Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
My roommate wants to watch Central Intelligence starring Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart with me, but I don't have the heart to tell him that I don't want to spend two hours watching Central Intelligence starring Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart with him. How do I defuse this situation? I don't want to watch this movie.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
My roommate said "Are you ready to watch this move?" and I said "Yes, let's do it." How do I get myself out of this?

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Do you have a window to jump out off? And if so, is it safe to land? If not: Throw pillows on the ground and use a shopping bag as a parachute if it allows for a safe escape.

When asked what's the matter, quickly defuse the situation by saying that you'd rather jump out of a window than watching this movie, then proceed to doing so to prove your point.

<3 <3 Vanisher

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

literally this big posted:

My roommate said "Are you ready to watch this move?" and I said "Yes, let's do it." How do I get myself out of this?

just say nah i changed my mind or something idk. get busy?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pedantra

by Lowtax
just uh, do something else instead

----------------

SirJohnnyMcDonald

by exmarx
you gotta be assertive op

assertiveness is a good thing to have in your social repertoire. address your friend's needs while also actively advocating for your needs.

for example, op, acknowledge to your roommate your appreciation that he wants to spend time with you at the big screen film cinema but that you don't want to watch central intelligence starring dwayne the rock johnson and america's black friend kevin heart. suggest that instead you two should see a different film at the place or maybe do something else you both might enjoy partaking in on this fine evening. alternatively maybe just make a rain check for another night if you just don't want to chill with him atm.

be direct and honest in how you want to see your evening play out while still respecting his desire to spend time with you.

or just run out into slow moving traffic and spend the night at the ER instead it's up to you :)

----------------

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Smoke pot. Watch movie. Problem solved!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
so I watched Central Intelligence starring Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart with my roommate.

It wasn't very good but it was tolerable. The movie starts with a Naked Fat The Rock singing in the shower. The script was mostly shlock with a couple of good jokes. AMA

Also The Rock kind of looks like Obama.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Next time, the trick is to use your coat to make it seem like you're bigger than you really are. Don't approach your roomie. Just look big at a distance and make a lot of noise until he decides you're not worth the effort and goes to find someone else to watch Central Intelligence with. DO NOT PLAY DEAD. THIS DOES NOT WORK AND COULD POSSIBLY MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE THE TARGET AUDIENCE FOR CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

You simply need to offer to drive and then pretend to be lost for the next hour and a half.

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Maybe you could tell your roommate to meet you there and then not show up.

----------------

ghost emoji

oooOooOOOooh

so I watched Central Intelligence starring Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart with my roommate.

It wasn't very good but it was tolerable. The movie starts with a Naked Fat The Rock singing in the shower. The script was mostly shlock with a couple of good jokes. AMA

Also The Rock kind of looks like Obama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5GN90UiImo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this post and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this post, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the post and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this post or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Matoi Ryuko

Tell him you want to watch central intelligence tonight at 8pm, then leave the house before then, and call your roomate on the phone, and then explain to him why you don.t want to watch central intelligence.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
The classic "NO I DON'T WANT TO MAKE OUT WITH YOU, STEVE."

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Give him a note:

Do I want to watch Central Intelligence with you?

Yes [ ]
No [X]

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

ok this is important. do you know want to watch THE MOVIE with him, or do you not want to watch the movie WITH HIM?

Piso Mojado

kill him

DancingShade

by Fluffdaddy

I have a technique that relies on trust and your bond with your flatmate.

What you need to do is order a couple large pizzas, fizzy drinks and ice creams for dessert. Offer to shout the whole meal as a sign of how much you value your friendship.

After you finish the pizzas and start eating the ice creams this is your chance. Make eye contact and DO NOT BREAK IT. This is important.

Maintain eye contact, move slightly closer and lean forwards and whisper these words: "gently caress off dickhead"

----------------

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

1. Obtain ping pong ball.
2. Cut ping pong ball in half.
3. Decorate each half to look like open, human eyes.
4. Agree to watch whatever dumbass movies your roommate wants to watch with you. (he actually wants to gently caress you, not watch a movie)
5. Sit on couch, put on ping pong eyes.
6. Take an ambien.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

If you cant find a ping pong ball, googly eyes will work, but you have to work harder to sell the illusion.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

SirJohnnyMcDonald

by exmarx
uhhhh I don't get it? that's just some guy with his eyes open

----------------

SirJohnnyMcDonald

by exmarx
wait

wait

woah

----------------

deep dish peat moss

Why would you not want to watch "Central Intelligence" with Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart? I don't get it.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Imagine you're watching Doom starring Dwayne "the rock' Jhonson and kyle urban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Imagine you're watching Doom starring Dwayne "the rock' Jhonson and kyle urban

Good advice. We should have watched this instead.

• Locked thread