Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I got extremely mad when they pulled X-Files, but I've seen all the good seasons at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Minneapolis show #1 in 39 minutes!!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Live show is very fun. I struggled a bit to stay awake through both shows (like 5 hours of riffing) but the mystery movie is so so good.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Oh yeah and Har Mar Superstar was there to sing the theme song!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

"starring Adam West"

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the saddest part is, not only are there people who unironically agree with you, you might not even be posting this as a joke

I think revealing the title of the secret movie, perhaps, maybe, indicates that it was a joke

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

business hammocks posted:

I thought it was pretty well known that Mallon was an exploitative creep responsible for robbing the others of royalties.

This is the first I’ve heard of him being involved with anything related to MST3K since he sold his portion of the rights, though. I thought he had sworn off tv to become a grief counselor.

Those photos are from 2008.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

Well, when your most famous roles were filmed in Minnesota by Minnesotans, you're not going to have a big head.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

TerminalSaint posted:

The Beast of Hollow Mountain was a decent western up until the whole dinosaur thing.

and then it became incredible

The Painted Hills is a decent movie, but really dark for a Lassie joint.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Check out Pleasance in Leprechaun 4.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Simplex posted:

I stopped watching the show when it moved to SciFi, and to this day I still prefer the Comedy Central episodes. Bad movies from the 50s and 60s are definitely in my wheelhouse, but those later seasons are far more reliant on contemporary movies.

the newer movies make me less sleepy so I tend to like the later seasons better

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I should clarify that those glaring moments aren’t Mike literally stumping for Trump or calling someone a snowflake or anything remotely like that. They’re just little moments where he’ll laugh at or make a joke about something particular and you can pretty easily infer what his actual thoughts on it are. The only thing he gets really blunt about is the RP1 main character’s two-page thoughts on religion.

The atheist screed in RP1 is loving horrible and I found nothing wrong with Mike's reactions to it, as a non-religious person

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Also Mike does a podcast about christianity with a pastor from his church if you really want to get into the guy's head before you make more posts about him

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Unironically interested in this tbh, thank you. I can Google it later, but if you have a link that'd be cool.

https://liketreeswalkingpod.com/

I haven't listened to it but they mentioned it on 372 Pages a couple times and did a joint live show in Minneapolis last month.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Again, he has a podcast discussing philosophy and religion with a pastor at his church that he attends regularly

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Where was this "revival league" message posted and why didn't I receive it?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

If Joel is riffing at the live shows, how much do you want to bet his character returns in season 12?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Got tix to the minneapolis show!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

A lot of kids were at the show I went to last year so it's probably a good move.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Half (or more) of the dialogue in Rollergator is inaudible as well.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I vote for It Conquered the World. That movie is almost good.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Ruined? No, not ruined. For you see, he learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature, and because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned too late for himself that men have to find their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And when men seek such perfection, they find only death... fire... loss... disillusionment... the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to the toil and misery, but it can't be given, it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from Man himself.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I watched Touch of Satan for the first time last night. Jesus.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Hogama posted:

Stop it.

This is where the fish lives.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Minneapolis shows tonight!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I've been watching season 9 episodes lately and you can usually see Mike's headset

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Why is Pearl on there twice, and why is Trumpy on there rather than Torgo or Ortega?

Also I don't recognize the lady above and to the right of Servo.

the lady above and to the right of Servo is a new character they introduced on the tour who I assume will be in season 12

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, but at least during The Brain, the new character showed up as a guest during one of the segments. It felt kind of weird, to be honest, I hope they do better with her on the show.

yep, she came out and did pretty much the same thing during Deathstalker, and I agree

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

New season was pretty nice. I like that they are including more of the crew in the riffs and the host segments, but most of the Growler, Waverly, and Phibes stuff has fallen flat for me so far. Killer Fish was my least favorite episode, mostly because Growler's interruptions just weren't funny. Maybe it's just that the new characters don't have 30 years of history like Tom, Crow, and Gypsy.

Re: Mike's politics, I'm not even convinced that he's that much of a conservative at this point. As far as I know he hasn't discussed it publicly since that interview from years ago.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

That was very poorly conveyed because I saw the valve but I had no idea if that was supposed to be what sank the boat.

I swear they showed a fish bite the raft too. It's funny that Patton's favorites are the ones I found least interesting. It was only 6 episodes though, so I guess there was a decent chance of that occurring.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

oh yeah, so the live tour that just happened takes place after season 12?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I bought Setting Up A Room after the discussion a page or two ago...

IT'S A HALF HOUR LONG?! :psyduck:

it's worth every frame

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

they can riff things that are good

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

what's the deal with crow's arms in the theater?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Alan Silvestri did the music for Mac & Me. Which is why it sounds like BTTF.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

Makes sense!

I got a pirate copy of season one from someone years ago, so I'm making my way through that now. Is it weird that I'm actually kind of enjoying the awful Captain Cody serial?

if you're enjoying season 1, you will love this show

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Paul Chaplin was really funny. He also gave us "there's a girl on the roof/and she thinks she's a cat" etc. I wonder where he got off to.

I think he's still in Minneapolis

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Quadruple bypass. God drat. Glad Frank is alive.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Clouseau posted:

Yeah that one has definitely not aged well.

What were the bad jokes? I only remember the shroud of David Schwimmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Another Bill posted:

Speaking of jokes that age badly, in The Sorcerer and the Sword a woman says "you are the source, you are the power" and Bill riffs 'that's what I said when I met Jared from Subway'

:chloe:

Rifftrax did a live show riffing sharknado 2 (which features a subway jared cameo) like, days after the jared news broke