Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Im desperate for that LC Immortal but not even able to play until the 26th of August. Untradeable/ungiftable is some bullshit. Someone use my compendium as a surrogate and ill give you all my immortal chests or something.

Immortal 3's all look like poo poo except Lina's proton cannon which will cost $200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
You can change your fantasy picks every day. I got 4/5 OG and a golden Mu so I'm pretty well set I think.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Ehome are winning the wildcard right?

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Xtanstic posted:

I should have bought more player card packs yesterday goddamnit. I just want to catch 'em all. :(

gently caress my life for actually opening any of these idiot card packs. Goodbye, $20.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Are golden cards that only play twice a day going to be better than reds that play 3? I have a golden Mu but have Dendi, Maybe, and Miracle as my cores already.

botany posted:

the fantasy points seem to have stabilized now. i got 847 points yesterday, how y'all doing? also EG is going to have the roughest day one of group stage, ouch. playing against wings, navi and OG. liquid should be cruising.

I think the points are still changing, I went from 680ish to 383. Thanks Ehome.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
4x Split screen, poo poo lords. Can't wait to watch 12 lanes simultaneously.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Desperate Character posted:

Well that's a relief. I have a screencap ready for whoever wanted to know about how Navi.Artstyle was going to do in the fantasy draft. Did he really never place a single observer ward? Navi is definitely back...of the point earnings :v:

My gold ArtSytle got me 80 points. Thanks for nothing Navi.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
508.67 points yesterday. Dondo and ArtStyle let me down bigtime, with Dendi getting outscored by my silver Wings y' card.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Holy moly Secret. I've been driving for 7 hours and take a break to see they're getting blown out lmao. I am done with my hopes for this team. Blow it up Kemal.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
LD sucks rear end and I hate teh way he emphasizes words constantly. I can't stand to listen to him but he's here to stay so OH WELL.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
I have notail in my fantasy picks today (because I have no cores for MVP or DC).

We loving lost.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

botany posted:

actually OG being lower bracket is so far the only thing i got wrong :smug:

edit: let's not talk about fantasy points though because yesterday was brutal on that front

I got my dick blown off in fantasy yesterday (miracle notail reso fly saksa) but all the teams that got knocked out today got me some good cards, so here's hoping Miracle, w33, oldchicken, akke, and fenrir can get me back in it since im like 120 points off top 100 now. Im sure thats actually an insurmountable lead though.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

botany posted:

oh poo poo i forgot i can recycle cards now!

(i had n0tail shadow bLink misery cr1t but still only ended up with 170some points)

Yep I got w33 and QO most notably from dusting so it wasn't a total loss of a day.

It would be awesome if Valve kept a database of some sort so we can look up players fantasy stats by day.

Looke posted:

i unpacked a golden arteezy yesterday :smith:

Easiest 5 dust of your life you mean.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
OG was still on top of fantasy points I think. But uhhhhhhh yeah looks like we're all hosed going forward.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
SEA and NA are going to be the top 2 regions when this is all said and done.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
I hope Alliance stays in because Akke has been getting me sick amounts of oberserver ward points.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
ready as gently caress to see our chinese overlords smash EG

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
loving lol @ The Haitch poster behind the commentary desk.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
So it's only NA and SEA (+wings) left in the tourney??

Swindles was right.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

more like dICK posted:

I am sick today and will die before the grand finals. My dieing wish is for sunsfan to win TI god bless

I have Dengue Fever in Bali right now and you wouldn't believe the pain I am enduring to watch Dota at 2 AM instead of nuking myself to sleep.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
I just woke up from Dengue Fever dreams to say USA GO HOME

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
LOL @ that loving idiot that got an Alliance tattoo on his leg LMAO

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
What's happening with other EG teams like people playing Street Fighter and SC2 and poo poo?

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
A lot of the good Warhammer sets didnt make it, presumably so they can make another half good-half poo poo chest just like this one to make more money off of it.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Internet Kraken posted:

I realized that the Warhammer sets don't have anything Skaven related, which is a shame since they are the best Warhammer race.

There was a sick Riki set actually, probably getting saved for treasure 2 because it was one of the best for sure.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
I think the insane queue times are also a contributing factor.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Is there a goon discord or anything to find a Battlecup group?

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Groovelord Neato posted:

kinda sad korea went from the all-time best competitive video game to fuckin lol.

They did take 1st 2nd and 3rd in league, which is a much bigger appeal in Korea

If Valve gave a poo poo about anything but china in Asia im sure Korea would be making GBS threads all over every region in Dota as well

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Milky Moor posted:

now, remember, this hero has an arcana coming out

Thats pretty much waht this set is. They probably hired a bunch of guys to send them arcana ideas, this was one of them that someone sent in as a rough draft (which is why it's garbage) that was ultimately declined being the Arcana and Valve was like alright just add that poo poo.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Radical posted:

i think looking at hots and saying "yes the talents are the problem here" is not really seeing the forest for the trees.

hots sucks for the same reason hearthstone sucks, for the same reason overwatch sucks, for the same reason sc2 sucks (blizzard can't loving balance games.) hots is probably their least successful mp game but it released really late in a crowded genre when usually blizzard games have 0 competition.

actually Overwatch rules and is way more fun than Dota 2 ever was

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Are people actually hating on Merlini listening to DI.fm on his stream? What do you people want? Trance is literally the most inoffensive music a streamer can listen to.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Smythe posted:

Helm of the black legion on kaelthas lol. DC ftw

I think i saw RTZ (maybe???) do this vanguard mael build on Invoker a little while ago. Seemed real good.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Why the hell is CM all of a sudden a top pick? I haven't been following the Meta but TI has pulled me back into Dota like the idiot fucker I am.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

DNK posted:

Three reasons:
1. Roots were buffed: they prevent blinks. CM's ice block is essentially a stun where heroes can cast spells except blinks. At level 4 it lasts 3 seconds and has a 6 second cooldown. This is good.

2. Clarity potions were significantly buffed. This helps CM accelerate her early-game.

3. The meta has shifted into a lot of constant aggression and roaming. CM's aura enables mana-hungry ( / powerful!) heroes to do their thing more. This helps teams win.

and there's a 4th bonus in that CM is a great fit into nearly any lineup. She's an easy first / second pick when you don't want to reveal anything.

This is all not counting the fact that her ult is an extremely powerful teamfight damage source. Overall, CM is A tier.

e: and her q provides flying vision which is amazing

Sick, she's my favorite support to play so I'm glad to see she's strong. Any insight as to why QoP is so popular as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Level 25 qop talent is insane if you get mjolnir. You just do a crazy amount of damage

Makes sense. Do people build her as a right clicker these days or do veil/octarine/aghs? She was one of my fave mids before she got dumpstered way back.

• Locked thread