Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I feel like undying needs items now with tombstone getting nerfed so much but it's also hard to justify giving him farm priority so he doesn't really have a place anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Why the gently caress isn't fogged casting at TI

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Zo posted:

If a main team drops out there's an extra slot, cmon man this isn't hard.

They have a sub, they're not dropping out

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Even if VGR did drop out there would be 4 wildcard teams and 3 spots to fill, you'd still play those games

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

EorayMel posted:

im torturing myself by watching naga vs nagalchemist, what was the game losing play(s) by COL

They had a gem, saw a ward, smoked under it, and then still tried to rosh

It didn't go well

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Giving the first aghs to morphling was a huge mistake I think

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Excited to watch my favorite execration players, Kimbo and Nandu

Really though can capitalist not read their names or what

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

RIP BurNing

Burning wasn't at ti1 anyway, DK didn't move to dota 2 until a couple months after

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Goetta posted:

Wings wins the battle of who can pick the weirdest poo poo

That's why wings are the best team. Some site had 6.88 stats for every team and Wings had like picked 20 more different heroes than any other team. And it usually works for them

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I like the pudge pick but this magnus pick was just beyond awful

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Why did I doubt the best offlaner in the world, faith_bian?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

How do you not just rush a building to at least try to force a buyback if you're LGD?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

No I mean when miracle died and didn't have one, LGD jerked around too long and got nothing out of it. They didn't even try to force it

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

What

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Kainser posted:

LGD and navi were both directly invited, are both in the lower bracket

LGD are playing with a sub. They're still blundering pretty hard but playing with rabbit instead of sep is a big downgrade

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Frijolero posted:

Uuhhhhhwhat

Did DC beat EHOME??

Game 1 yeah, game 2 is not going so well

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Pyrion Flax posted:

Thank you.

Goonsider info:

They are attempting so much this year at key arena that if they pull it off it will easily be the best broadcast we've ever done. The games are already some of the best group stage games I can remember so I assume the main event will follow on, leaving the broadcast as the only real concern left for me. Cross all your fingers please.

How cool is pit lord

You can tell us, we won't say anything

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

ArchangeI posted:

I haven't followed pro Dota since the last TI, I thought MVPP had to break up because of national service in Korea or something? Are they still the same?

March had to go into the military, some of the players left, and the two mvp teams merged together with the players that were left

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Normally I would love this mvp draft but I don't see how they're going to deal with timbersaw

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

schmitty9800 posted:

Ah true, then have Moon build it (yea I know that's tough)

It also gives armor and batrider isn't always going to be near you when you need it. If anything was a mistake, it was the hood

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

It's not a Linken's, it doesn't "pop" like that. (I think.)

Even if it did, he didn't buy it to reflect spells

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I asked earlier, apparently there's a team slacks vs Team Kaci thing but I don't know which night

It's on Wednesday I believe, but I don't think anybody knows the details yet

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Uhhhhhhh

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

Maybe... techies and pudge aren't... good? I'm having a hard time understanding here.

Pudge is, techies isn't

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Toes posted:

How does CM counter Enchantress?

Frostbite lasts 10 seconds on creeps

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

That Void had some godlike chronospheres

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Orchid bkb puck was so game throwing, I wonder if alliance kick s4 now

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

more like dICK posted:

Liquid gonna ban Naga. Newbee picks alch and does the exact same thing

Eh, difference is alch has something like a 30% winrate at the tournament? Naga's way higher

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

3 games in a row you put mu somewhere other than mid, what the gently caress was newbee doing

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Give Wings the aegis, have everyone else play for something else

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Resolution with the worst song ever to end the game

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Teams really need to stop picking alchemist, I'm pretty sure his winrate at this tournament is in the 20s right now

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Bonfiesta posted:

drat. So you mean I can't obliterate punks with a burrowstrike 5x creep chain explosion anymore? Sounds more like a nerf to me.

It still explodes when the creep dies, but it also explodes on its own after a certain amount of time

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

Every time some team plays Kunkka it's garbage

67% winrate in groupstage + main event

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Sphyre posted:

i only play TA nowadays as blink meld one shotting supports is the deagle headshot of our age but could someone explain the rationale behind vlads manta void to me tia

The vlads is for farming and the manta/diffusal is for damage

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Losing that game 1 to EG broke ehome, it was kind of sad to watch DC just kind of roll over them

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Frijolero posted:

There's no MVP revisionism

Personally, I've been making GBS threads on them because they have been mediocre overall and yet get huge amounts of hype for a flaky rear end team.

5-6th at manila, 4th at shanghai, won a couple lans in between, even if they lose here a 5-6th result is still really loving good

Even if you are consistent about saying they're actually bad or some poo poo, all that means is that you're consistently wrong. Congrats on that? :confused:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Wings have to be 5 so they're just gonna get split pushed until they make a mistake

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

That was nearly a perfect game by Wings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Fat_Cow posted:

So what is all this "Woo" drama I've been hearin' about? I just tuned in last game to watch EG sweet the tourney like last year.

People making noise at a sporting event makes nerds really upset

• Locked thread