Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

White culture is white people posting on the internet about how much they hate white people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ITT a bunch of people declare that their own culture is boring and bland while all others are exotic and cool. Also that the sky is blue.

Last week I was at a barbecue, and I met an exchange student from Singapore. She told me that the best thing about her visit so far was eating corn on the cob, she was genuinely excited about it. She also wanted her sponsor family to let her mow their lawn, because she had never done that before. I've met a lot of people from other countries, and for the most part they think that a lot of American things that we take for granted are just the coolest poo poo ever.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SedanChair posted:

Haha that's how it would look to somebody paranoid that white isn't always best, huh.

It's a good thing I don't feel that way, then, and I'm not sure how you got that from my post. I don't care about the "white culture" (a nonsense term) thing at all, I was just trying to point out how silly it is for Americans to say that American culture is boring. Usually people who feel that way haven't interacted with anyone not from America very much.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Like it's cool if you think some foreign dish is the best thing ever and vastly superior to boring American cuisine, but I'll bet that a lot of the people who eat it regularly are just sick of it and would love to try a hot dog instead.

• Locked thread