Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
TTG is basically DC as a whole. A few really, really good bits, bogged down by everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Damien went in full force on the samurai stuff, nice hair cut, kid.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Jordan7hm posted:

My kid discovered Teen Titans Go. That show is just good dumb fun.

I watched a few joke compilations of the show on youtube, which were actually pretty good. Whoever does the jokes in that show knows something about timing. Then I watched a whole episode, and hmm, well, the joke guy has something.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Not sure who voiced Harley in Batman and Harley Quinn, but she was a breath of fresh air over Tara.

Her constant shrieking to try and emulate Arleen Sorkin is incredibly obnoxious and very hard on the ears.

Tara can do a good voice over, as seen in Raven. It's just that she seems to like doing the squeeky Bubbles voice.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

ToastyPotato posted:

It's because some of those characters have become very popular so she gets hired to do those types of voices and that's the whole point of her job. It's not like she is strong arming the directors into letting her do those voices.

She was on a youtube show called Table Top, and she was constantly doing the Bubbles voice.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

X-O posted:

I had never once seen a second of Teen Titans Go until the trailer for the movie came on before Deadpool 2 last night. It was completely unbearable. How was this a thing?

Just look up a "best of" on youtube, realize they have one good writer, who is probably into comics, and never watch anything else about the show.

That Jason Todd joke is great though.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just saw Batman Ninja. That thing is cringy, the animation is choppy, the story is a mess, and everything just felt rushed and jammed in. I kinda liked how they did the Joker though, up until the last sword fight.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I love how much their life is based around hate, they hate it so they can't stop themselves from focusing on it instead of, I don't know, finding something they like and focusing on that. Then again, it's not like they have a lot of media that fits in their world view, as "Mr. Don't give a poo poo, except about killing things not rich, white, and male," doesn't sell too well.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Thompsons posted:

It still sucks though because it cheapens Terry and Bruce's relationship by saying "yeah you were basically fated to be like him instead of you two coming together by happenstance and forging a natural bond."

The thing is, that episode, and the whole of Batman Beyond, is showing how even though Terry is Batman now, he's not going to be Bruce, he is his own man.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Waiting for them to do the same thing they did with TWD and just "fix" everything Kirkman didn't like.

Which doesn't get my hopes up, because I could not stand TWD after 3 episodes.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I think its more to do with the fact that content producers still see non-comedy animation as strictly for kids in the west. Thankfully, it seems like this is very slowly no longer being the case.

People that grew up with Anime like Gundam Wing and DBZ, and cartoons like BTAS and Samurai Jack are now in their late twenties or thirties, so we have an entire generation that now sees animation as something that can tell meaningful stories.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Hypocrisy posted:

RIP Miguel Ferrer,

Ah dammit, he was awesome, I always loved him on Crossing Jordan.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/GeekVibesNation/status/1105476875068104705

Trailer for BM & TMNT

Can't wait to see which one he fucks in this movie. My bet is on Don.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Nice to see that grown up Daria reboot is coming along nicely.

Also Marvel's What If better have Aunt May Herald of Galactus.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Nodosaur posted:

Symbiotes for some?

No, symbiotes for all!

I'm assuming the pink armored lady is Iron Heart? Cause she looks like a Warframe.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Daredevils have a long history in the US, with Evel Knievel and Super Dave Osborn being household names for a while in the 90s.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/MrTonyNacho/status/1319087297917259776

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I was always a huge fan of the christmas special, just like Grandma and Garfields little heart to heart at the end.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
This feels a lot like the first few episodes of season 1, where the show is still funny, but it needs an overarching plot, and Ivy wanting to re-plant the world isn't as interesting as "Gotham is now run by the crime bosses"

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
the Ivy replanting the world thing is the backbone plot that furthers the relationship stuff, they tend to go on wacky adventures due to Ivy's new goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Vandar posted:

It's a Rebuild.

(Evangelion did it first (or at least was the first major notable example of doing it in recent memory) with the Rebuild of Evangelion movies.

You could go back further with stuff like John Carpenter's The Thing or Airplane!