Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
I have way too much love for The Girl in Gold Boots. It was nice to see a sci-fi channel era episode that wasn't a sci fi movie. The fact that it was so poorly made is just a bonus.

"There goes-"
"You can say that a-!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
They have 13 hours to drive from Torrance to Long Beach?

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Doltos posted:

The Deathstalkers are so great for cheesy watching. Red Letter Media didn't appreciate it enough when they put it on best of the worst.

Deathstalker 2 is kind of the odd man out of the bunch because it's more of a self-aware comedy, while the rest seem to play it more or less straight.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Mr. Fowl posted:

Yes, I believe so. Also, I must emphasize, I am not exaggerating: The hero's call to action is his sister, whom he has always wanted to gently caress, getting kidnapped. He finds out the day before she is nabbed that he was adopted so he gets his parents' blessing to get together. It is a wild flick.

This just makes me think The Beastmaster would be the perfect MST3k film, but the rights are probably too expensive.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Where would the songs fall? I've had 'Toobular Boobular' on my playlist for decades.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

tankadillo posted:

People who have seen Mac and Me in its original form: did they make significant cuts for the MST3K version, or was the editing really that choppy? It felt like the whole thing just bounced from one scene to the next with no attempt at transitions or continuity.

I got that feeling too. During the escape at the mall, a girl shows up driving the van, whom I guess is supposed to be the older brothers girlfriend? And I swore we'd never seen her before in the movie.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Jet Jaguar posted:

Buz doesn't get enough credit for his teleportation in Girl in Gold Boots.

You can say that a

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

Also bizarrely racist when they have a seance and you hear someone shouting "CHING CHONG" like stuff and Batwoman says it is Chinese.

"Please God, cut away to anything, please!"

"You know, that may not really be Chinese.."

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Paper Kaiju posted:

The Starfighters doesn't directly reference the Cold War, but it is essentially a Cold War-era Air Force recruitment film masquerading as a feature film.

The Violent Years is a teen delinquency-scare film with the second act twist that the delinquents are unknowingly working for Russian spies, so that sort of counts.

Can't thing of anything as blatant as the Rocket Attack and Invasion USAs, though.

Between the Violent Years, High School Big Shot, I Accuse My Parents, Teenage Crime Wave and others I'm probably forgetting, I wonder what the hell was going on in the fifties that made parents so terrified of their children.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

We like it very much.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

How about Laserblast?

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Think of my family in Latvia!

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

flatluigi posted:

when you say 're-splice in removed scenes' does that include the rape scenes that were taken out of at least one episode (I can't recall which)

Sidehackers hasn't been released as far as I know, but the nudity in Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell and The Beast of Yucca Flats has been restored in all it's gratuitous glory.

The latter film being especially gratuitous in a way only Coleman Francis could manage.

SolarFire2 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 5, 2019

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

I wonder if there's beer on Netflix..

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Also they had to do the recording around the schedules of the participants, who are all working actors and comedians. It makes it a little bit rushed.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

HungryMedusa posted:

The first time I saw Horrors of Spider Island I was like WTF is this? I ended up watching it again randomly while I painted my living room and drat, now it is firmly in my rotation.

Gary! Gaaaaaary! GARY! Gaaary!

I sometimes use the name Bob Boxbody on other forums and gaming platforms.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"Norman, the loons! Kill them!"

Also: "Ivanushka...!" "Are you freaking out yet?"

Edit: One more: "Every time I come close to not hating him, I see those feet on the side of the van."

SolarFire2 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 23, 2020

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

It took seeing The Brute Man on MST3K years later that I realized the main goon in The Rocketeer is based on Rondo Hatton. As a bonus, he even kills a guy by breaking his back.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

PACKERS WOOO!

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Dixville posted:

Most annoying characters? I like this YouTube, makes a pretty good case
"Cabot!" Guy is probably my most annoying character

I nominate Alien from LA.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Or he'll steal your lunch!

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

TVs Ian posted:

several bits from Austin Powers (notably the pee scene),

The 'Nooooo!' scene will always slay me.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

I vote for one of the sword and sandals movies like Outlaw or Warriors from Hell, "This is the most ambitiously bad movie we've ever seen."

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

She opened her syntho-flavo door.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Dark Elves in Asgard... How did they get there?

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

I'm not a resident of the city of San Clemente, but if I were, I know who'd get my vote for City Council!

Only if the the first H is silent, of course.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

I Am Fowl posted:

One cool thing about MST3K is learning about all the regional folkloric strong guys. You got Maciste in Hercules against the Moon Men, Lemminkainen in The Day the Earth Froze, Ilya Muromets in the Sword and the Dragon...

It makes me think we need a version of Every Country Has a Monster but for Regional Folkloric Strong Guys.

Don't forget Samson/El Santo!

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Bootleg Trunks posted:

rewatching Deathstalker and the Warriors of hell because trumps ambassador to Denmark is the princess in it.

absolutely baffled by the villains choice of line delivery.

Also, it's hard to look menacing when you're dressed like Maude.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Dawgstar posted:

They don't call me 'Carl' for nothing.

drat you, CARL!

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

So, what's everyone's favorite musical bit? Mine are Train Song and Super-cala-fragilistic-expiala-wacky.

Toobular Boobular.

"Is it gluteal maximal, tushital crackular;
Bun-ular morning 'til night?"

SolarFire2 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 20, 2021

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The Uzbekistani Tracy and Hepburn!

Think of my family in Latvia!

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Mister Kingdom posted:

People say "rack" to me a lot!

Sir, the cue. The cue sir! ... You'll have to pay for the cue.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Speaking of local references, I'm guessing 'A dish to pass' and 'potatoes or stuffing' are Midwestern things. Where I come from, you can have all the potatoes and stuffing you want.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

What's this 'and the rest' crap?

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"Oh! I'm VERY vulnerable there! Oof there go the piano lessons! Agh I can't remember my Dad."

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

And now, a moment of silence for booze gone by.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

I'm Bob Boxbody.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Aw, the Bronx is something I should have left.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

You like Robert Denby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

Burkion posted:

Way too good a movie- and way too recent

What prompted that though?

Too recent? It's six years older than Werewolf!