?

Thanks for ruining beast wars DC

site fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 1, 2017

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ngl all this talk makes me wanna watch beast wars again

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Pass

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10/08/squirrel-girl-animated-announcement/

E: oh right this isn't a tweet

quote:

That’s right, everyone’s favorite character is coming to animation in some shape or form, at some point in the future. If that sounds vague, it’s because Lane didn’t actually tell us what was happening. He just said that something was happening, and he would tell us later, before the end of the year.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I figured after the black widow/punisher movie they were done with the anime

https://twitter.com/agentfitz777/status/922157131750694912

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

See, but Squirrel Girl is mediocre trash because they didn't spend half a year explaining the backstory to Koi Boi and Chipmunk Hunk.

I would unironically love to see the shitstorm that happens during an arc about a trans character

That and since bendis just straight up disappeared the only other trans character in the marvel u for absolutely no reason (I'm gonna guess transphobia) I'd like to see some rep

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Angela's wife Sera

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Which one of you wrote this

https://twitter.com/Dihuh/status/931783335847780353

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I came in to post that but good Lord can you think of anything that will be more hosed up

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
When has Harley worn a mask

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh lol i was thinking like a full face mask you y'all mean the eyecover thing my bad

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What can i say those things don't register as masks in my mind

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

The domino mask is one of the most common types of masks in comic books, second only, maybe, to the cowl.

I mean i suppose you're right i just think of them as like eyewear/cover and not as a mask, so when it came up i was thinking that what was being implied was that the eyecover, face paint and lipstick were all one entire face mask and got confused

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

Horseshit. The only reason you can see her goddamn nipples through her costume in Arkham Knight is because the artist made that decision. There's dozens of 3D Spider-man games and several films out there and he doesn't look like he's got his costume painted on in any of it. There's even several thousand classic Harley Quinn cosplays at various comic-cons, and while a good deal of them deliberately amp the sexy factor of a skintight outfit, almost none of them end up as gratuitous as what you'll see in a video game. Unless you think this is a sexualized outfit:

Don't let Roy Moore see that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lmao oh my god

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

I just can't get over it not being called Batmanime.

Nice

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Marvel Television is working on Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors, an upcoming feature-length animated film about a new generation of diverse superheroes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/nerdypoc/status/939568154661007367

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Who does batgirl gently caress in this one

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Samuringa posted:

The Illuminati is kinda of a reverse, right? They are all - arguably - heroes who decided they were powerful enough to play puppet master.

Dr strange blew up a bunch of worlds on his own during secret wars in addition to what he did with the Illuminati, if that counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:thunk:

https://twitter.com/Mech_Aniki/status/959080585523290120