Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Skwirl posted:

I like The Long Halloween because it reminds me of The Big Sleep. It's got twists that even the author can't explain.

This was always my problem with it. I remember everyone hyping it up as a big mystery story but the answer to the mystery is a total left turn that no clues led to, wasn't it? Though it has been a long time since I last read it that could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Hush has a Batman vs Superman fight that almost makes sense, so that's probably why it gets a movie.

God that fight gave edgelord Batman fans so much anti-superman fuel for years

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Skwirl posted:

It's basically "there in tunnels with lead and the mind control isn't powerful enough to make Superman kill" right?

Yeah he was mind controlled and fighting it and I think also had some kind of kryptonite plant on him or something?

Unmature
May 9, 2008

ryonguy posted:

Dark Victory screams cash grab, and is a complete mess in my opinion.

I read it about 9 years ago and literally cannot remember a single event from it

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Nodosaur posted:

Hot take: The Batman has the best take on an animated adaptation of Robin's origin

Agreed and this is also when the show really kicks it into gear and becomes really good.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Just saw a clip of the new Stretch Armstrong show and it looks better than any cartoon Marvel or DC have put out in a long time.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
But muh masculinityyyyyyy waaaaaah or something

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I’m often conflicted about possible Superman futures, especially any one that’s sad or has him retire. Feels weird to have anything less than All Star/DC:One Million flying into the sun and living there for thousands of years and being immortal. Maybe the DCAU Supes could still have that.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I think it would be a cool experiment to have some social analysts and futurists come in and give DC/Marvel a layout of ways superheroes could measurably fix the world if they existed and run with that for a while. Show us what could happen if Batman really did donate enough money. They’re gonna reboot the universe every two years anyway, why not try it.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Skwirl posted:

The diamond one would just cause the diamond market to collapse, though eliminating diamond mines would in and of itself be a net good.

The new Commissioner Gordon would be pissed

EDIT: wait he owns a gold mine https://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/19/magazine/jeffrey-wrights-gold-mine.html

Unmature
May 9, 2008

SlothfulCobra posted:

These while doable would require Superman to basically declare war and do it by force, because it's not the inability to move heavy things holding these this back, it's the political will to defund the police and allocate land usage.

Paul Dini and Alex Ross did a comic where he tried to solve world hunger and this was one of the reasons it didn’t work on top of the fact that even he can’t be everywhere every day at once AND beat up Parasite or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

site posted:

miles' dad is the nazi bee guy in the cartoon?

Better than being a cop