Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 30 days!)

just watched Crisis on Infinite Worlds part 1.
drat that was good.

is Flash always the one that fucks everything up, but also saves everything? Yet he goes out like a bitch in Suicide Squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

looks great to me. Any idea how many episodes its going to be.

now please make a new season of 90's Spider-man so he can finally find Mary Jane and crossover one more time with the 90's X-men

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

It is very funny how Morph dies pushing the one guy who can't be killed out of the way of an attack. Also Beast gets hit with a blast too and is mostly fine so I guess Morph was just extremely fragile.

Beast does have a hide of fur protecting him.
I think Morph got blasted by like 3 sentinels at once or a barrage since 3 sentinels was aiming at Wolverine.

old X-men show honestly had a lot of cool stuff, even the weird or silly stuff others have bought up just increases its charm upon rewatches.

Morph was a cartoon original character right? Which is why they killed him off easily, did they ever integrate him into the mainline comics

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ohF6PmO4o

love this clip.
wolverine toughman act only to get blasted first in the first few secs of every fight
Nimrod looks at Jubilee and Jean attacking him and completely passes over Jubilee and just blasts Jean and goes back to Jubilee when she's the only target left.

Hope they remember to keep Storm's tick of acting like she's casting magic spells in the new episodes. and her claustrophobia.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

so what's the deal with gambit's eyes?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Gaz-L posted:

They also turn into Archangel in the first episode once the Blackbird gets exploded, and fly down to the ground for the 'To me, my X-Men' bit.

Also the Blob to bounce Wolverine up which I don't think would be possible if Morph just turned into a fat guy.
Also er...do they have spare Blackbirds in stock?

So watched the first episode of '97. I liked it. Took a bunch of time to get everyone up to speed is fine. And everyone acts like how I remember them. Managed to get Jean's yell as she gets knocked back or surprised per episode thing in.
Animation wise is a bit rough sometimes, in motion its good, but when they're standing and talking and its a head shot, it looks like an adult swim low budget skit with just the mouths moving. Style wise its close enough, but the old show still looks better. Just the affect of when CGI is much cheaper nowadays.

And goddamn, does Cyclops kick rear end in episode 1. And so smug. I like that its more obvious (to me) that his blasts are concussive. My favorite scene has to be when they're all falling and the fliers all grab the non-fliers, and Cyclops is just 'yea don't worry about me' and lands by just blasting the ground
Most of the time in the original, he mostly blows up Sentinels or other machinery. So it was easier to mistake it as actual energy blast than shooting punches out of his eyes.

I liked the ending credits showing the ability bios.
What is Bishop doing here just hanging around? He never shares any scenes or lines with anyone else, but just pops up in action/fighting scenes.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 22, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

and he kicked all the x-men's rear end, as he should

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

episode 2 of '97

lol

Jean: "He's here"
Wolverine: "Who? Apocalypse?" *whips out claws*
Jean: "The baby"

Wolverine: *fear*

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

What days do new episodes release? Might sign up for Disney+ for this, they honestly kind of have a ton of stuff on there.

Oh ok, so ep2
Rogue and Magneto can touch eachother because i guess magneto makes a super thin layer of magnetism between them? Poor Gambit.

Awww Storm nooo, guess they wrote her off because she was too OP. I guess I kind of get it, she’s not a mutant anymore, so she leaves, but doesn’t that conflict with mutants and humans being to co-exist together? Even if it’s a mutant school.

Also lol @ Morph cheering Wolverine up by turning into Sabretooth and they wrestle? Ok…

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I’m fine with the shapeshifters having different attributes.
Morph can copy the physical attributes, Mystique having the organs thing and maybe being an Animorph

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Magneto is really good.

Like this is how I wish a good Doctor Doom would be half as good as the Magneto we’re having

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Vandar posted:

Spidey TAS is where younger me LEARNED about most of the characters in Marvel. It was pretty fuckin' awesome stuff.

The Daredevil episodes was hype.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

starting episode 3.

wow, this episode is oozing with drama. this is how an animation show like this should be, cherry pick all the best stuff and put them altogether.

Goblin Queen? Pretty out there name to give yourself, i guess she got her naming sense from Mr.Sinister

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 28, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

is there a reason why Mr.Sinister is super weak to Cyclop's beams?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

TwoPair posted:

That show basically burrowed that (wrong) fact into my head to the point that still almost every time I read a comic featuring Black Cat I have to remind myself like every time I see her in a jam "no, she isn't a super-soldier, she just has bad luck powers (sometimes)"

drat me too now

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

is she still a vampire now or did she get her powers back

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

maybe cause she had a prominent role in the high school X-Men animated show and was in the movies, I think Kitty is very popular though, didn't she also date Spider-man

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

nowadays, after i see a show's intro, I skip it on future episodes.

been letting the intro run every episode for '97

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

wow, this is the most x-men characters i seen on screen ever

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

BTAS comparison is sound, cause if you ever listen or read some of the commentary on the episodes, a lot of them like X-men 97, is cherry picked a lot of old Batman and detective comics as inspiration for the storyboard

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the Batman vs. Ninja Turtles was a weird one

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

it doesn't matter to me if they all come back thru time travel fixing
i think it still delivers the weight that they all did die in one timeline, of the tragedy that could have been

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

yea, the episode was overshadowed with the amazing second half, but Scott was super raw.

Like I was ready to slam into him with the walk out last episodes, but I actually understand both sides of real Jean and Scott's anger and confusion. Do you actually love me, or am I just a lovely memory. Especially after that scene with Wolverine.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I’m pretty clueless about X-men space stuff, so all gonna be raw new first time knowledge stuff for me

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

so weird to see Xavier just doing like regular non-mutant related stuff. Everything he's been in for media was just that.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

episode 6 of '97 wasn't amazing, but as a way to cooldown and put everyone on the same page is fine. Liked it elaborated that Storm and Xavier stuff happening at the same time as the main scene stuff.

Charle's lecture to the space birds was dumb. They don't care, and him trying to preach to them about earth culture view points is dumb. Let the space birds have their aggressive culture if they want.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Has Beast done anything in the comics?
the other more famous X-men, they just leak into the public mainframe, but I don't know much about him other than he's blue and he's smart.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I freaking cracked up when threw Captain America's shield into the mountains. Such a dick move lol

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Gaz-L posted:

I do agree with this but it bothers me less because, i mean, Logan's like 300 years old anyway.

Yea, for this instance, Logan sounding old actually makes him fit better.

I agree about Rogue delivering it in the last episode.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

for nostalgia purposes, looked into those old collectable X-men cards I remembered from the 90s.
might fulfill the dream and buy a bunch of complete sets just to look at, they don't seem that pricey either, for the regular sets, no idea about which super rare ones might be out there like the holograms, but the non-hologram sets are pretty cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

usually part of the bigger set.
the 1992 and 1994-1996 fleet or imperl sets are like $30-50 each for like a complete card set of 100 or whatever
though I think there's a chase set of hologram cards that are the pricer that's in different price category that's usually sold separately from the other complete lots.

i saw this set which looks nice, but for me, looking for more focused card sets like the x-men or spider-man stuff.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2858229650...TAGNM8PC7R6D15Y