Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

teagone posted:

From what I've read online, the person who heckled the panel was actually a reporter from Bleeding Cool. He did a writeup about the panel and admitted that his emotions got the best of him when he decided to attack the panel with sarcasm despite them doing their best to give a good answer. Like I said, I wholly disapprove of the changes too, but it seemed like there was already a lot of tension in the room when the question was originally asked and answered, and both Azzarello and the Bleeding Cool guy were tilted. Basically both of them are jackasses.

Hm yes, please keep doing mental gymnastics to defend a professional at a comic convention calling someone a pussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Holy poo poo. So he's comparing Barbara to his daughter now?

"Batman hosed a girl who was like his daughter! But that's okay because he doesn't know how to be a parent!"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

So the hot new rumor is that Netflix has indeed approached the Young Justice producers about a possible 3rd season, due to the good performance of the show after it was added tot he service. If you remember, some of the people were asking that fans show support by watching the show on Netflix. None of this is confirmed as far as I know, but it is an interesting rumor for the time being.

This happened just as the Light planned.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Brief graphic nudity?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

:randno:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bold strategy to see Gambit joining DC.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

And this is all going according to the Light's plan

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think the art style looks terrible and lazy, but whatever. I'm not the target audience and it's not like people were clamoring for more Thundercats. I'm happy with remembering the old cartoon fondly but have no interest to watch it now, because that would probably make me realize how bad it was.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

It was just more of TDKR wank. Hey, remember how Superman sucks forever?

It's been a while since I read it, but wasn't that fight put in a light where Batman knew that Superman could beat him easily if he wanted, but Superman was actively fighting back against the mind control? And everything Batman threw at him was still only enough to slow Superman down.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

...the Wild Man of Borneo. See you around.

I shall meet you at THE MONORAIL

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

More than that, they basically pulled an Ultimatum on that DC animated movie universe with that movie, indeed I'd argue they did it dirtier than that

Honestly I thought it was a decent enough one

I just looked up the plot and sheesh, it sounds terrible.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ThermoPhysical posted:

Yeah, that's the scene that made me stop and rewind.

It was really weird and, after having watched a few clips of Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay, it looks like DC just kind of lost their poo poo around that movie since it's just as gratuitously gory and edgy as JLD 2.

In fact, you get to see Count Vertigo's head explode in a pretty close-up shot. It's not as horrifying as hearing Mera's screams in JLD 2 when you get to see her head being ripped in two by Paradooms. But still stupid as gently caress.

Stuff like that last sentence is why I have no interest in watching these movies. I don't really want to see stuff like that. Someone said it was like Ultimatum but for DC and seems like that includes all the gross death stuff too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think it would be too messy for any company to try and make their own Mickey Mouse stuff, and likely there will be an agreement between Disney and other large companies to not do that. It won't stop smaller people from trying, but there's so much that they could mess up and Disney's lawyers are sure to be keeping an eye out for that.

I don't think much will change except Steamboat Willie will be free to watch.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

mllaneza posted:

Nobody will be able to just grab a character from another studio and start using them. Copyrights expire, trademarks don't.

From what I understand, if someone took the Steamboat Willie version of Mickey the trademark doesn't stop them from doing toys, books, etc. of that version. But if they tried to like, put that version on toothpaste or cereal boxes, that's when the trademark would stop them.

But there's so much grey area I can't imagine anyone except some small/sketchy companies tying to make a quick buck would try it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sorry but I'm not looking forward to the over the top gore and rape scenes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's funny that the current DC universe is so close to progressing the characters by promoting the Bruce and Selina wedding and that Bruce might be ready to stop, and then stop before that happens and then kill Alfred.

They already had a replacement Batman with Dick that everyone loved, and the dynamic with him and Damian as Robin was incredible. But of course you gotta stop all character growth and walk all that back so characters never really grow.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The ongoing subplot of Cable is Cyclops Adventures with Food.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can't wait to see ultraviolence and limbs being ripped off and rape in poorly animated form.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can't wait to not watch it. I'm pretty done with Kirkman and super violent stuff

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vandar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ7wbwkzNS0

Ehhhhhh. They made an attempt at an art style, but something about the entire trailer feels off to me.

Digging this trailer up because this is the first I watched it and I can't stop hearing the Unsolved Mysteries theme in it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

Got an image of the Cast for the new Superman including Clark as Superman

Also yeah if Clark slumps a bit it's kind of hard to recognize him as Superman.

I really like this art style and how they're getting personalities across just through poses and body language.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

Cosmicbook would be a banned source if anyone actually knew they existed. Unfortunately the only people that post those links are people who accidentally stumble across them and don't know better.

I always misread it as comicbooknews which I'm sure is what they want, so whenever I see it's some leftist woke mob or mad at women thing I look at the url again

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NikkolasKing posted:

There was the F4 cartoon with fuckin' Tony Jay as Galactus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amUJOeuxpXE

I think that's the only thing worth remembering about it. He was Baron Mordo in Spidey TAS instead of Dormammu which is kind of weird but oh well.

