Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
On Justice Leauge War. I dislike how Darkseid seems weaker then he is. There is also the fact that Blinding him should actually do nothing to him being able to use the Omega effect. (He can shoot it from anywhere he just prefers his eyes, he can even shoot it from other people's eyes.) I wish they just said it was one of his Avatars.

(Least they seem to be fixing this for the Live action movies. As the villain of the Justice League Movie is going to be his henchman Steppenwolf instead of him directly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
That article is a bunch of bull and there is no reason to believe anything it says.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
They did have a series of episode which was a crossover with X-Men. All of the main ones showed up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SonicRulez posted:

The only time it really bothers me is with Joker. Which I realize is a fight I'll never win, but it's just weird. The Joker shouldn't have to really fight Batman hand to hand ever. It's not about that.

He only really did it in his first episode. After that he tended to rely on goons or gimmicks. He even redressed himself to be more proper Joker like. One episode did have him get annoyed that Batman kept outmatching him, figured he was losing because he was physically inferior to Batman. So he stole some of Bane's Venom to buff himself up. Proclaiming he now at the brawn to go with the brain.

Penguin also became much less of a physical threat overtime. With his goons the kabuki twins doing most of the work. At one point Alfred beat him up. (They had some history as the Pennyworths used to serve the Cooplepots.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I liked the second season. But the new season should be cool.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Countdown was horrible in every single way. Man you are not helping your opinions Dark_Tzitzimine

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

VolticSurge posted:

And then,knowing how edgy DC Comics are, Joker probably wound up killing that guy anyway.

Actually that guy went on to have a career of watching cars for super villains.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ToastyPotato posted:

That long explanation is a pretty inefficient way of saying "they didn't kill Spectacular just so that they could make Ultimate, they made Ultimate because they were killing Spectacular."

Well no. They made ultimate cause there was no way to continue Spectacular. It came out at a bad time. I am not a fan of Ultimate, but it can't be blamed for Spectacular not being able to continue.

Avengers Assemble can however be blamed for doing away with Avengers EMH. As that was just a stupid move.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 30, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah they already did this.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ToastyPotato posted:

Isn't Paradox kind of a direct sequel to Rebirth (the original, not the new thing happening) where in Rebirth Barry comes to deal with the fact that it was a time traveling Thawne that murdered his mom?

Fun fact Flash Rebirth was an in universe Retcon. Barry actually had a pretty happy life for his entire run before his death. His parents were alive and everything. Thawne then decided to gently caress with him by doing poo poo like erasing his child hood friend from existence, and murdering his mom and framing his dad.

Pre rebirth and Professor Zoom's new background. Thawne hated Barry cause he went back in time to meet his idol Barry Allen, but did not go back far enough and so came to the past after Barry's death. Were in the Flash Meusem he found out that he was became Barry greatest enemy (Thawne did not find out in the future cause Profeessor Zoom's real name had been lost.) and died at Barry's hands due to his evil after attempting to murder his wife and holding another person hostage. Which caused him to go crazy and decide to destroy the Flash in any form.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snk20e4wHuw

New video on the new Spidey cartoon, focusing on the expanded cast. Also a neat thing that makes me adore the world of voice acting.

It's really wierd but kind of cool that Josh Keaton is Norman Osborn, given that Josh was Peter in Spectacular.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mister Kingdom posted:

Wasn't it Flash-based?

I recall it became Flash based after it's first season.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SlothfulCobra posted:

So wait, how do you both run a huge privately owned corporation and be a practicing doctor?

CEO's for some companies are largely figureheads and don't actually need to do much.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I would have prefered with Gotham had they made it take place post Batman. But just made the focus on Gordon and the GCPD. Batman could still make appearances but could just not make him the view point character.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ToastyPotato posted:

Honestly that would also be bad because it would quickly devolve into "hey guys check out all of these neato COMIC BOOK REFERENCES," while never showing anything remotely as cool and having no excuse for it, in universe.

Not really gotham central did that and it was a great little comic.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Calaveron posted:

Beast Wars was a fantastic cartoon with some really great characters and plots and episodes (gotdamn Dinobot's death) but it was also very silly with Waspinator and the one episode that ended with Rhinox defeating the Decepticons with an energon powered super fart and Rattrap having luscious metal buttocks

Stuff like Rhinox fart win was only really in the early first season.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AlternateNu posted:

Not only did they turn Rhinox into a villain. They turned him into a mentally retarded brute who ended up staying a villain after the Maximals successfully rescued him.

The one cool part of Beast Machines was when Primal was able to piss Megatron off so much, he lost his connection to Cybertron and devolved back to his dragon form.

To be fair on that Rhinox villain thing. After they reverted Vehicon forms mind back to normal he became an intelligent villain. Rather then the near mindless brute he was before.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I found Batman vs Two-Face really fun.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
That is utterly great. Just Mark Hamil talking to himself.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Scooby has a done a lot with Batman and DC.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mister Kingdom posted:

Has The Cartoon Network abandoned Justice League Action?

Yeah I think they did it minute one when they put it at 7 AM Saturday once a week and nothing else.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
CN and DC Animation have a strange rivalry.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He is pretty much saying. "Yo lets murder anyone who oppose us in creating our Utopia." The exact some thing Doom wants to do.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Professor Wayne posted:

edit: whoops wrong thread, the only good animated Ninja Turtles in the past 20 years is Turtles Forever, though

The recent series was good. As was the 2003 series for the most part.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sockser posted:

Raph having tonfa instead of sais lets him hit stuff instead of stab stuff, which is good!
Except it kinda treads into Nunchuk territory, but now Mikey has some sort of yo-yo thing, so we're clear there

I figure Leo having one sword lets him do more punching and kicking instead of just slashing with two swords all over the place? Maybe?

