Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Goetta posted:

EHome sure looks thrilled about their win

They struggled a lot more than they probably expected, it's not surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

drunken officeparty posted:

also im fascinated by how the money works in this. like pyrion what js your day job because obvii you arent a full time dota dude. or like shane, he isnt even a part time dota dude. is he being paid to sit on the couch? how much and why. what does he do normally. is LD making dota millions? does he have to do other stuff? the world may never know

PFlax is a stay at home dad and does Dota stuff on the side as supplemental income. LD is probably pretty well off given how successful BTS has been. Dunno about Shane, I assume he has a day job since I've only ever seen him doing Dreamleague.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Meat Recital posted:

At one event, they had a big screen behind the players (no booths), and they punished players for not looking straight ahead at all times.

That is some biblical poo poo right there.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Kainser posted:

I'm mad that the forums kept dying during the secret games so I couldn't make fun of them :reject:

Oh well, them tying with synderen is hilarious enough on it's own.

To be expected, it was still a good effort for an open qualifier team.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Geight posted:

:cheers:

Also Kuroky sounded actually sad to have to knock out Navi, gosh

Kuroky always sounds like his dog just died.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Knowlue posted:

What are you viewing it through? Does it work by watching it through the dota2 website?

That chest only drops for people actually at the Key Arena.

Nam Taf posted:

kpii loving everyone's blink predictions by buying, selling, then buying it again to count as 2 blink purchases.

Who the gently caress does that?

He probably bought it just out of range of the side shop, so it went to his stash. So he sold it and rebought it.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

They said 'hotkey' before the pause. Why?

It's the reason for the pause. Someone needs to fiddle with their hotkey settings for whatever reason.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Shadow Demon, what a hero.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

ZZZorcerer posted:

Just got home, happy that DC won but... how did OG lose ? :psyduck:

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Knifegrab posted:

Its almost like I can enjoy different kinds of games than you. Seeing extremely aggressive early games being rewarded is entertaining to me, crazy!

MVP is cruising through the upper bracket and they almost exclusively go for early aggression that never lets up. Wings is similar, they fight early and often, and are also in the winner's bracket. I dunno what you're going on about early aggression not being rewarded.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Firebatgyro posted:

chainfeeding

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

gigawhite posted:

How is invoker so underfarmed

He was laning against Drow aura QOP and went for a teamfight build over midas.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Not sure about this Invoker remodel.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Remember when Universe was the worst on secret? How dysfunctional was secret to make this guy bad

Universe was a double agent sent by PPD to destroy Secret from the inside :tinfoil:

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Saint Freak posted:

What is a word for when something is so embarrassing you become embarrassed by proxy

Fremdschämen

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

No problem.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I read a book in the mouth and spiny bumps

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Timber should take a nerf to Reactive Armor. Make it possible to contest his lane without needing 3 heroes with nukes to do it.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Red Red Blue posted:

Look man I'm not trying to say he's good but he's in no way worse than people like ritsu or TC or patsoul

You forgot massive NA luminaries BSJ and Yawar

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Craptacular! posted:

I don't know why Rupture needs that buff, given that anyone who is ruptured is 98% guaranteed to be stuck in a choice where they either take Rupture damage or right-click damage from the guy who cast it. I've never seen any situation where it benefitted the recipient to run away, especially since that'll just result in minimap awareness and a faster bloodshitter.

They only buffed ranks 1 and 2, which did need a buff. It's not even that big, only 15% more damage on rank 1 and 7% on rank 2.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Radical posted:

league has a crazy streamer culture that dota never really had and i could probably write a drat essay about all the reasons why

Dota used to have big Twitch streamers as well. Singsing, RTZ, Dendi and Bulldog all pulled 20k+ viewers at the peak of their streaming careers. Even less popular pros like EE, Notail, Illidan and ice3 used to regularly get close to 10k viewers. They no longer stream on Twitch for various reasons. The current Twitch Dota streamer roster is pretty dire, and that wasn't the case a couple of years ago.

Internet Kraken posted:

What hero do you wanna pick to get the "Its Pure Magic" quest cause I'm struggling to think of anyone that deals magic damage in multiple increments over a short period of time.

The easiest by far is CM. A good cast of her ult will easily get the 20 hits without having to build anything special. Shadow Fiend is also good for this. Shadowblade into someone and ult.

Zeus depends too much on the enemy team being beefy enough to make Static Field hit for 100+. Veno can do it but it requires a lot of farm, you need level 16, Aghs and Veil to get Poison Nova ticks above the 100 treshold. Axe can work but is dependent on getting some good spin RNG which can be frustrating.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Sphyre posted:

no mediocre NA abyss of suffering is complete without TC

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Neurolimal posted:

Warhammer cosmetics for a game based off of Warcraft which in turn was inspired by/heavily copying Warhammer

They do look pretty bad though. I'm not sure how weird green armor means Nurgle (belly mouths are always cool though).

