Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Judakel posted:

Pretending you're black then getting found out..

Demanding proof of whiteness from some, proof of blackness from others.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
beautiful harmonies and fear of hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot4ulSeYcHU&t=12s

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVmFTM4PlmI

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Blue Star posted:

How about all of human history? The Egyptians didn't use slaves to build the pyramids; they were built by free workers who were paid a wage for their labor. Chattel slavery really got started with the Greeks and the Romans, especially the Romans. This started a trend that culminated in the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. The Chinese didn't do that. The Egyptians didn't do that. The Muslims didn't do that. The Indians didn't do that.

As for gender binary, again, go do some research. Other cultures had gender non-conformity and acceptance of homosexuality. White people didn't. I'm a white trans women, and the reason why that's relevant is because we are a relatively knew phenomenon: trans people of color pioneered this poo poo, and were there from the very beginning. They were the first. Same goes for gay and lesbian rights: it was always people of color who were fighting for it. White LGBT appropriated these things. White people invented pederasty, though.

Fake critical theory versions of history bore and annoy me. They also put you in the position of advancing a narrative more idiotic than "Killing Lincoln" by Bill O'Reilly's ghostwriter.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

wateroverfire posted:

It wasn't my term?

For content:

Caring about productivity is white culture.

Yeah everybody else is on CP time huh.

e: poo poo I don't even know why I try to bait racists any more. Your orange god is here, everything is out in the open, you'll all be shunned and treated as a strange footnote to history. May your children bury you in a pauper's grave.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

So, some white culture things to keep the thread rolling: Cultural relativism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HbF3EAt3ck

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

ITT a bunch of people declare that their own culture is boring and bland while all others are exotic and cool. Also that the sky is blue.

Haha that's how it would look to somebody paranoid that white isn't always best, huh.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Immortan posted:

The whiteness is the best part of you though, no?

Isn't this a sad thing?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Immortan posted:

How you suppress your white heritage by shitposting against it on the internet? Absolutely.

When have I disdained it? I'm very fond of my white heritage (hiking, leftism, Pendleton wool products), as equally as I am of my black heritage (collard greens, pretending the middle class is upper class, listening to Freddie King). I think the fact that white supremacists interpret that as loathing a part of myself is very revealing.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Immortan posted:

You never did any of this. you lied about your white heritage until you were caught though, IIRC? its rational and quite apparent that you are consumed by at least some self loathing

Again no; I was always clear that I am biracial and have one black parent, and have the privilege of growing up seeing a part of the black experience but not looking black. I posted about this years before racists got excited by a picture of my hand.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I would have loved for this thread to not end up being about me (again) but I seem to really be on every single D&D racist's mind, unceasingly.

Immortan posted:

How is it possible to experience the black experience when you don't look black? :confused:

That would be a great question for a person to ask in good faith, wouldn't it?

Half of my family is black, so everything about the way that our family interacted, I experienced. The part I missed out on was being treated like a black person by whites. Instead, I got to hear what they say about black people when they think there aren't any around.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Shaun King is another example of a biracial man who is very obviously biracial to anybody who actually knows black people, and is repeatedly slandered by ignorant racists who don't know anything about black people. Like me, I am sure Shaun King was repeatedly cornered by black kids at school who demanded "are you mixed?"

e:

Immortan posted:

If you look white, would it be fair to say that your white genes were dominant genes and your black genes were recessive genes? Does this mimic the colonial era in your opinion?

This is a meaningless post and a meaningless question. I shouldn't respond to it, but I will say that I closely resemble my father but am very fair. So if anything, my features resemble my black parent more closely than my white parent.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Elias_Maluco posted:

One thing is for certain: there nothing whiter than this kind of public self blaming and self bashing

Where are you seeing this? It seems like you've conjured it out of your own imaginings.

Besides, only the most pathetic and unaccomplished of whites would hang their hat on "white culture" as a whole. Forget your culture, what have you done personally?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Really, I cannot show enough appreciation for all the racists who deny my identity. I really skated by for my whole life without truly understanding what it is to be targeted by bigots: I was always just an onlooker watching the targeting of others. Because I looked like Fred Savage.

Now I really get it. I have these warring impulses within me: to disengage completely, to just hurl abuse at everyone, to try and politely answer everyone. It's really tiring. You can never win with these sons of bitches.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Crowsbeak posted:

Please gas chamber this thread.

"Hide it, hide my white power brothers' shame."

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
e: nm

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

lol, saying that all white people ever weren't slaver child murderers makes you a neo-nazi

It's always fun to watch you try to take some distance from bigot euro fascists, but in the end you can't help throwing in with them

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

an skeleton posted:

How did you derive that from what I said? Do you really see the continued culture of "racial pride", no matter what the race/ethnic group, being sustainable into the future? I don't. I'm not really a fan of pride in general though, no matter the race.

Is black pride bad? Answer only this question.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

an skeleton posted:

I'm somewhat of a futurist

:jerkbag:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

Why do you think you know how to spend people's "idea dollars" better than they do?

I'll give you seven guesses.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Schizotek posted:

I'll take the Klan any day

I know you will.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Immortan posted:

They'd probably allow you to join them as well.

Well, back in the old days I certainly could have snuck in. But if they had found out who I was I'd have been lynched.

Feel free not to restrain yourself in the slightest, though. Say whatever comes to your mind.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Yes that's Shaun King, a man who is very obviously biracial. Every time white supremacists try to question his background they make asses of themselves.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Crowsbeak posted:

I love how people say they are against racism but then try to cling to ideas like "biracial".

After centuries of chasing down everyone with any black ancestry at all and calling them black, now it's time to do a 180 and become anthropologists

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Jack Gladney posted:

Has anyone mentioned that "white" just means "dominant American culture" and that it's simply an expandable placeholder category for anyone in the ruling class that oscillates as a result of economic factors?

I say Indians will become white next thanks to their generally conservative politics. Who's your guess?

Oh oh I know! I've played this game I've played it a thousand times, as a diversion from the monotony of white privilege! Latinos! Black people! Golden retrievers!!

Immortan posted:

Shaun King doesn't even know who his father is. What background?

Oh come on that's a little dancey isn't it? You're dancing around. Don't you want to come out and say it? Say it.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Immortan posted:

Are you saying you know who your father is?

Yes, I do actually! He died years ago but was a good dad and always supported me. Some others like you have already commented on how they felt that was the least believable part of my story.

e:

Crowsbeak posted:

Why shouldn't we try to eliminate the concept?

Who is "we"? Serious question.

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

If you think their "time off" did not include doing quite a bit of necessary work, you're very ignorant.

Hey we're going to go get drunk. A guy came through who made a flute out of a chicken leg bone. It's going to be lit

• Locked thread