Like most people you appear to not know how Sai's work. They are mainly used as blunt weapons.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SlothfulCobra posted:

I can respect the idea of acting without consideration for Disney's unstoppable tide of acquisition because gently caress them, they don't own you yet.

Actually if you check up the chain of command you will find they do in fact own you.

We should be getting ready to praise overlord Micky eventually. Once Disney actually does own everything.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Fairly sure the Yellow girl is Solstice.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Appearntly Marvel's Animation department is dying. All of their shows are ending.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheHan posted:

everyone and their mom had spider powers to the point where Peter lead a team that was only Spider-Men.

Wasn't that a plot for a episode of the new series.

TheHan posted:

The second season of Spider-Man hasn’t even aired yet though? They can’t kill another good Spider-Show.
The season will air. But it's won't get another.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Don't know how reliable it is.

https://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2018/06/work-around-town-3.html

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Skwirl posted:

I'm just bitter about Spectacular Spider-Man being cancelled since it's probably the best Marvel cartoon ever.

I am not mad about that, cause it was screwed over by timing and rights issues and there was nothing that could be done to continue it. Avengers EMH however was super hosed over and everyone was right to be pissed about that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also Surtur was built up as the big threat that season and in the end he was ignored and never resolved.

And they just brought Galactus in out of nowhere.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lurdiak posted:

Why are we talkin' about Dragonball.

That is a very ugly-looking cartoon.

The Cartoon is very well animated and energetic even if I am not crazy about the design.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lurdiak posted:

I mean it isn't. It's obviously using very minimal frames of animation and looks to be made in whatever replaced Flash.

You sure cause every clip I have seen look super smooth and snappy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Thompsons posted:

It still sucks though because it cheapens Terry and Bruce's relationship by saying "yeah you were basically fated to be like him instead of you two coming together by happenstance and forging a natural bond."

It was still happenstance pretty much.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
On Hush. A big reason I don't care for him is that he is not even original. He is a childhood friend of Bruce Wayne that hates and resents him.

Black Mask has the exact same backstory and came out like 17 years before him.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Sep 4, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Android Blues posted:

Yeah, Hush was a child sociopath who intentionally sabotaged the brake lines on his parents' car for their inheritance, but after Thomas Wayne saved his mother's life in surgery, he swore revenge on the Waynes and was irrationally jealous of Bruce that he got to have dead parents and the big inheritance while Hush was stuck caring for his now bedridden mother. Also his dad was abusive and his mom enabled the abuse, so he was super resentful of them. Eventually, despite him having spent years caring for her, his mother removes him from her inheritance and he smothers her with a pillow in a fit of rage before she can talk to her lawyer.

I like Hush, although his best story is not his debut but Dini/Nguyen's Heart of Hush, which is both a great spooky Batman story and fleshes out this backstory a little more. Hush is essentially the ultimate spoiled rich kid who just wants more, more, more and resents the people around him for having the life he feels he was owed. It's a different vibe from Black Mask. Hush's whole thing is this overweening sense of entitlement, but his backstory is substantial enough that he's not just a one note archetype.

Black Mask's backstory is similar. But not the same true.

Young Roman had really abusive parents utterly obsessed with status and their appearance. For example dropping Roman on his head as a baby and bribing the doctors never to tell a soul about it, witnessing Roman getting attacked by a rabid raccoon and not even bringing him to a hospital or getting him medical attention cause doing so could make them look bad. They also hated the Waynes, but publicly made friends and pretended to love them, to sell the image they forced young Roman to befriend Bruce. Roman hated doing this both for being forced to, and the fact that the Wayne family was much happier then his. Which started his hate of Bruce. (He also stated his despised the "Masks" his parents wore in public.) When Bruce's parents died Roman felt nothing but envy towards him for getting to live the high life without his parents restricting him.

Eventually he grew up. Became an executive in his father's cosmetic company (out of nepotism) and found love with a woman named Circe. However his parents refused to tolerate him having a relationship with someone in the working class, and ordered him to break it off. Instead he ran outside and set the house on fire in a rage. Finally freeing himself of his parents. Sadly for Roman who inherited the company he was terrible at it, and made bad decisions that nearly ruined it. The Last straw was at the end of his rope he forced his chemists and employees to send an untested product into circulation. Which disfigured a few hundred women. This ruined the company and caused Circe to break up with him. Bruce now heading his own company, decided to bail an old friend out. But Roman would have to give up total control and allow Bruce to pick a board of directors.

All of that humiliated Roman, particularly someone he had known and disliked since childhood, bailing him out. He had pretty much always disliked Bruce for being better then him, being freed from his parents earlier, having a successful business while Roman was a failure. He decided to rant about this to his parents crypt and got struck by lightning instead, which also destroyed the door to the Crypt. Heralding it as a chance at rebirth. Roman went down to his father's Ebony Coffin and smashed it with a rock, and carved his original mask out of it, taking on the criminal identity Black Mask. And it turned out that he was way way better at being a Crime boss then a business man.

He maintained the grudge against Bruce for a while in the comics, but it lost focus eventually.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

site posted:

It's kinda funny that the lore dumps never mention greyskull and no one ever asks what it is or means

Well Adora asks what's Greyskull when she first hears the words.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Andrew_1985 posted:

So... Young Justice is back.

What do we all think of the first 3 episodes?

They were pretty good. Though I feel bad for the Von Furth family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheHan posted:

Surprise! It looks like the good guys managed to eke out a win, but then the episode ends with a metahuman kid they saved getting shot in the brain by a farmer with a shotgun. It's no Lex Luthor "Exactly as keikaku" though.

It was still a win, it just was a bittersweet win. They only managed to save two of the metahuman kids, but they still brought down the trafficking ring that was kidnapping them.