Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Timby posted:

MST3K Live, Joel's Final Tour, is coming to Madison, WI.

An old college friend bought me a ticket.

:woop:

I'm really hoping these get recorded like the CT live shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

rydiafan posted:

Just saw the live show. It's pretty good. They went very puppet-heavy. Like full body Crow riding a unicycle stuff.

Which show did you see, the death circus one or the martial arts one?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Barry Mahon also directed The Wonderful Land of Oz, starring his son Chan. And there's a Rifftrax of Oz and it's terribly glorious.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Angry_Ed posted:

Today I learned that Miguel Angel Fuentes, better known to MST3K viewers as Vadinho from Pumaman, also had a one-scene role in a Charles Bronson movie wherein...well...

He also had a bit part in Deathstalker as one of the princess's guards in the boat scene.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Every time someone refers to their spouse as "the wife" I hear Tom Servo say "boy, the wife will be awfully glad to see the me."

"We're going to have the sex!"

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

You can throw things through Dad! I'm gonna get an anvil.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Maybe they can have white rice later!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Does the uncut version ever explain who Melissa's "parents" really are?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

Out of the Netflix seasons the episode I come back to the most is Avalanche.

Mine is the wizards of the Lost kingdom duo. I've tried looking for the Rifftrax :filez: but I haven't had any luck.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

ROWSDOWER
SAVES US
AND SAVES ALL
THE WOOORRRRLLLDDD

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Crow: ♪♫ We're on the r-o-a-a-a-d to nowhere ♪♫
Servo: I'll say.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Bootleg Trunks posted:

More embarrassing than The Magic Sword?

Yes. There's an "action" scene at the end where he's kinda flailing around and the bedsheet ghost seems to be patting him to death.

Sash! posted:

Back in college, I picked up a movie to make fun of with friends specifically because it had Lee and Cushing plus TELLY SAVALAS.

Turns out that for a cheap foreign horror film, Horror Express is pretty good.

There's a Rifftrax of this and it's one of my favorites.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I have a hard time watching the riff for Overdrawn because it's really watchable. That and the neverending fat jokes for the chairman. C'mon guys, think up some more jokes.

Tom Wolfe!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

It's been almost an hour and nothing has happened.

Same guy also did Killers from Space which explains why that movie is awful too.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Long wait on the woody joke, wow.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Taint and Scrotum! They're cops!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Simplex posted:

I think Village of the Giants is meant to be a goofy family comedy along the same lines of The Nutty Professor or The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes. It's just Bert I. Gordon is not a good filmmaker, there are no jokes, and the teenagers are way too malicious and not played for comedy enough.

Tormented is way better than it has any right to be and I think that's because Bert's daughter was one hell of a child actor.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Elon on the moon. How did he get there?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

verbal enema posted:

12 To The Moon

No. It's pretty awesome and kind of progressive considering. Even has some proto-Big McLargehuge riffs. Plus the actor who plays the scientist with a Nazi dad is also the rich guy who bankrolls the greasy psychic in the She Creature.

My contender for worst is fire maidens of outer space. The host segments save the day on that one.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

bees x1000 posted:

I kinda like Stranded in Space tbh

Me too. I understand why it wasn't picked up as a series--I mean how many "oops I almost made it home" plots can a series have before it wears out its welcome--but the worldbuilding's kind of neat and Cameron Mitchell kind of sells it.

Julet Esqu posted:

I saw Kitten With a Whip unMSTed before I saw the MSTed version and I remember unironic enjoyment.

Kitten with a Whip is one of the very few episodes that I can't watch, mostly because of how dumb the main character is. He's given chance after chance to resolve his Jody problem without a hint of scandal and botches it every time.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Later, in tinkly-winkly pixie wixie land...

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

bees x1000 posted:

Y'know I think the main cast of It Conquered The World actually does a great job. When Beverly Garland is raging at the balloon crab, I feel it.

She's a terrific actor. Swamp Diamonds is so much better with her in it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh boy, I hadn't seen Tormented before and god drat this movie was rough.

How so? I'm genuinely curious. I think it's the best of the Bert I. Gordon films that they did.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I dunno, the tone of the movie was somehow extremely grim and pretty dark especially considering when it was made. It was less of a "lol what a cheesy piece of crap" and more "oof, this loving movie".

