Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

WhiteHowler posted:

There is nothing enjoyable about RollerGator, even with Rifftrax trying its hardest to make it funny. It's my only truly regrettable Rifftrax purchase.

I managed to watch it in one sitting, somehow, which is more than I can say about Monster-A-Go-Go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Diabolik is such a good finale. The new show better have one Hell of an opener.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I grew up on the Sci-Fi episodes, so I tend to prefer Mike's episodes. Joel has Pod People and Mitchell, though, and the riffs in those two are loving amazing. I like season one a lot, too, because I like seeing the show figure itself out.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Burkion posted:

Space Travelers might be one of the most boring movies MST3K ever tackled

I watched it the other day purely for Gregory Peck. He wasn't worth it.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Gavok posted:

I ended up ordering the Amazing Colossal Episode Guide out of nostalgia and hype. I really wish they'd release an update for that. They basically wrote entries for it with the Sci-Fi Channel's website and all that's left is entries for season seven.

Are the Sci-Fi Channel episode write-ups still available online anywhere?

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/aceg/index.html

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Corek posted:

Is there a full spoiler list of the episodes anywhere?

https://mst3k.vhx.tv/products/experiment085 has the movie titles and episode descriptions, complete with guest stars' names.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I really enjoyed the premiere. It felt like the old show. I like the new door sequence.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I hope they release the band's versions of old songs somewhere. I'd buy it.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Antiquated Pants posted:

I like the intro, I just wish they mixed the audio so music didn't drown out the lyrics. Does anyone else have that issue?

When Kinga first starts singing, yeah, but otherwise it's fine.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

mateo360 posted:

Watching The Time Travelers. Being a Power Rangers fan I am glad the robots that Jonah keeps introducing are all made from the Playskool Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Megazord.

haha, I thought they looked like the old Megazord.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

please, God, let them start doing specials where they riff on clips of Netflix originals. I'd actually watch part of those Adam Sandler films.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

2DCAT posted:

There was a "piled high" riff in there and I couldn't help but think of the old Doobie

If I knew how to Photoshop stuff, I'd put the shadowrama over that picture of the doobie dogs flying into heaven

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Carnival Magic is incomprehensible.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

It's uncomfortably close to Rollergator, isn't it?

It really really is.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

At the Earth's Core is basically a third Peter Cushing Dr. Who movie.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Burkion posted:

Can't be

Daleks aren't the main characters

haha, good point.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I think Mike is pretty focused on his own stuff with Rifftrax, but I bet that if Joel talks to him the right way about it, and is willing to pay him the right amount, they could get him to come back to write for and act in an episode for old time's sake, which is really all that I want. I know Joel is kind of resistant to playing Joel Robinson these days, but maybe just for one, short host segment and the shadowrama riffing that follows it. A 30th anniversary special.

Yeah, I kind of hope for the 30th, we can get Joel, J. Elvis, and Trace as Joel and the bots, and Mike, Kevin and Bill as Mike and the bots. Then a filled Shadowrama for at least one segment. It'd be a mess, but fun.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

My wife's dad died this weekend, and she had fond memories of watching MST3K with him as a kid, so I'm showing her the new show now. She really liked Reptilicus. We're winding down a bad weekend with cheesy movies and robot pals.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Powered Descent posted:

I don't think anyone's ever publicly gone into gory detail, but here's what Joel had to say in 1999:

archive.org link, since it looks like the original page has been gone for years: https://web.archive.org/web/20060106045148/http://avclub.com/content/node/23008 Another interesting tidbit from that interview: a possible early appearance of the "liquid video" concept.

http://www.avclub.com/article/joel-hodgson-13595
here's the article, it's still up.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

The Ape of Naples posted:

It's pretty much the same.
Also, watch some rifftrax.

Watch Rollergator. I need others to share my pain.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Wait, are some of the Rifftrax free on Prime?

Hmmm......

a lot of them. I just watched Catwomen of the Moon, riffed by Mary Jo and Bridget, and it was a good one.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Lowtax is talking poo poo about Joel to Jonah on Twitter. I don't know what to make of this.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Hopefully they can keep him from saying "Joel stinks because he was mean to my best friend, Mike."

Yeah, that was super weird.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Neil Patrick Harris. He, like Servo, loves to sing.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I appreciate that they're keeping the commercial breaks intact so I won't miss as much if I need to leave my living room for a minute.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Timby posted:

It's not just Fox. Viacom pulled just about all of its programming from all streaming services back in February / March, and CBS is moving things over to its All Access service as contracts expire.

I'm gonna die when Cheers and Frasier aren't streaming anywhere but All Access. I hate All Access, but Cheers and Frasier play on a loop in my household.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Jack Frost is a legit good movie

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

ringu0 posted:

A wild theory: Joel will announce a new season at the end of the upcoming Turkey Day Marathon

That's what I'm expecting.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

Personally I think Chicken of Tomorrow is the best short, as cliche as that is to say, it just has so many good gags, plus the underlying short is actually kinda interesting in it's own right

I ran across MST3K when I was like 8 years old, and it was "Chicken of Tomorrow" that I first saw. So, yeah, it sold me on the show instantly.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I knew when Shout released a special edition of Mac and Me that it was gonna be an episode.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

I liked Crow complaining about the Bots' continuity and implying that there is, in fact, a Crow and Tom still living with Mike in suburban Minnesota just off the busline.

I still hope we'll get a special or something with Joel and Trace-Crow/J. Elvis-Tom & Mike and Bill-Crow/Kevin-Tom at some point.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

The new show is/was fun, and I'll miss it. I hope it gets picked up elsewhere.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Someone please explain The Touch of Satan to me.

Why did one sister get old and insane? Why did the other stay young until she had sex? Who is The Fish, and why does he live there??

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

He's gonna start flinging it any minute now!

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Just bought the Shout Factory edition of The Movie the other day. Man, I wish the deleted scenes existed in better quality. I'd love a proper director's cut.

It's also so cool to see this era, Mike, Trace, and Kevin, in high definition.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Where does Squirm fit into the pantheon of 'this movie is actually okay, considering' for people?

I have the Scream Factory edition of the movie; it's pretty fun on its own. I love a low budget redneck horror movie, though.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

ixnay posted:

MST3K is doing a fundraiser for a native american organization in Minneapolis that was damaged during protests.

https://mst3k.org/2020/07/21/support-migizi/

Of note:

Neat. Definitely for a good cause, too.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I just watched The Creeping Terror for the first time, and Good God, that has to be a top five worst for MST3K. That movie is just awful.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Pershing posted:

Do we know anything about Joel's personal life? Has he been married, had kids, etc.?

he made some robot friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I hope they let the hosts sing the theme again this season