Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Detective No. 27 posted:

Any word if this will be coming to game consoles or Roku boxes?

This is my main concern. Right now I do all my streaming through a game console and its extremely convenient, I'd rather have to use a separate piece of equipment just for Filmstuck/Criterion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
There's no indication that its going to available through the PS4, which blows. Its on Amazon Fire TV, so maybe that means it'll eventually be available as a Prime add-on? This is what I was worried about, my whole setup is run through my PS4 and I don't feel like overhauling it just for one streaming service.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Detective No. 27 posted:

I might drop Marvel Unlimited for this, that's a great deal. But it's contingent on a PS4 app.

Is there any reason why they can't be more forthcoming about their plans for availability on certain platforms? They can't just say "We're working on a PS4 app right now and we hope to have everything worked out soon?", or "We have no immediate plans for the services to be available on PS4"?

If they say its probably happening and then it doesn't, would that really be the end of the world? I'd be disappointed but I'd still appreciate being kept in the loop.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
If its going to be available for Amazon Fire TV, does that mean there's a good chance there will also be an Amazon Prime add-on option? That's looking like my only shot at being able to get this service.

On the other hand, I'm moving to a new apartment in a few months so maybe I'll just take the opportunity to overhaul my streaming options. Maybe get rid of Hulu and Netflix and get Amazon Fire.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Every time I see a post in this thread I click on it hoping to see that an announcement's been made on the planned PS4 app. "Mid 2017" is kinda vague, they might have it ready by May 1st or we could be waiting until August.

• Locked thread