Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Even though I read all, or I guess most of, the Marvel v DC stuff back in the day, I don't remember Tim and Jubes hooking up at all, that's adorable. It was so long now that I just remember Bats v Cap, Logan v Lobo, and Storm being her usual awesome self.

I AM GRANDO posted:

I still can’t believe he was John Colicos, Baltar from the original Battlestar Galactica. I always thought it was Tony Jay, which is in a way a very strong compliment to John Colicos.

“I am the rocks of the eternal shore! Crash against me and be broken!” Every line is a banger from that guy. He’s Dr Orpheus played straight.

He was great in DS9 as an old Kilngon looking for a few final glory days. Dude could chew scenery and deliver a line like no one's business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Air Skwirl posted:

Is that Sunspot next to Jubilee and Bishop in the group shot?

Looks like him, and he’d certainly be a great addition.

I do love the big leagues glow up Bobby and Illyana have gotten in the last decade or so, though I feel a bit bad for the rest of the gang, Dani especially.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

bunnyofdoom posted:

I keep saying it, and I will continue to say it, this is by far the most emotionally healthy bat family. Jason is explicitly in therapy, and they all agree it's a good thing. They are all really supportive of each other, have a really good dynamic. One of the big email threads is about Dick, Babs and Jason all talking about going to Gotham's pride parade to support Tim, and if they should go as civvies or in uniform.

Aw, that sounds really lovely.

Still, as far as Robins go, Tim's always gonna be bottom of the pile for me because he's so boring. Dick's obviously the GOAT, Damian's great and fun for everyone else to bounce off, Jason's flawed but interesting but Tim's just tedious beyond belief.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Jimothy Interesting Drake.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Is that the most realistic Two-Face ever? Guy just looks like a poor dude hosed up by an acid attack and not a dayglo zombie from beyond space.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Guessing even this show isn't going to go all in on Knife Queen Ororo, alas. A pity, as any time she cuts up some overconfident chump is cooler to me than bringing down all the hailstorms and tornados in the world.

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, Morph turns into her in the second episode of this new run?

It's also an interesting take on Morph's powerset, normally they're just pretty much another Mystique, but in this version they seem able to mimic powers and weapons? Kinda makes that side of Rogue's powerset seem redundant.

Show is surprisingly good and does nail that 'like the show in your memories' thing that's hard to nail for these kind of reboots. It doesn't hurt that there was a ton of Claremont soap opera nonsense left on the table that the original run didn't touch and we're mining that pretty blatantly.

They were just being creative in a way people who write Mystique rarely are. There was a solo series though where she made much more use of her power beyond 'look exactly like that guy', she was moving internal organs around to less obvious target locations, making herself into thin, flat sheets of flesh to drift/glide out an exploding building, etc.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

drrockso20 posted:

And then you had things like War Machine making it in over Iron Man cause another company had the rights to him for video games at the time

I choose to ignore this mundane explanation in favour of a unanimous belief that Rhodey's suit just looked way cooler and more awesome.

:colbert:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Having long had a soft spot for Maddie, there's something quite nice about seeing newbies go mental for her on Twitter et al following this week's ep.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Loving how Maddie's getting a fair shake in this series. She had the understandable initial meltdown but is moving on as best she can.

It does feel like the series seems to be setting up/do the old 'team breaks up/falls apart' thing, a good X staple. Jean resenting giving up the cosmos for Scott and the X-Men, Storm losing her powers and going walkabout, Rogue and Mags looking towards community leadership roles, Bishop going back to the future with Nate, Gambit doing his thang this ep...

While you'd normally expect the line up to largely remain the same in shows like this, the possibility of bringing in some All New, All Different X-Men doesn't seem so outlandish all of a sudden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Dawgstar posted:

Which is funny as he spent a good chunk of X-Factor as a dumb guy because he messed with his own genetics again and lost the fur but got dumber the more he used his strength.

No, he didn't. He was a victim of a scientist trying to cure his own mutant son, he kidnapped Hank and used him as a lab rat, which defuzzed him. Then later Plague's power reacted especially badly with his now turbo hosed body chemistry and he started getting stronger but dumber.

None of it was Hank's doing/choice.