Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Relin posted:

when was the last time the republicans had a majority of governors, a majority of state legislatures, control of the house, senate, supreme court, and presidency?
2006, depending on whether you would consider the Supreme Court to be "Republican" at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

We haven't had a liberal court in like 40 years.
No, but lots of people convinced themselves in the early 2000s that the court was "evenly divided".

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that democrats will be winning presidential elections for the foreseeable future just based on demographics.
We're not there yet, and the Republicans only need to pick off about 20%-25% of the minority vote to get to a majority. All they have to do is shut up about how much they hate minorities for a while to get to that fairly easy target, even though it's difficult to see them doing that any time soon. But it's not an impossible change for them to find something else to focus their ire on in the next ten years or so.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Yep! Like, 5,000 delegates alone, not to mention guests and press and hangers on and security details that also would've been leaving at that time.

It was either a brilliant time to stage a walkout or a dumb one, I'm not actually sure
If you can't tell the difference between a political action and going to lunch, I don't think it could be considered a brilliant move.

Hell, if that's all it takes, I'm going to go on strike for a half hour today at noon. Maybe 45 minutes, depending on the line at the bagel shop. I'm sure a pay raise and better health benefits will be awaiting me upon my return.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Bast Relief posted:

So I'm not the only one! I am having THE stuuuuupidest argument with my bf right now. He claims the Hillary Hate machine has only been recent as of the last few years. He didn't even think it existed when she ran against Obama! When I bring up the 90s he just says I'm confused and it was Bill everyone was jumping on. No one cared about the First Lady. Now, he totally thinks the things said against her now are bonkers, and he's been a Hillary fan for this election the whole time. He swears I'm imagining things though. He has spent a few decades in Seattle though so maybe he's sheltered.
I'm sorry that your boyfriend is an idiot. Hillary has been hated by the national Republicans since 1991. In the last 25 years, she's had about a two week holiday from Republican hate at the end of the primary in 2008, when the Republicans were trying to stir the PUMA pot. But they couldn't even keep that up for very long.

• Locked thread