Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Andrast posted:

If players leaving a team means that the captain is bad then literally every single captain in pro dota is awful. If he is so awful to play with how did he keep EG going as a stable strong team for a long-rear end time when the average age for a dota team is like three months?

Most of the players you listed played with him for like years which is loving forever in pro dota.

PPD was the best player on EG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I think you have to play support to be a good captain. As a carry you have to focus on maximizing your farm and not getting ganked.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Lone druids talents are loving broken right now. +200 range at level 10, -50 seconds respawn at 20, and -10s savage road cooldown at 25. With talents like that, why put anything besides boots and oov on the bear?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Martian Manfucker posted:

the power jump at 15 with +65 damage is the big one IMO

Yeah, that ones also good. Is there a hero with a talent that gives more than 65?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

violent sex idiot posted:

dark seer 90, lich 150, someone else gets 100 i think but i cant remember who

Thanks, and its Bounty.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

isnt purge only like 4.5k or something

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Odd they didn't nerf Alch.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

emdash posted:

apparently there's some talon + qb interaction that should have been fixed, too, but I don't know what it is

Only reason I can think of is that maybe Valve thinks the new "team fight and push" meta already hurts Alch.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Early morning dota is the best

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

funmanguy posted:

Agreed. Any must see games so far?

Just woke up myself but heard Invoker Miracle dropped 23-0 on someone.

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 27, 2017

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Its just not EE's patch.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Andrast posted:

That's every patch

He won the Shanghai Major a year ago, and took 2nd at the Frankfurt Major 1.5 years ago.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Andrast posted:

Those were with much better teams.

Yeah and this year he got tired of the Secret bullshit and "made a team with friends just to have fun". That hasn't worked, so now he's probably going back to tryhard Envy and kicking dead weight.

I agree with Xtanstic that he shouldn't be the in game caller. In fact, I don't think any carry players should be the in game caller. Carry's need to focus on maximizing their farm and dominating their lane. Have you noticed how teams who have the 5 as captains seem to be doing the best? Fly of OG, PPD or Cr1t of EG, Kuroky of Liquid, Q of IG. All of these teams have the 5 as captains because they can constantly scout the map and get a better feel for what's happening in the game.

Skill wise, he's great at farming carries like terrorblade, anti-mage, naga, drow and medusa. That type of play is out of the meta right now. Carries/mids are leaving lanes to jungle a bit and letting their warlocks, silencers, and earth spirits get farm and then smoking up to fight. Have you ever seen EE do that? No, he's a farm hog because he plays farm hogging heroes. He needs to adapt and play more mid game heroes, like Jugg, Slark, Ursa, or Troll.

EE's also the most transparent player in the league. He doesn't give a poo poo what people think and doesn't let anyone influence him. He's responsible for better equipment at LANs, organizations paying out, and better tournament formats. His plays aside, he's a big reason competitive Dota 2 is what it is today.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

EE is a good player but a bad captain.

Pureauthor posted:

I feel we should be discussing how rtz is actually bad.

Nah

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Craptacular! posted:

This is vaguely true although way too specific. S4, Mushi, Xiao8, Iceiceice, and ROTK have all led from position 2/3 successfully.

I think everybody who has watched Envy stream can see how he leads people, you can argue with his methods, but people keep lining to be on his team.

I didn't know S4 captained, what team? S4 is my favorite player in the scene.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Craptacular! posted:

Alliance in 2013. They won something called a "TI" even.

Whats a TI? I thought Loda captained that team but yeah it was s4.

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 7, 2017

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Incoherence posted:

Continuing the story of whatever the gently caress is happening in the DC front office, DC announces they are dropping their old roster and acquiring Team Onyx.

Both old-DC (now called Thunderbirds) and new-DC had Kiev invites, and both will still have them: as always, Valve event invitations go to the set of players, not the organization.

What the gently caress is happening?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Mason sucks.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Nichael posted:

Where's a reliable source for filling out predictions for the Kiev Battle Pass? I don't know enough about professional Dota to do it myself.

Only one I'm sure of is Thunderbirds winning it all. EE will coach them to victory.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

a witch posted:

You pay $10 for access to low mmr ranked dota, and you think you're the smart one in this situation?

wrecked

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Seems worth it if it gets rid of smurfs and bought accounts.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Glad I woke up to this series. Can someone tell me how EG lost to TNC? Just by looking at the dotabuff page it would seem they got out-drafted.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Why is Sumail playing troll and magnus? He never plays those heroes. Also, he's killing Zai's potentional when he puts him on Treant.

Loving Aui on the panel too.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

s4 sick hook

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Can anyone beat IG

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

great interview, I feel my game improving already

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/followNoxville/status/856531988873871363

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 24, 2017

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

EG is playing a different meta

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Oh man is Universe doing the Aghs/Octarine pure cancerous NP build

He has to against a brood.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Craptacular! posted:

+420 gold/min is such a stupid talent.

I feel like it caps out. Eventually your just buying moonshards for your crystal maiden.

and EG throws...

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 24, 2017

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

EG will win TI

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Cr1t is playing in a different meta than everyone else I think

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

rock dropped on a cm, fighting on an enemy shrine, not sure how you could gently caress it up more

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Faceless respawns too quick to end the game

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5FMSaMH1oU

Sumail, the private detective.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/wykrhm/status/856869976384425985

IG vs EG gonna be good

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Slark is a great pick here, counters Bat and PA really hard.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Cr1t Zai is crushing it so far on wind runner

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Apr 25, 2017

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel like every time I see arteezy play Slark he's on a completely different level

He got a shadowblade at minute 11 with 0 kills. That's nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I agree with Synderen, IG just looks out of their element.

• Locked thread