Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Del Toro was attached at one point, which means its never actually coming out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

You know, speaking of funny shows, that TMNT CG cartoon is also really funny and also has cool fights and interesting takes on classic villains. Except Bebop and Rocksteady, their version sucks. The only real cricitism I can level at it is that they had a really neat romantic subplot going and then at some point it just kind of froze up at the "will-they won't-they" stage, which I find weird.

Well, that would mean a human girl being in a relationship with an anthropomorphic turtle, which would be rather awkward.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

TwoPair posted:

I feel for Dini but frankly that whole era of CN trying to do live-action shows was pretty loving dire and I'm glad it's in the rear view of the world.

I think the current era of basically only showing Teen Titans Go is also extremely dire. They have plenty of other shows they could fill up their schedule with.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Jeez its like you guys have never seen the molted skin of a woman before. Some women shed their skin, and its perfectly natural.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Invincible was fine after that event. The real problem is that it went on for way too long, so it got really stupid and bad. It can probably be good for 2 seasons, and maybe even 3.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, I guess the pop culture landscape has changed quite a bit since the comic originally came out, got all those people sniffing around for licensing, then scared everyone off once they realized what the comic was actually about.

I think its more to do with the fact that content producers still see non-comedy animation as strictly for kids in the west. Thankfully, it seems like this is very slowly no longer being the case.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I love Khary, but I always remember how not great the industry is when he is the voice of 80% of black young adult characters in tv animation, because the industry is terrible like that.

I mean that is pretty standard for voice actors to be in everything.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Remember that Young Justice treated the villian Sportmaster seriously.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I wonder why X-Men evolution wasn't included.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

I like both, but Young Justice is wayyyyyyyyy too serious for its own good.

I remember the first season tried really hard to make Sportsmaster a serious and credible threat.

Also, I remember the characters only emotions were being angry all the time.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

Remind me again of what that was? it's been a while since I've seen the series.

She was copying a character from an old sitcom.

It'd probably work better if that wasn't the season's only joke aside from Robin's wordplay stuff.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

So I watched Batman Ninja tonight and man, that movie was just nonsense. Like, okay, they have an explanation as to why a bunch of random villains all of a sudden built robot castles but the stuff with the monkeys and bats turning into a giant Batman was a whole nother level of stupid.

It wouldn't change the monkey and bats stuff, but the translators basically didn't receive a script for the movie, so basically all of the dialogue was completely rewritten for the dub and they are two different movies.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

So is there a breakdown of how the stories were different?

No comparisions, but here is the article that explains the situation https://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-batman-ninja-in-english-is-so-different-from-t/1100-6458513/

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Now, I'm imagining a situation where the entire plan failed, because Terry's dad got the flu and died due to never actually getting the flu shot.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

X-Men Evolution deserves it more. :colbert:

X-men Evolution got a decent amount of seasons at least, and a decent ending. Wolverine and the X-Men deserves it more.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

TwoPair posted:

I haven't watched since its revival but yesterday the Youtube algorithm decided to serve me up a clip of (spoilers I guess) Beast Boy getting an intervention because he has PTSD and is abusing sleeping pills after watching Superboy die and all I could think is "How the gently caress did this show go from a show about sidekicks breaking out into their own team to this?"

I used to think one of these days I'd go back and watch it since, even though I wasn't in love with the show, it was okay, but like goddamn I don't need that out of my super-shows.

I mean this is the show that took a villain like Sportsmaster way too seriously in its first season.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I just imagine Terry's dad dying from a preventable disease because he went in for a vaccination shot, and instead got the batman dad shot.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Nodosaur posted:

Is that even topical anymore? Like Howard Stern is still around but he's nowhere near as big a deal.

They work for a print newspaper.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

Based off the trailer that version of Damian definitely seems to only really have in common with other versions him being named Damian and being Bruce Wayne's biological son

Yeah, it seems like its missing the element of him being a little poo poo, which sort of justifies the character, since you can at least do something interesting with that.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Lobok posted:

I find all this hullabaloo about Conroy's last role kind of weird. Since when do we remember actors based on their final performance? It's not going to tarnish anything he did, all his great work still exists to be enjoyed.

Suicide Squad marketing made a big deal about this at one point.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Unless they die in a tragic accident or something when they are young, most actors last roles are terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Larryb posted:

If I remember the original series right isn’t Xavier technically still alive? Curious as to when/if he’s going to pop back up at some point

I mean Morph was literally dead. A little thing like death wouldn't stop a character from showing up again.