Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

$25M here we come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sphyre posted:

I'm glad we finally got a new thread for the biggest and best event in the dota calendar. I refer, of course, to the second edition of The Town: http://www.thetown.gg

wait did they really get Ender Wiggin to agree to this

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Fogged not being at TI6 is pretty dumb, dude is legit really good at what he does and he's still improving. I mean come on you put on Budget Matt Damon for crying out loud, Valve.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Kainser posted:

And even then you have stuff like "THE PLAY" which would be considered a pretty standard bkb turnaround nowadays.

I mean, the play execution wasn't really everything that made up the play though. Though Dendi's execution during the play was pretty sick. He force-staffs himself out of range of Ravage, lifts the Lina, then steals Ravage (because Tide was in the black hole and couldn't Anchor Smash), then Ravages the enemy. It was also just that LoH had a BKB at ~17 minutes and that he went BKB first. It was this along with the fact that the draft and Engima build was actually just really good against Naga which had been basically unbeatable in every other game, especially Naga + Dark Seer which they had. Everyone was surprised as poo poo when they picked Juggernaut, and it turned out to be super good because of the turnaround potential. And of course, the stage it was taking place on was huge. It wasn't "standard" by any definition.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Majuju posted:

2GD's arena shooter is up on Kickstarter.

the "play with Sheever" rewards level is already gone and only Bruno has any other takers (1 of 2)

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

extra stout posted:

They needed a father figure to help out Era when he gets a panic attack because he suddenly gets hit with the knowledge that the universe has no center and no edges, reality is arbitrary, and swindlemelonz is his team mate in a 20 million dollar tournament

Era's on Escape dawg

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Though of course Synderen's is obviously a joke but also Universe didn't actually play for Online Kingdom

E: any team with roster trouble should just sign Misery he's a free ticket to TI every year

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

RTZ cumming in his face

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

secret go home

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Frijolero posted:

Shout out to DC. Game 2 starting. https://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti_3

Is anyone else surprised they've come this far?

I will admit I did predict they would not be eliminated in the first two days of the group stage.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Bulba is a better fit than Universe for Secret with roars like that

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

I missed all the games except this last Secret Fnatic game and MVP losing :smith:

How did EG look today?

They went 4-0 so pretty good!

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/NoxvilleZA/status/761593101659938817

Secret literally worse than a team already eliminated from TI6

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sillybones posted:

That was great. Worst stomp ti6?

DC were close against Newbee with 16:41 but yeah

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

cr1t wasn't worthy of really mentioning as a top tier player until recently (basically the Frankfurt Major)

He was always basically the best player on his former teams but that's because he hung around with his Danish buddies too long before landing on Monkey Business.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Power of Pecota posted:

Alliance is at least guaranteed a tiebreaker with TNC now, right?

not if they lose and TNC wins

e: I'm wrong, that's exactly when they tiebreak
e2: v :argh:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

scuz posted:

slacks: describe n0tail if he were a food
og manager (missed her name): nuts, lot of nuts, all shapes and sizes, lots of nuts

that's evany

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

jerax rubick double kill hnnnngg

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Zurreco posted:

Hey Pyrion, is Bruno carrying around a briefcase full of cash in order to quickly get synderen casting as soon as Escape is eliminated today?

I think Synd loves casting so I imagine it would take minimal arm-twisting to get him to do so. Now, whether or not they'll get him to do some is a different question.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

scuz posted:

anyone have the cliff notes of Lord Gaben's intro speech? missed the whole thing :(

schmitty9800 posted:

Half Life 3 will be out tomorrow.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Goetta posted:

The gem play is cool but not like that rare or crazy imo.

Man Miracle owns

You didn't watch that game did you

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Taffer posted:

those were... interesting ults from void and bat

intimidation lasso

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

lodasphere x2

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

ElNarez posted:

I always thought the great drafts he was involved in were Goblak's, though.

Still, there's worse people to learn how to draft good from.

what when did seb share a team with goblak

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

is that a new yet-to-be-picked-or-banned hero?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

schmitty9800 posted:

Unpicked/Unbanned:
Arc Warden
Bloodseeker
Centaur Warrunner
Jakiro
Leshrac
Lina
Techies
Treant Protector
Visage

Unpicked:
Necophos

http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/events/126/picks

Arc Warden isn't in CM right? Also, I could see almost any of those picked or banned except Techies though Visage/Treant would probably be my guesses as the more likely.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Pick Axe, Win Dota

I like this meta

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

oh my god that double starfall

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Khisanth Magus posted:

What does the mirana aghs do? Not sure I've seen it before, but I've been out of touch for a while.

Gives you a free Starfall every ... 14?8 seconds. Only goes off if enemies are around though.

But it doesn't put your Starfall on cooldown either so you can cast it and the passive can trigger for a double.

e: jesus it's 8 seconds

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

mikeraskol posted:

OG got loving smashed repeatedly DUNKED in game 3.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

oh my god blinding light into a mana leak stun

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

mikeraskol posted:

Serious question. Has Armlet - Radiance - Manta - Octarine Alchemist ever won a game in the history of Dota?

a lot, including by DC against EHOME at this event: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2551542175

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Craptacular! posted:

Iceice vs Iceiceice is going to be the most confusing game for newcomers.

Korok vs Kuroky wasn't that bad
and has Mu vs Moo happened yet? I assume it has

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Black rightly calling out LD

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Chen ahead of everyone on DC in farm, not great

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

huh, CM has no actual attack backswing apparently, just a long-rear end attack animation

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

forums are kind of back let me be the first to say

:lol: Secret

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

schmitty9800 posted:

Had to make sure to get this one in before they get bounced

ouch

but yeah this is true

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Oh my god Naga is the loving worst and I actually want Liquid to win but Naga is such a loving blight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

LGD / Secret was the long slow schadenfreude I knew it'd be, it's schadenfreude edging if you will

• Locked thread