Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

TI2 was all about how Chinese teams were poo poo and stuck in dota 1 and wouldn't be able to adapt to dynamic playstyle of teams like CLG or w/e

we literally have that gooniest orientalist post in memoriam of TI2 and the ascension of david gorman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

gangnam reference posted:

for the record ig was expected to do pretty well at ti2 idk what youre all smoking lol...pass it...haha..idk if id have called them favorites but theres a reason everyone thought equilibrium was a retard . . ..

idk, I just remember everyone talking about how chinese teams wouldn't be able to adapt or were outdated or were still getting used to dota 2 or w/e

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

gangnam reference posted:

Solid accusation of racism from the gooniest orientalist of them all, nicely wrapped in the sarcastic wit of a 5-star reddit post, but how about instead of comparing inarguably the best SEA dota 2 team with Mouz you try and justify MUFC, Orange, 0-2 iG (are you loving serious with this Valve), and Darer over any one of Mouz, mTw, Quantic, or ex-Quantic. Don't forget absolute "lost 21 of our last 29" Legends. Or gently caress, VP, if we're going by your ridiculously tortured standard of, "some (all) of their players were considered good in dota 1 two years ago when teams were playing for €1K EU in Farm4Fame something something pedigree something something." If you can see this as anything but a hilarious transparent grab at a market we've already established didn't even loving exist up until the TI invites went out I don't know what to tell you. One part cognitive dissonance, two parts desperately trying to curry favor with Valve, maybe. Your "casting career" isn't going anywhere, you don't need to bend over backwards to defend brazen incompetence.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Radical posted:

ti2 is actually hilarious to look back on because ixmike complexity and demon EG were both near the top of their groups and got blown the gently caress out by china immediately in the main stage games.

r i p hannahmontana

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

reminder that synderen has come in last place at like 4 out of 5 TIs

hes like crash davis

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

how me a frog posted:

I very much hope not, or at least that kacey or whatever that dunderheaded cow is called is not part of it.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

m e e p o

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Mineski looks good in SEA now too. Meracle finished his National Service and is playing with them at the moment (might only be temporary, don't think he's official yet?) and they picked up nb

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Meat Recital posted:

Is Dragon Lance stacking on melee heroes really a thing? That item needs a nerf so bad.

It's efficient but not that quite efficient - meepo is a weird exception because of stat sharing with clones

Majuju posted:

pfft y'all should just pack it in now

i'm winning i think

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Indefensible counterpoint: color blind mode looks really heinous and ugly, like, wow, just real bad. I am so glad that they stopped using it and I feel bad for the color blind folks but tbh I'm still trying to wager whether or not I feel bad enough for them to the point where I would want to see color blind mode used again. its real bad

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

skipThings posted:

the gently caress is your beef with the colors blue and orange ?

the colors used don't contrast well on the blue/cyan side and end up looking just pale and faded, are a little too neon or something on the pink/red side and it just clashes really hard with the rest of the game and looks weird, idk, it makes me feel like i'm playing HoN again where the game had a color palette designed by someone with no eyeballs

intellectually i have no problem with broadcasting in colorblind mode and it should probably happen, but in my heart it is really annoying and I never want to see it again

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Zurreco posted:

Can we just make it where Dire heroes have to be from Dire lore and vice versa?

you know how we have all pick
its because normal pick was this

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Ah, wings, another practitioner of the typical clinical eastern approach

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

wings, my goodness.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Three teams from my precious SEA region in the top 8 this year, wonderful....

Really looking forward to what the Post TI SEA scene is like because there's a couple of really great players and teams that missed out on TI6 for various reasons

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

El Golden Goose posted:

Lich ult ministunning before the projectile hits is still stupid

The hero desperately needs it

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Canopus250 posted:

Yeah I guess. Well that sure was not at all the least bit creepy.

dicks assassin posted:

is it a thing that every cosplayer has to be a woman

Centzon Totochtin posted:

are there seriously no dudes or are there separate contests

lots of parts of fandom, especially creative endeavors like fanfics & cosplay are predominantly female even when the fandom itself isn't, and guys are more collectors and archivists, in general speaking, which is why like 85% of people who edit wikis are guys

sorry?

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Kaglicious posted:

What music is that with wisp beep boops in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pTUsqslXHc

this guy's stuff. They used his witch doctor song too

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

*in a wings voice* draft loss

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

good heavens

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Knowlue posted:

he also bought a plane ticket without being invited to the Summit so they were sort of forced to invite him

is this actually true, i did not know this

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

also, i sort of hate how just about every analyst, fan etc. has been functionally talking about this as 'is DC or EG going to win TI6' and its like, of the three teams left, only one of them is even guaranteed to be in the Grand Final??? There's a third team at TI today, honest

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Peanut President posted:

~THE PANEL~ has been treating this as though Wings has already won and DC/EG are just winning the honor of having their dick stomped.

no? they talked about the cinderella story of DC or the chance of a repeat champion in EG

but if you're talking about actual Cinderella story, Wings is all first time TI attendees who were nowhere last year p. much

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

He's a terrible dota player who got on a team riding Sumails ti win coattails and an even terribler person and I hope he gets disowned from his family and ends up homeless

he's a middle of the road nadota player and his personality is indistinguishable from like 20 other guys in ixdl, and your stupid grudge because you only heard about him after TI5 is some dumb construction

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Andrast posted:

and yet he is still terrible.

hes no tralf

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

HagridOfTheLibrary posted:

That's the game folks. EG vs Wingz!

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

also being educated is nice :)

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

i am sad that raindrops need to be nerfed but they really do.... i like the way they feel and work on roaming supports and some folks like sand king and centaur and stuff who want to survive a burst after they initiate early on, and also need mana, but not enough to invest seriously in a mana item... crix with tranqs and raindrops is really nifty especially

but they are really just too big of a problem for any hero like lina or puck or w/e and are probably Bad For The Game, but idk

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

I don't know why Rupture needs that buff, given that anyone who is ruptured is 98% guaranteed to be stuck in a choice where they either take Rupture damage or right-click damage from the guy who cast it. I've never seen any situation where it benefitted the recipient to run away, especially since that'll just result in minimap awareness and a faster bloodshitter.

sometimes moving out of blood rite or under a tower or to your team is an option, it just tilts that evaluation slightly more in stryg's favor but no it's not going to make him meta or we

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

he's from singapore

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

hey since we're all talking about the rich lore of Newerth who wants to check out SAVAGE RESURRECTION

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

I mean putting aside The Hats, TF2 actually did an astonishing job creating characters from classes that were just about right for the game. It was really good art design and direction

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/meracleeeee/status/769731804089626624

SEA supremacy is here

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

A lot of really exciting new SEA lineups too, so i am excited

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

https://www.twitch.tv/mineskitv if you want ~hype~ a working broadcast

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

i've never seen a sand king get read so hard

Twice, his Blink Burrows have been interrupted by Gust... Meracle so good

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

The Fnatic Execration series was amazing. 100+ kills in game 2. Abed is so ridiculous

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Draft Drums have continued from TI to this tournament and it is good

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

tournament is good tho

Really needs to be touted that we have a patch that served through TI, where every team had the ultimate motivation (giant amounts of money) to figure out the patch and break it completely, and it still comes out looking fresh a month out from TI at an SEA tournament. A lot of heroes are similar, but there's still new standards working there way in, and it just doesn't feel tired, and that is p. cool. We had troll warlord this tournament, mid visage and multiple ODs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

BigLeafyTree posted:

This Abed fellow is pretty good at Timbersaw

he's ridiculous most of the time, plays crazy Meepo & Tinker.

• Locked thread