E: the kunkka hat looks really dumb.

It's based on this:

Which is a pretty iconic Nurgle model.

Got two chests out of my preorder since Valve hosed up and gave out a regular chest first. Got the preorder-version Beastmaster set which is cool and the regular Disruptor set, which looks horrible except for the cool Squig mount which is the only part I will use.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

handsome only face posted:

probably substantially easier to win a tournament qualifier at a time when there are so many teams switching rosters and not entering

I'll have you know they beat noted TI competitors Escape Gaming on their way to win the qualifier.

Also Alliance was in the same qualifier and got eliminated in the first round.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Ambivalent posted:

If anyone missed the EG vs. Newbee series that just happened, go back and watch it, especially Game 2.

SCCC is amazing, what an invoker

That last extended fight was absolutely ridiculous. Also funny that Sumail and Universe had buyback and didn't even use it as RTZ and Cr1t were diebacking. Sccc styled so hard on them that their will to play on was broken.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Both this and 6.88e have been unusually negative patches. Just rounds of nerfs.

Peanut President posted:

Stifling dagger has been nerfed twice this month.

Same with Smoke Screen. Stifling dagger used to have 1200 range at level 1, now it's 525. Smoke Screen used to slow 25% at level 1, now it's 13%. They both scale back up to their full values, but it seems IceFrog really doesn't want early roamers to be powerful.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Centzon Totochtin posted:

then from whence did this horrid beast spring

Florida, as you might expect.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

TheRat posted:

They've been really really bad since Jerax left.

They showed some signs of life in yesterday's games but yeah this game right now they're back to wet fart status.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

The throws and counterthrows and countercounterthrows were impressive. Peak NA.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

docLeder posted:

pro team complexity

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Hopefully the post major patch dumpsters SD straight into Phantom Lancer tier.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Geight posted:

Also is Sniper's aghs like... good? It seems weird that it scales off of your attack damage since you'll have one less item to boost that up, and all your Talents are a choice between buffing your shrapnel spamming or buffing a not-damage stat.

I played a Sniper game and it seemed kinda bad. You need a shitload of attack damage for the Aghs version to come close to non-Scepter Assassinate damage. Against a support with low armor, let's say 8, you need 225 attack damage which isn't that hard, but vs. an high armor target with like 20 armor you need a ridiculous 350 and it just gets a lot worse from there. Aghs Assassinate also doesn't really benefit at all from common sniper builds, usually you don't stack raw damage but go for on-hit/attack speed stuff like Maelstrom and Desolator. On top of that, the stats on Aghs are bad for Sniper.

causticBeet posted:

The worst part about the UI is how when you click on another unit it opens a small and difficult to read box over on the edge of your screen. It's much less natural way to check inventories and I really hope they give me an option to have it be he old way.

This is already an option in the game. Under Interface, check "Unit query overrides hero control console".

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Mao posted:

My biggest complaint though, still is the vision. With any other hero I can think of, an item can counter them. All your invis heros suffer to wards and dust. Magic nukers you can linkens or BKB or pipe. PA you build an MKB. But, what item or build can I do to help get vision on Monkey? At that point its either counter pick or have no vision on him. And, I don't really think thats healthy for the meta.

Observer wards. Place them on high ground. I don't think the issue with MK is vision at all, but rather every other thing. He's a ridiculously strong laner that later on runs around blowing up people instantly. He's Ursa except he doesn't fall off and has actual utility: a huge range stun, a decent mobility skill and giant aoe ult that will destroy anyone unfortunate enough to get caught in it.

His only real weakness is that he does have some problems actually finishing games since he can't siege well, much like Ursa.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

mikeraskol posted:

I think a big part of this is that people don't know what the hero does. He's somewhat terrifying in lane if you don't respect the passive. Yesterday I was laning safe against a solo offlane Axe. He tried to play it as if he were up against a normal melee hero, when you should be playing as if you are up against an Ursa instead. If I get four hits on you, you're dead.

MK has twice the range Ursa does. In a melee vs. MK matchup it would be borderline impossible to both last hit and avoid MK hitting you. Hell, I had trouble avoiding hits when I was playing VS, an ostensibly ranged hero, in a solo lane vs MK. Then I looked it up and it turns out Venge's ranged attack only barely outranges MK's "melee" attack.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

They put the valuables inside the suitcases so they aren't seen walking around with a bunch of jewelry and expensive electronics in their hands.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Shameless BM is a proud Latin American tradition.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Isn't Nahaz like a PhD college professor with a wife and kids? Why the gently caress would he even be considering pausing his academic career to spend a full year talking about videogames?

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I didn't care about Secret either way but after this 'tism-cast I now hope they lose every game forever.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Reality Winner posted:

the wings gaming may have disbanded after their team stopped payng them and all the players have been banned for life from ACE, but at least they arent failing to qualifying versus swindlemelonzz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

poo poo, I'm a golden Aui from having a full golden NP set.

• Locked thread