Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Pick posted:

Half the time I don't know someone had a crush on me until years later, when someone else informs me. And it's always like, what?? No one told me this when it would have been helpful.

This one works both ways. Facebook has enabled a couple of women to let me know that, 'btw I had a total crush on you decades ago'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I think ladies smell nice and have a soft skin ;D

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784356

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

subhuman filth posted:

that may be true for you but there are a tooon of not-desperate women out there who enter relationships willingly and happily with guys who punch holes in walls, throw things during arguments, etc.

We had neighbors like that here. She hit him, and he punched holes in the doors and walls, and smashed things. They both yelled, and it would go on for hours. He said he was glad that she only beat on him with hammer fists.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Mr. 47 posted:

What the gently caress is the deal with the anime girl pillows?

Anime girl fuckbots don't exist, yet.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Salty Josh posted:

Fact is, don't bring up poo poo that people are insecure about whether it be freckles, missing limbs, big foreheads etc.

I think that Trump's little hands are a reasonable exception to this.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Mak0rz posted:

Holy poo poo

can I come over and stick it in you for a bit? I swear I won't be a burden. you won't even know I'm there haha!

And I'll do it respectfully!

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

ive never seen that business card thing before and im legit befuddled

It goes back to the Victorian(?) era in England, and was also practiced in the U.S.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

CrazyLoon posted:

I wonder how gay bar waiters (and waitresses for lesibans, if any like that are out there) feel and if it's in any way similar to this.

My friend was hired years ago at a gay bar, partly because she would look like the cutest boy in the room. She was irritated, but took the job.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Solar Tornado posted:

There is no way that post is sincere.

What is it with using scientific lingo and these guys? They talk like they're in some animal documentary or explaining a scientific procedure.

Autism. I'll bet a huge percentage of the incels are autistic, and literally have no comprehension of social cues, et cetera. They don't know that they're creepy, and probably have little or no comprehension of the phenomenon. I have an autistic relative (not an 'incel' as far as I know), who was amazed when he figured out that a couple of guys who were giving each other poo poo might be joking around. He had to ask them to be sure.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

Just a few years ago we were making fun of dollfuckers. Now goons are all "please just gently caress dolls, don't kill anyone".

We'll still make fun of them.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Slokir posted:

No fun allowed.
Seriously.

Has he realized yet that people on TV are laughing at him too?

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

radiatinglines posted:

I don't say those, but "cannot be bothered" is too good of an expression not to use

Saying "cannot", rather than "can't", makes this common expression British?

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

radiatinglines posted:

I've only heard British people say it either way

Sorry y'all are embarrassed for using a Brit phrase but no need to go into denial

Are you from some kind of hick place where people speak 'murican? It's very common. "Can't" is most common, followed by "can not", then "cannot". There's also "will not", "won't", "should not", "shouldn't", "would not", "wouldn't"... Nobody but a pretentious geek says "shall not", though. That's archaic or British sounding.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Y'all is hick.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

radiatinglines posted:

y'all is a great word

I actually like all y'all, but around here a lot of people would think you're trying to act Black if you use that one.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Google says https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Armstrong.

Flyball fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 12, 2016

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

From a previous AUG thread:

zoux posted:

So many of these dudes act like they are in some sort of masculinity cargo cult, where they sort of recognize the traditional signifiers of manhood but are unable to fully grasp or comprehend them so basically the strut around on a fake airstrip with bamboo fedoras hoping that one day Don Draper will be drawn back to their remote island and bestow upon them the secret of sex moves.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

poisonpill posted:

The real answer is that muscles are the single greatest fashion accessory a man can equip

No fashion accessory can help if you lack the right set of clavicles.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Tactical fanny pack. It just doesn't get any more badass than that.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

phasmid posted:

"Nice" people regardless of gender see their pets as immaculate and beautiful, rarely understanding that is just the way said pet appears to them. Your opinions on animals are wrong. Pays to remember that.

Yeah, I love my pets, but all pets are filthy by nature and take work.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Dis posted:

Yes, he probably just chills out in there reading "The Cell" or whatever.

While playing chess against himself, the only worthy opponent in his area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

dog buttz posted:

Sexual instincts and hormones are flooding their brain but they don't know what to actually do so they become aggressive towards females.

After following them around and making florid, pretentious hooting noises doesn't work.

• Locked thread