Aha. TBH I have your reaction when I watch The Magic Sword, both the MST3K and the Rifftrax versions.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

RiffTrax also did Galaxy Invader, the film FVI swiped the footage of for Pod People's opening.

That movie is sure something else.

Cinematic Titanic did another Don Dohler film, Alien Factor. Both films are highly watchable without riffs and I recommend tracking down the rest of the Dohlerverse if you're into low budget scifi-horror movies.

"I would give every last dollar in my checking account to watch THIS family play Scrabble."

I'm touching it. I'M TOUCHING YOUR DEH-ESK.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I still have no idea why they had the members of the dig team in Werewolf be Russians. Neither actor can pull off the accent and the plot never explains it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I admit, I want a riff of Hobgoblins without all the homophobic jokes.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

verbal enema posted:

so iiiiii noticed im the only cat who quotes Fugitive Alien 1 and 2

why!!! that is like the best duo movie!

only other one is Master Ninja Eye and Master Ninja 2 so its got some serious competition but no poo poo Fugitive Alien fukkin OWNS

Fugitive Alien 2 was one of the first MST3Ks I saw and the first one ended up being one of the last. The medley sketch in the second movie is probably one of my favorite musical numbers. If I could find the original TV series subtitled anywhere, I'd watch it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Good thing methane rises.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Action Jacktion posted:

Doctor Mordrid with Jeffrey Combs, another Full Moon Charles Band picture. It was supposed to be a Dr. Strange movie but they lost the rights so they made a legally distinct new character.

YES. I will watch Jeffrey Combs in anything.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Writer and artist Josh Way, who has a couple of Rifftrax credits, riffs educational as well as animated shorts on his YouTube channel. The old Lone Danger series is hilarious.

https://m.youtube.com/user/romeorhino

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Dungeon Ecology posted:

the child character i like least is from Wizards of the Lost Kingdom II. He looks like the kid you would cast to be a middle school bully, and he whines his way through the entire film

Fun fact! His wizard "instructor" is Digger Smolkin.

But yeah I can't stand that little twerp. Could've been a fun campy fantasy movie if the child lead actually had talent.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

My favorite part of the episode is when Little Richard does his song and nobody in the theater makes fun of Little Richard's singing. Being high on the goofballs, fair game. I like how when movies have actual talented musical acts in them, like The Platters in Girls Town, they don't make fun of the singing.

And Little Richard's song in Catalina Caper is about the only part of that thing I can stand to watch nowadays.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

ja2ke posted:

This might be a dumb question but if I missed the livestream but bought the season pass… can I watch the episode on demand? I can’t find it anywhere in the app/vhx site, just the 30 second trailer.

Came here to ask the very same thing.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Has the rewatch for Robot Wars been released yet?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

The Dead Talk Back. It's weirdly watchable and the riffs click.

"I'm not a medium."
"I'm a petite!"

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I really want to see the original cut of The Touch of Satan because every time I watch the MST3K version I try to figure out Luther and Molly's deal and it bugs me that it's not spelled out. Are they Melissa's descendants? Random people "called" to the farm? What?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Why are Natalie and Yuri even Russian anyway? Their accents suck and there's no plot reason for them to be Russian. Why not make them from the southeast and Mexico which is where the actors are from?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

To be honest if they did a Kickstarter every year to raise money for an upcoming season, I would back it every single year. The RiffTrax live show Kickstarters are basically printing money because (IMO) it's not so much people want to see whatever movie it is, they want extra goodies from RiffTrax or Kevin Murphy to sing them a theme song or whatever and they're willing to pay a premium for it. Joel needs to learn how to milk the whales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

flatluigi posted:

i have no idea who that is but i assume the other poster just meant 'people with lots of disposable money' as is usual instead of somebody they could actually, like, name

I spend a lot of money on MST3K and its numerous offspring and I'm not afraid to admit it. :colbert: and it's not just for the video content they produce, it's for the other events and trinkets and doodads and whatever.

It's me, I'm the whale.

Shwales!

EDIT: some of season 13's high level business backers like the folks who created Bendy and BearManor Media got ad spots during the show.

I brought my Drake fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 7, 2022