Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graceful Flop
Feb 1, 2014

Dive in.
Album Title: Single Step
Artist: Disko Dragonfruit
URL: https://diskodragonfruit.bandcamp.com/album/single-step-ep
Genre: Instrumental Trip Hop, Downtempo, maybe IDM I dunno?

My debut release, a short EP produced in a weekend. Enjoy. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm gonna throw my two cents out. I enjoyed listening to this in the background but when I sat down to really "listen" I just got a nagging feeling that I was listening to 4 minutes of the same couple loops. Maybe that's what you were going for? I'm not a boffin on it but when I hear Trip Hop I think of Massive Attack or Archive or similar. Repeating lines yeah but more hooks. I didn't really get that feeling from the EP.

Sorry to be a downer but it's chill music that's good for the background but the absence of something to really pull me in I thought it was a bit lackluster. Not bad, just not what I was expecting.

Also did you use Kontakt per chance? I swear I heard multiple presets and I don't know why but they just kind of stuck out.

• Locked thread