Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I wonder what the HD service is going to be like - is there a possibility of 4k streaming, like Netflix does, or is that something that gets tied up in streaming rights with the studios?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Egbert Souse posted:

I'd rather see higher bitrate 1080p than low bitrate 4K. Especially since a lot of the 4K masters like A Hard Day's Night and Blood Simple will look mushy without a bitrate to support the resolution.

Although, I've been impressed with the quality on Hulu compared to Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Oh, that's true. And yeah, the HD Criterions look very good on Hulu. I watched Week-End the other day on my dad's ridiculous giant 1080 tv and it was like seeing it in a cinema.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I'm amazed with the streaming quality - are they doing something different that Hulu wasn't?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
And if you have earlier Apple TVs you can airplay it from the app on your iphone, which works surprisingly well.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
It'd be neat to have, like, a "favorites" or "collection" page, so I could keep movies around handily without cluttering up my watchlist.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

TrixRabbi posted:

I do wish they would make it easier to categorize and seek out specific filmmakers, stars, movements, etc. Their spotlights are good, but they're not easily sortable. Plus, when I'm looking through the entire list of FilmStruck and Criterion Channel it'd be really nice to sort in ways other than alphabetical (say a dropdown list of tags like Neorealism, New Hollywood, specific directors, etc.) Right now it feels very much like a Wal-Mart DVD bin, scrounging around for whatever you can find.

A sortable list would be ideal, like what you see on Criterion's website - sort by director, year, length, genre, spine number, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Does anyone have a solution for the buffering problem because holy poo poo

• Locked thread