Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Exactly! Making Terry Bruce's genetic offspring is kinda dumb and weird but also comics? It just underlines how much difference a relatively stable home life and basic socialization can make in comparison to a laser focused life of training and preparation monitored only by your butler. Even if your butler is Alfred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

A dad you can fire is hardly a dad.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

I want to point out this, because there's more than this- later, when Leviathan is going after all of Wayne Inc., she's apparently the one person there who isn't a plant, mind controlled or directly connected to a bat-person.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Lurdiak posted:

And now I've just remembered that an old Batman comic I read featured Bruce Wayne being shamed for not supporting some organization or other, and the story resolving with Batman donating a huge check to said organization and the lady is like "Now there's an upstanding citizen, not like that Bruce Wayne!"

Batman, have you ever heard of the IRS?

Financially speaking Batman's money and Bruce Wayne's fortune are completely different things.

Soon all rich billionaires will have secret ID's to avoid paying tax.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

The Question IRL posted:

Financially speaking Batman's money and Bruce Wayne's fortune are completely different things.

Soon all rich billionaires will have secret ID's to avoid paying tax.

Tony Stark and Spiderman both hired themselves as their personal bodyguard. That seems like an embezzling scheme.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Tony Stark and Spiderman both hired themselves as their personal bodyguard. That seems like an embezzling scheme.

For Spider-Man I think the money went to Hobie Brown.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Batman is an LLC passthrough corporation specifically to dodge taxes. Thanks GOP!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Amazon Prime had the Batman & Harley Quinn up for free and I still couldn't make it halfway through. Although that Timm was involved did forewarn me we were going to get something airquotes sexy and sure enough.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Yeah, who knew network restrictions would be for better cartoons? The DTV stuff is them drooling and going "look at all the things we can do now!"

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Exactly zero lessons learned from the failed Ren and Stimpy revival.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Never let horny old men off the leash.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Never let horny old men off the leash.

What if that's what gets them off?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah I preferred when it was all just rampant innuendo in the tv series. That’s a lot more fun.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

Yeah, who knew network restrictions would be for better cartoons? The DTV stuff is them drooling and going "look at all the things we can do now!"

The scene with Harley farting a bunch is...weird. Like, Batman inhaling deeply and saying, "smells like discipline"? I cannot parse that. I still have no idea if it's a fetish or just a super weird failed attempt at comedy.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Android Blues posted:

I still have no idea if it's a fetish

Search in your heart

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Android Blues posted:

The scene with Harley farting a bunch is...weird. Like, Batman inhaling deeply and saying, "smells like discipline"? I cannot parse that. I still have no idea if it's a fetish or just a super weird failed attempt at comedy.

Why not both.gif.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

Android Blues posted:

Wait what the gently caress? Is this real or is this post like the posts about the Friends game?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

TokenTrevor posted:

Wait what the gently caress? Is this real or is this post like the posts about the Friends game?

You asked for it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jj37XR1yFw

I don't think Batman jokes work if you want him to be kinda funny but also want people to still respect him as a serious person. Lego Batman this ain't.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't think Batman jokes work if you want him to be kinda funny but also want people to still respect him as a serious person. Lego Batman this ain't.

wow, I hate everyone involved with this, except for the voice actors

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

hiddenriverninja posted:

Harleyquinndoubleass.jpeg

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

hiddenriverninja posted:

wow, I hate everyone involved with this, except for the voice actors

Poor Conroy struggles mightily under the weight of the discipline line, but even he can't carry it.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

SlothfulCobra posted:

I am now jealous of people who have no comic exposure outside the cinematic universes. What on earth was the decision behind a scene like that? Jeez.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

TokenTrevor posted:

I am now jealous of people who have no comic exposure outside the cinematic universes. What on earth was the decision behind a scene like that? Jeez.

Creepy old men getting off on exposing people to their fetishes I guess? There was a Nickelodeon producer who was shown to have a foot fetish that kept putting bare feet shots in his kid shows wasn't there?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

ToastyPotato posted:

Creepy old men getting off on exposing people to their fetishes I guess? There was a Nickelodeon producer who was shown to have a foot fetish that kept putting bare feet shots in his kid shows wasn't there?

That was Dan Schneider. He was released from Nick this year.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

That was Dan Schneider. He was released from Nick this year.

