Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I didn't get the beta invite. :cry:

This is going to be awesome. Turner Classic Movies and Criterion is a match made in heaven. The fact they got other great studios on board like Kino, Milestone, and Flicker Alley is even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Will it be available on Apple TV?

The one reason I didn't subscribe to the Warner Archive service was that it only worked with AirPlay from a device rather than direct, which is stupid.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I dropped Hulu last month since I wasn't watching much anyways, but $10.99 is an absolute steal.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

They're also going to have The Silence of the Lambs up for two weeks with the laserdisc/DVD commentary (the MGM discs have a different track).

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I wonder what the HD service is going to be like - is there a possibility of 4k streaming, like Netflix does, or is that something that gets tied up in streaming rights with the studios?

I'd rather see higher bitrate 1080p than low bitrate 4K. Especially since a lot of the 4K masters like A Hard Day's Night and Blood Simple will look mushy without a bitrate to support the resolution.

Although, I've been impressed with the quality on Hulu compared to Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

I watch a lot of stuff on YouTube on my phone, but stuff like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime have been strictly on my TV other than occasionally on my iPad.

The only movie I watched from start to finish on a mobile device was Mean Streets on my old iPod classic in glorious 240p resolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I was just about to sign up, but then I saw it requires a 4th gen Apple TV. :argh:

• Locked thread