No, this is the only thing worth remembering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f73P7b9k0xI

Also X-Men Evolution got better each season, especially when they moved away from the high school setting.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kurzon posted:

So there's a scene in the latest Young Justice where Orphan is preparing to behead Lady Shiva but Batgirl convinces her not to because she would drat her soul or something. I hate this stupid trope, I thought superhero comics had grown out it. If Orphan had executed Shiva, Shiva wouldn't have won anything other than some sort of vindication and Orphan would certainly have not lost anything. And if you're a vigilante superhero who operate outside the law, you would probably need to kill your enemies sometimes just to survive. poo poo, the Avengers kill enemies all the time and think nothing of it, but we still got DC Comics pushing this rubbish.

Nah, I think it was fine. The Bat-family is all about not killing, and Cass was trained to be a killer. Her refusing to become a killer is a sign that she's better than how she was raised, and is embracing her new family and turning her back on her old one.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Young Justice season 1 had its ups and downs, but overall I think was pretty good. I found it hard to get into season 2 because of the timeskip and the focus on a ton of new characters while sidelining some of the season 1 characters and every loving thing was "all according to the Light's plan" no matter what. Season 3 I think was also way too bloated, and I just read summaries instead.

But I really like season 4. I think what they're doing with putting the focus on one or two main characters and giving them a pod of 4 episodes to tell a story really helps. So we still see some of the other characters who aren't involved, but it's not as messy as if they were trying to juggle all the storylines at once.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

OnimaruXLR posted:

Young Justice Season 4 Episode 9: Our new focus group features Zatanna who is acting as magic mentor to Traci 13, Mary Marvel (who is trying to be a wizard and not just Mary Marvel for some ominous sounding reason), and some guy who I guess is Dr. Fate's alter-ego at some point in the comics. They get into a tussle with Klarion, who has got major backstory with Vandal Savage, and there's some new Lord of Chaos on the prowl. Also Beast Boy may be taking sleeping pills to just spend his entire depression unconscious. Saturn Girl and Chameleon Boy sit around outside watching fake Star Trek, which strikes me as odd, given that it's not entirely clear what role they had in Superboy's "death" still

Not really feeling it compared to the ninja team episodes. Also, since when is Blue Devil Irish-from-Ireland and not just Irish by ancestry?

Yeah, I dunno about the magic group compared to the ninja group. Zatanna and Mary are the only well-known characters, and I don't care for Klarion. This episode was a little on the gory side, too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Jean cocoon and Phoenix being different stuff was revealed in Avengers, of all books. Then that continued into X-Factor, and none of that was written by Claremont.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

The little montage at the end strongly hinted that Jean goes full Phoenix in the future

Also, they positioned Rogue next to Scott to hint at them becoming a couple in Xavier's vision. And I think the showrunners confirmed that's what would have happened.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm still enjoying the show, but it definitely has some issues.

But yeah, I'm just waiting for this arc to end to get some Dick time.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm kind of bummed that the Nightwing episodes weren't really focused on Nightwing. But I liked the season overall.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'm going to nominate SubZero as a pretty good Batman movie.

It's what Batman and Robin should have been.

It's been a while, but I remember Sub Zero being pretty good too. I need to check it out again.

Return of the Joker and Mask of the Phantasm are just 1a and 1b for me. They're both so so good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ten was a good villain, though I guess she technically wasn't really bad.

But I liked the relationship with her and Terry.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wouldn't normally care for Marvel Zombies but Kate, Yelena, and Kamala are there so hell yeah, I'm in

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol if Disney gets Batman and Looney Tunes.

WB might as well just sell those IPs if they aren't gonna use them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'd say to at least watch Turn of the Rogue from the first season if you're going to skip the rest of the first season. But yeah, season 2 is better and I think each season then subsequently gets better than the one before.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-Men TAS has some really great episodes. And the fact that the Saturday morning cartoon was able to bring a lot of the major themes of the X-Men like racism into a cartoon show while still keeping it entertaining for kids was great. It's not as influential as Batman TAS, but I would certainly say that it's not far behind.

Unfortunately the budget cuts hit it hard and the animation, which was never it's strong point, got worse as it went along. But it had some great episodes and I don't recall any cartoon telling a serialized story beforehand.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NikkolasKing posted:

I dunno, they kinda drop that relationship after Season 2 in my memory. I guess if the idea was for a Dark Phoenix Arc, that could have pushed them together finally, but that's kind of a scummy thing to do, unless Jean was gonna die/vanish for a while and that's when they'd get together.

Scott/Rogue was an interesting twist on things to be sure but it always felt as hopeless as Wolverine/Jean.

Scott and Rogue was their plan. In the last episode when you have all those images of the future, they intentionally place them next to each other. They confirmed it was to say they were a couple and it would have happened after Jean went Dark Phoenix and died.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wait I always thought that was an edit. And I'm just now learning this is the actual real clip?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

That intro is ten seconds and a male J-rock vocal away from being an anime OP.

Someone add CRY FOR THE MOON at the end.

That looks pretty cute though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Larryb posted:

So it’s (Haley Quinn) primarily a comedy series featuring Batman characters then?

Yeah. I think the first season is kind of rough personally, but it gets better.