Didn't that story break years ago though? :stare:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ToastyPotato posted:

Didn't that story break years ago though? :stare:

Oh, yeah, but as far as I know that wasn't a reason they did it, or at least not a cited one. Also Schneider had a lot of stroke. I remember one of the articles citing as proof he was a dirty old man was one of his sitcoms that featured an episode with a before-mega-famous Ariana Grande getting sprayed with water while in a bikini top. He's super gross for being what I dimly remember as 'the funny fat one' on Howard Hessman's Head of the Class.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, yeah, but as far as I know that wasn't a reason they did it, or at least not a cited one. Also Schneider had a lot of stroke. I remember one of the articles citing as proof he was a dirty old man was one of his sitcoms that featured an episode with a before-mega-famous Ariana Grande getting sprayed with water while in a bikini top. He's super gross for being what I dimly remember as 'the funny fat one' on Howard Hessman's Head of the Class.

There have been a few pretty ugly rumours about him over the years. I read once that Amanda Bynes claimed he molested her, but said claim wasn't taken seriously because this was when she was going through that big public breakdown she had a few years ago.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I just watched the opening bits of JL:Dark and flipped it back off after they did a rundown of ordinary folks straight up murdering their families and friends in grotesque ways and John Stewart chimes in with "The one week I fill in for Jordan, and it couldn't be some hairy-rear end monster?"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Well, we can't let a dramatic moment hang in a DCA moment without some snark! That wouldn't be kosher.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Dunno if this should go here or in the TV thread (even though its not technically on tv) but

Young Justice: Outsiders sneak peak.

Looks like if you liked YJ you'll like this. Another time skip (which I think we already knew).

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Didn't see it posted here but apparently they're doing an animated film of Hush coming out after the Death of Superman two parter. Probably with the same animation style and probably also a two-parter.

Bit of an uninspiring choice I think, Hush was hyped up a lot back when I first got back into comics but I feel like it kinda came and went and it's not particularly well remembered at this point, maybe I'm wrong about that. If you're going to adapt a Jeph Loeb book that has every character in it, sometimes for very spurious reasons, then you may as well adapt Long Halloween. Surprised they haven't done a Wonder Woman one based on those arcs from a few years back that were quite well liked.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

thebardyspoon posted:

Didn't see it posted here but apparently they're doing an animated film of Hush coming out after the Death of Superman two parter. Probably with the same animation style and probably also a two-parter.

Bit of an uninspiring choice I think, Hush was hyped up a lot back when I first got back into comics but I feel like it kinda came and went and it's not particularly well remembered at this point, maybe I'm wrong about that. If you're going to adapt a Jeph Loeb book that has every character in it, sometimes for very spurious reasons, then you may as well adapt Long Halloween. Surprised they haven't done a Wonder Woman one based on those arcs from a few years back that were quite well liked.

Nah, you're not wrong. Nobody cares much about Hush aside from coming out of the prestige of having Jim Lee draw Batman, although he's probably due for a story that makes people sit up and take notice, like some writers have done with Bane.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The only time I would have cared about Hush was when they were planning to do it in the style of The Batman.

Now it'll just be in normal DC animated movie style so who gives a poo poo.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Nodosaur posted:

The only time I would have cared about Hush was when they were planning to do it in the style of The Batman.

Now it'll just be in normal DC animated movie style so who gives a poo poo.

I've never heard of that, that sounds interesting. My mum thought Batman was too violent when I was young, so The Batman was my first superhero cartoon and I still have a soft spot for it.

I get the impression that you can read like, two Jeph Loeb Batman comics before you get tired of his style and most people read Long Halloween and Dark Victory first. If they do a Long Halloween adaptation, I hope they cut that last twist, I thought it was good except for that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I like The Long Halloween because it reminds me of The Big Sleep. It's got twists that even the author can't explain.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Skwirl posted:

I like The Long Halloween because it reminds me of The Big Sleep. It's got twists that even the author can't explain.

This was always my problem with it. I remember everyone hyping it up as a big mystery story but the answer to the mystery is a total left turn that no clues led to, wasn't it? Though it has been a long time since I last read it that could be wrong.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Unmature posted:

This was always my problem with it. I remember everyone hyping it up as a big mystery story but the answer to the mystery is a total left turn that no clues led to, wasn't it? Though it has been a long time since I last read it that could be wrong.

If all you care about is cause and effect and who did what The Long Halloween is a square trying to fit into a circle. If you appreciate for what it is (a Batman story cramming as many villains in as they can in twelve issues) it's fine, and great for a DTV animated movie, but they really shouldn't use the current house style.

Hush has a Batman vs Superman fight that almost makes sense, so that's probably why it gets a movie.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Hush has a Batman vs Superman fight that almost makes sense, so that's probably why it gets a movie.

God that fight gave edgelord Batman fans so much anti-superman fuel for years

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Unmature posted:

It's basically "there in tunnels with lead and the mind control isn't powerful enough to make Superman kill" right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Unmature posted:

It was just more of TDKR wank. Hey, remember how Superman sucks forever?