Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shodai
Aug 18, 2006
So I have to start over from scratch? gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

TipsyMcStagger posted:

so this game looks like an Ultima Online reboot.. What's the bad?

It is nothing like UO.

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006
https://www.reddit.com/r/albiononline/comments/4ym3aj/rant_my_issues_with_albion/

History repeating itself. Folks are making the same observations and venting frustrations some have for 2 years. I can feel 'AlbionOnlineAMA' seething in his responses/effort posts within that thread.

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

it's actually good

Nah it's a dumpster fire, bro.

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

How to fix the game:
1) remove/reduce zerg damage reduction mechanic
2) entering in pvp combat (like getting hit) instantly dismounts you (without locking your skills)
2.5) make the zoning invulnerability buff last for 20 seconds, but movement changes the duration to 5 seconds left. Make the 'No shield' buff last 30 seconds. Still give them 10 seconds of movement speed.
3) you cannot hop onto your mount while in pvp combat.
3.5) apply gallop to roads only, no matter if you're in combat by a mob or not.
4) logging in does not give you a 30 second invulnerability and speed buff
5) fix zoning-altf4 logoff trick
6) cut the map size in half, trying to find people more than 2 zones outside of cities isn't worth it
7) rework the crime system such that:
a) criminals can work their reputation back up somehow once below the threshold of flagging
b) criminals can respawn in and enter red cities at any city, but can't do anything once in them (if they're the lowest reputation) (they can trade for gear, access their chest, the AH, but only public buildings.)
c) dying reduces your positive reputation by a certain %, such that you can't keep naked scouting flagged people and drop their reputation to nefarious in 5 minutes.
8) make t7 and t8 rare, but not predictably rare, make them completely random.
9) make slows from gear significantly more effective, so that a single person or a small group of people can actually catch someone, without forcing people into larger groups.
10) put more AoE into the game to disincentive (naturally) zerging
11) fix the zoom-out bugs/hacks/exploits that are obviously in the game. If I can go into cheat engine, modify one memory value, and see the entire map, there is a major issue. (just reduce render range to JUST outside of screen range, so even people who cheat only get half a second of faster information, rather than twice the range of the default camera)
12) remove player chat moderators. remove the blocked player limit. this is pretty self regulating. the only time people should intervene when poo poo is said that breaks the EULA and that already happens

that's it for now thanks for listening.

Oh my sweet summer child.

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

2DCAT posted:

It's not all bad news. What's old is new again, and we have more skeltal grinds to look forward to! :peanut:

Clearly this will turn it all around.

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006
I made several effortposts on the official forums starting in 2014 and have never been able to live that down. :froggonk:

quote:

Shodai - Feb 8th 2015 - Feedback & Suggestions
Agreed. Last alpha I jumped in for a glimpse at what some were calling UO2. It was fun but shallow, yet I had faith. Came back for this, and in 6 months we got...a lame farming system. PvP was seemingly untouched-It has hardly any skill feel to it, no collision, no interesting skills, and lacks elegence. Just meh. Not much of a change to PvE for that matter. Hope Summer brings quite the upgrade.

quote:

Hope Summer brings quite the upgrade.

Shodai fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 19, 2016

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006
When is this game going to be good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

wraith_5_ posted:

The game IS getting better every beta.