Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I'm the second half of Crow when he cuts himself in two after the Industrial Arts short.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Joel once made the comment that the right people would get the jokes they made.

The "Hamilton, Joe Frank, and Reynolds" skit had to have been written for me. Having grown up listening to 70s Top 40 AM radio, it was the perfect sketch.

Odd bit of trivia: Tommy Reynolds left the band, but they didn't change the name.

"Why would I want to turn my crank to Frank?"
"Wynona."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Egbert Souse posted:

Brooks and Dunn.

edit: Get platinum so I can PM you "BROOKS AND DUNN"

what is wynona

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
The Christmas movies are always so delightfully misguided because everyone who makes a Christmas movie has a radically different idea of what whimsy entails.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I always liked the one about the girl whose brother brings home a hot guy and she woos him by extolling the wonders of their all-electric home.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

drrockso20 posted:

Random thought I just had, if someone were to make a retro style video game based on MST3K, what kind of game would you want it to be?

Hard Mode: can't be a point and click adventure game(feels too obvious a choice)

I'm vaguely hoping for a MST3k pinball machine.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

ja2ke posted:

Yes this is a good idea. Unlocking the 8 doors seems obvious and great.

There could be a Space Mutiny mode where every time you hit a pop bumper, one of the nicknamed versions of the main character (BLAST HARDCHEESE!) pops up on the screen, but they're all slightly deformed.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Yeah I love the Mary Jo clone, I hope we see more of her next season.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

remusclaw posted:

Do you like Gypsy's new voice?

She feels underdeveloped, and the new Gypsy voice is just sort of plain. I understand the concerns about the old Gypsy voice but I loved her character in bits like the Lord of the Dance sketch, or her dancing at the end of Toobular Boobular. Her overall sci-fi element added a layer of offbeat weirdness that's missing from the revival, as well, there was something slightly discomforting about her that sold the show's vague menace.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

2DCAT posted:

I assumed the live shows were going to be setup like cinematic titanic with 5 trillion people onstage so i decided not to buy tickets. will suck if it ends up only being 3 people and i miss out now lol

I'd love to see a parody of Cinematic Titanic where there's like two hundred people jostling and yelling

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I went along with my girlfriend's fellow Geology grad students to watch the Core...

My geologist dad loves The Core, and thinks it's one of the funniest movies ever made (it is).

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

McSpanky posted:

I was a geo major and had a lot of acquaintances in different STEM areas throughout the late 90s-2000s, sci-nerd riffing was something approaching the professional pastime during that wave of mega-disaster movies. It was magnificent. A double billing of The Core and The Day After Tomorrow almost killed my friends.

The Core is a perfect storm of magical dumbness, it's really wonderful.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Arivia posted:

What was going on with all those jokes about the lawyer being a baby in the Christmas episode? I felt like I missed the setup really early on.

The guy who plays the lawyer wrote the movie, so the joke is he wrote it to live out his own childish fantasy.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Avalanche, Starcrash, Wizards II, and Christmas are definitely the top episodes for me, and probably the only ones I'll actively revisit.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
It's amazing that Hamlet came right in the middle of the tenth and best season.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

precision posted:

What one episode has everyone watched the most?

Aside from some obvious picks like Mitchell, for some reason I love The Beatniks so much.

Almost certainly Jack Frost.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

precision posted:

"Comin' up on your mudflaps little buddy"
"Ewwwwww!"

"Sam, my papers seem to have exploded..."

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Yeah, my one gripe about the wide format is that they probably won't be picking any movies that are in 4:3 or haven't had a restoration, which is definitely limiting.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
The flying Tom gags feel overworked, and the singing is way less funny when they all sing at the same time.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
The riffs being separately recorded and stitched together really hurts the new season.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
FEWD!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I really enjoy Jack Frost, it's a good fairy tale movie and has fun visuals.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The moment in Overdrawn at tge Memory Bank where someone suggests trying something, and Crow just loses it in a fit of rage, is still one of my favorite MST3K moments ever.

"YEAH! LET'S TRY THAT!! YAY! WHEE!" :v:

"hold on I'm...passing a ham through my...left ventricle..."

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

"Who is Wynona??"

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
"This is gonna happen when you serve tuna wiggle for lunch" is such a quality riff

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Sometimes when I see a round hill my brain delivers unto me the cut-out diagram from This Island Earth of the underground bunker and Tom Servo saying "it's filled with pudding", which I'm only 85% sure is actually something that happened.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Bicyclops posted:

What always cracks me up is that the corporate leader guy who gets owned by being anteater doppled at the end of the movie was obviously cast so that they could do "the Fat Man" reference from Casablanca, but instead of casting something with the charismatic elan of Sydney Greenstreet, they just found some guy who was kind of heavy who seems only capable of producing speech that sounds like "ARGLEBARGLE!"

"Can someone turn off the rotating fat guy?"

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
"Mother home yet?"
"No."
"Means another cold supper, I suppose"
"Vodka sandwiches!"

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Is it weird that I find "I Accuse My Parents!" to be a legitimately suspenseful film?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Jet Jaguar posted:

Every time one of the apartment doors in I Accuse My Parents, Mike & the bots quack because there's a painting of a duck on the wall behind.

Distracts me from how dumb Jimmy is, even if he did win that essay contest.

"And then my grandmother said to Churchill, 'what about a lend-lease agreement?'"

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
The rest of the singing isn’t as funny but:

“He failed to bring back the sampo!”
“Sampo!”

made me laugh really hard.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
"Hey, she's dead!"

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
"That really squares my breasts" and the bots getting upset about the robot head over the door at the end both crack me up.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

PostNouveau posted:

Y'all got me googling for the most obscure reference, and apparently, in Gamera Vs. Guiron there's a joke about Mike Nelson's girlfriend leaving him and stealing his keyboard on her way out, a joke that only friends of Mike Nelson would get.

Ah, the 2.53782789e-9 Percent Joke

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
There was a Grape Nuts commercial in which someone thought the mom was the daughter (who, for some reason, was called "Dale") because she was so skinny (from pooping her guts out eating Grape Nuts, presumably), which the writers thought was an Ivory Soap commerical, the implication being that the mom's hands were so smooth that they were confused with her daughter's.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Dixville posted:

The touch of satan

♫ this song ♫
♫ is in ♫
♫ the public ♫
♫ domain ♫
♫ that's why ♫
♫ we used ♫
♫ it twice ♫

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
WARWILF!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
They're either hilariously self-serious, like in the Centron shorts, or they're flinging themselves into a bizarre concept.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
My patent papers are at a slight angle, Sam.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Edward Mass posted:

How would they deal with the issue of it being in 4:3?

Crow's neck rusts and they have to sit closer to the center of the frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Barbara! BARBARA! BARBARA! BARBARA!!